Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 23, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #1,051 of 5,780
Overall for me the game where I've seen the biggest improvement in terms of sound stage and localization of gun fire and footsteps is.... Dirty bomb.

Surprising but true. In Dirty bomb I can clearly hear where everyone is coming from, so clearly in fact I get goosebumps when I clearly hear someone coming close to me from behind and I dunno if it's enemy or friend.

It's truly remarkable.

Game number 2 would be Destiny 2 ... And 3 TW3

Sep 24, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,052 of 5,780
Overall for me the game where I've seen the biggest improvement in terms of sound stage and localization of gun fire and footsteps is.... Dirty bomb.

Surprising but true. In Dirty bomb I can clearly hear where everyone is coming from, so clearly in fact I get goosebumps when I clearly hear someone coming close to me from behind and I dunno if it's enemy or friend.

It's truly remarkable.

Game number 2 would be Destiny 2 ... And 3 TW3

Haven't played Dirty Bomb in quite some time. Will have to reinstall it and give it a go

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #1,054 of 5,780
I wait for these headphones for a month and I want to prepare my PC for their convenient use.
I want to listen to Music and watch Films with this headphones using Bluetooth.

What Audio Card do you order for purchase and which device do I need to buy, to be able to watch Videos/ listen Music from the computer in Mobius on bluetooth without delay? Or is it impossible?

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #1,055 of 5,780
I wait for these headphones for a month and I want to prepare my PC for their convenient use.
I want to listen to Music and watch Films with this headphones using Bluetooth.

What Audio Card do you order for purchase and which device do I need to buy, to be able to watch Videos/ listen Music from the computer in Mobius on bluetooth without delay? Or is it impossible?

You dont need any special audio card since the Mobius got both the Dac/amp built in, just make sure you got somewhat up to date motherboard i guess.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #1,056 of 5,780
I'm currently using Equalizer APO for system wide EQ, I have a 6.5db boost to the sub bass area with these headphones (leaving them on "default" sound profile). The following is what I'm using, I like the way these sound I just wanted a bit more "thump", I think it's also best to EQ the default setting so that you don't have to keep swapping profiles whenever you power on the Mobius.

I think it's also important that you use the right room ambient settings in the app. The higher the setting of this the more "metallic" sounding they get. They do emulate a large echoing room, but they don't sound full at all if this setting is up too high. The default is in the 40's or so I think, which I found too high. I lowered this down to 32 and I like the way it sounds with the above EQ settings.

I don't have access to either of those programs, unfortunately. I'm on a Mac.

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #1,058 of 5,780
My motherboard is Gigabyte Z370 Gaming.
And how can I listen music/Video with bluetooth from my computer to Mobius? Someone will help me? what the device i need ?
Thnx

As long as your computer has built in Bluetooth then you don't need anything else. Just double tap the power button until you hear the voice say pairing, look for "Audeze 3D BT" where your Bluetooth connections appear, click connect/pair, choose the media outlet you want to use and listen to, and you're golden.

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,059 of 5,780
My motherboard is Gigabyte Z370 Gaming.
And how can I listen music/Video with bluetooth from my computer to Mobius? Someone will help me? what the device i need ?
Thnx

As per your MB specs:
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset
Realtek ALC1220
Audio Channels
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF Out

Your MB supports audio already - you just have to plug your Mobius into a USB connection and you're good to go. When you plug in the Mobius go to your sound settings and select the Mobius as your default playback device. If you plan to use the mic you will have to set it as the default recording device too.

If you want to use Bluetooth on your PC you will need to buy a Bluetooth dongle.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #1,060 of 5,780
I wasn't sure which thread was most appropriate for this comparison, as all 3 headphones have their own active dedicated threads. So I figured I'd post here and then perhaps a link in the other threads to this post rather than repeat.

For the last several days I've been comparing 3 sets at my office hooked up to my desktop PC. All have had 50+ hours of burn-in.

1. Audeze Mobius (closed), connected via USB, using 2-channel high-res, music preset.
2. Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee (open), USB out to Marantz HD-DAC1, flat, no EQ.
3. Takstar Pro82 (closed), same connection as Sennheiser, bass ports opened to middle setting.

Each set has their strengths:

Audeze: bass extension (but not quantity), versatility of modes, and connection modes. Least comfortable. Most expensive ($399 retail, I paid $199).
Sennheiser: Most "clinical", most midrange texture of the three; least "exciting" of the 3. Cost: $149 via Massdrop.
Takstar: Most comfortable, most "fun", most bass quantity. Least detailed. Least expensive at ~$82.

Comfort:

Takstar >>>>>> Sennheiser >> Audeze

Bass extension:

Audeze >> Sennheiser >> Takstar

Bass quantity/Impact:

Takstar >> Audeze >>>>> Sennheiser

Soundstage width:

Takstar > Sennheiser >>>> Audeze

Midrange quality:

Sennheiser >>> Audeze = Takstar

Detail:

Sennheiser >> Audeze >>>>> Takstar

Control:

Sennheiser >> Audeze >>>>> Takstar

Headroom/expansiveness of sound:

Takstar >> Sennheiser >>>>> Audeze

I find myself liking them each at different times for different types of music. If I had to choose one and only one to keep, it probably would be the Takstar, due to comfort, cost, and the bass impact.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,061 of 5,780
Yeah, 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0. Personally i ordered one in 5 meter length, its powered directly by the USB port, not sure about power the longer the cables get.

A word of warning; I could not get the Mobius to work with the USB 3.0 active cable I bought, but once I tried it with a USB 2.0 one, it worked fine. I'm not sure if this is the case with all 3.0 active cables though.

@CaptSalty If you're interested, the one I got was Monoprice's USB-A to USB-A Female 2.0 Active Cable. It comes in various lengths and doesn't require an external power supply.

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,063 of 5,780
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #1,064 of 5,780
Compared Mobius to my flat-ish EQed floorstanders with my own head. (FR is 1-octave smoothed). That extra energy from 500Hz to 4kHz really forces the volume down.

Exactly. And I'm of the mindset that the hrtf convolution w.e makes headphones seem even brighter due to the 2 channels to render one channel and the added reverb. When using OOYH I eq all my headphones flat, not compensation curve flat, flat flat. It doesn't sound any less detailed, under ab comparison sure, but really un eq'd is just over accentuated treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back