Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,021 of 5,780
@Audeze
@KMann

I'm having an issue with incoming phone calls...

The setup: Mobius plugged into USB-C on PC. Mobius also connected to phone through BT.
Scenario: Phone call comes in over BT and normal ringing over headphones is heard. Call is answered.
Bug: The incoming voice call is garbled and squelchy and clears up if USB-C is unplugged.

Sep 22, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #1,022 of 5,780
@Audeze
@KMann

I'm having an issue with incoming phone calls...

The setup: Mobius plugged into USB-C on PC. Mobius also connected to phone through BT.
Scenario: Phone call comes in over BT and normal ringing over headphones is heard. Call is answered.
Bug: The incoming voice call is garbled and squelchy and clears up if USB-C is unplugged.

I suggest you contact Audeze support. They have the requisite expertise the help you out. While it is nice that Audeze is participating here, this thread is getting filled up with support tickets.

Sep 22, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #1,023 of 5,780
This is what I have in mine. I keep saying hiss, but your description is much closer. There is a very obvious white noise cutoff that occurs when the unit is powered off or on. It's in the upper frequency band and over time it becomes irritating.

Yes, the "hiss" (static) is very obvious. Its not super loud, but it is extremely obvious that its there. Jury is still out for me as to whether its going to bother me or not, it does just feel like background noise most of the time, and when I actually have something playing, its not audible. So as of right now, its not really bothering me, but it is quite noticeable.

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,024 of 5,780
So just hopping in real quick to say that I just played Destiny 2 with this headset. Since getting these on the the first of the month. Destiny 2 probably has the best sound design I have heard yet with these things. Makes it worth every penny.

Oh and no "hiss" on mine unless it's like a weird frequency I think. I mean, it can be dead silent and I don't hear anything but my tinnitus lol. There are a couple songs I listen to that there should be a semi-quiet part but I do hear a "hiss" but I think that is more in the production of some of the music. As I have only heard it on a couple of my favorite songs.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #1,025 of 5,780
So just hopping in real quick to say that I just played Destiny 2 with this headset. Since getting these on the the first of the month. Destiny 2 probably has the best sound design I have heard yet with these things. Makes it worth every penny.

Oh and no "hiss" on mine unless it's like a weird frequency I think. I mean, it can be dead silent and I don't hear anything but my tinnitus lol. There are a couple songs I listen to that there should be a semi-quiet part but I do hear a "hiss" but I think that is more in the production of some of the music. As I have only heard it on a couple of my favorite songs.

Thanks for that. I just ordered mine and all they will really be used for is playing Destiny. What platform do you play on? Looking for info on how well they work in party chat on PS4.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #1,026 of 5,780
If anyone is looking for a Team Blue Mobius, mine is up for sale. I have only used it a few hours. I guess I impulse bought it during the campaign and have since added to my audio gear.

The mobius is definity a great value, however I am in love with my Burson Conductor/ LCD-3 combo. I would rather use the waves nx windows app with my more expensive gear.

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,027 of 5,780
Thanks for that. I just ordered mine and all they will really be used for is playing Destiny. What platform do you play on? Looking for info on how well they work in party chat on PS4.
I am playing on PC. USB mode 3D 7.1 It sounds fantastic. You won't be disappointed. I got the game from my Humble Monthly subscription a couple months ago so I don't have all the DLC or anything but after this I will be getting it all. The guy that did the sound for this game deserves a medal!

EQ has been on music. Will give it a try on other profiles as well

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #1,028 of 5,780
two quick questions

would lightning to usb-c work with idevice? if using cck would be very bulky. how about using a lightning cable with usb-c to usb-a adapter?

if using aux in, assuming would be bypassing the DAC, just using the amp part. ie, the audio signal would be processed once only through say, mojo, instead of twice, mojo AND cypher?

thanks.

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #1,029 of 5,780
Finished downloading 80GB of Destiny 2 to see what the hype was about with that game's audio.
I was surprised not to see any audio options like stereo, home cinema etc but used the RPG setting and 3D setting on the Mobius and was blown away. Spacialization and directional sound is on point, you hear so many sound cues that you don't really notice. It's not like I was being more attentive to difference in sounds whilst swopping back to my HD700/STX2 combo but the sounds stuck out.
If a game has a good audio source then the Mobius shines.

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #1,030 of 5,780
if using aux in, assuming would be bypassing the DAC, just using the amp part. ie, the audio signal would be processed once only through say, mojo, instead of twice, mojo AND cypher?

You can't bypass the dac, aux does an analog to digital conversion first.

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,031 of 5,780
So my impressions of the 3d mode are pretty good. The head tracking works really well and is a nice effect. However, I am not getting much of an out of head experience with these. Not sure if I have the hrtf settings not set quite right for my head or if I need to up the room ambiance setting. However, going too high with room ambiance just adds too much reverb and can start to sound pretty metallic.

Beyond that, I have them set up with my PC and have been leaving them plugged into my PC, each day when I go to use them I think the battery is completely dead. The charging light isnt on, and when I turn them on, they just turn off a few seconds later automatically. If I unplug and replug the usb cable it seems to start charging, but its a little concerning. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to unplug them when I am done using them or, what?

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,032 of 5,780
However, I am not getting much of an out of head experience with these.

Eq the treble down a bit and the sub bass up a bit, 5db ish, this was increase clarity in emulated room reflections and the sub bass will sound more like a room

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,033 of 5,780
Beyond that, I have them set up with my PC and have been leaving them plugged into my PC, each day when I go to use them I think the battery is completely dead. The charging light isnt on, and when I turn them on, they just turn off a few seconds later automatically. If I unplug and replug the usb cable it seems to start charging, but its a little concerning. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to unplug them when I am done using them or, what?

Are you inadvertently turning the usb charging off?

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,034 of 5,780
Are you inadvertently turning the usb charging off?

I dont believe so. Though I do leave it plugged into my pc when i turn the pc off. But I have been turning the mobius off as well.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,035 of 5,780
I dont believe so. Though I do leave it plugged into my pc when i turn the pc off. But I have been turning the mobius off as well.

The battery charging is super wonky. The Windows app is really bugged out when it comes to the battery as well. It's best to get the battery % from Bluetooth when connected to the phone. The battery % always seems to jump around in the app for me. The headphones won't be charging, I'll load up the app and they will start charging, it's all very strange.

Thankfully Audeze said they will be addressing the app/battery bug with an upcoming update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back