Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 1, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #91 of 5,780
@Audeze one thing I have noticed is that the headphones will default to the default EQ, max volume, and 3D Auto 3D mode upon startup. It would be nice for the headphones to remember the last settings. The only other issue I have is that whenever I try to skip to the next song or go to the previous one I end up jacking up or reducing volume to do it; it doesn't even read half of the time :/. I'm assuming that you set up the headphones to allow upgradable firmware (as your online documentation about controls says that they can change).

Edit: figured out the next and previous track thing. You press the volume knob, release, then scroll up or down. I was pressing in and then scrolling (without releasing).

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #92 of 5,780
To clear up any confusion, here's my MiniDSP measurements of 2-Channel Hi-Res USB-C output vs the popular Target Curves

2013 Loudspeaker Flat Equalized Compensation Curve

Audeze Mobius vs Flat Speaker 2013.jpg

2018 Revised Harman Target for Headphones

Audeze Mobius vs Harman 2018.jpg

Target curve data courtesy of /r/Oratory1990 and normalized to my REW settings.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #93 of 5,780
Mobius quick reference volume/mic functions:
(Courtesy of Audeze from the shipment thread)

Audeze_Mobius_-_Quick_Reference_Guide.jpg

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #94 of 5,780
Yes. The Mobius already sends back the head-tracking to the PC or the host using USB. You can check this using the Audeze HQ application. A host application can use this information to decode ambisonics (any order) and send the processed audio back to Mobius. Technically the host applications can use this information for any purpose. For example a flight simulator application can use the head-tracking information to allow panning of the screen etc. As we have mentioned eslewhere, Mobius is a platform and it opens up a whole lot of possibilities.

I think this would have to be the most realistic and immersive audio experience possible at this point in time, besides being next to the orchestra in person, of course
We'll need to set up a guide eventually for all the niche uses we can come up for the Mobius!

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #97 of 5,780
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #98 of 5,780
To clear up any confusion, here's my MiniDSP measurements of 2-Channel Hi-Res USB-C output vs the popular Target Curves

2013 Loudspeaker Flat Equalized Compensation Curve

2018 Revised Harman Target for Headphones

Target curve data courtesy of /r/Oratory1990 and normalized to my REW settings.
How about in analog mode?

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #99 of 5,780
Hey guys I just got my headphones and I was wondering for PUBG if I should have HRTF enabled or disabled when using the mobius?

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #100 of 5,780
How about in analog mode?

Same warning about "grains of salt" and "limitations of MiniDSP" and all that.

I measured USB-C to my usb-hub to my laptop first shown and measured in red below. Then I gently attached a 3.5mm cable to the headphone which is connected to my Topping DX7 balanced DAC to my PC. Re-ran it and I got a weird hump in the lower mids. The upper mids and treble match identically to the digital connection.

Just to be sure, I re-ran this in multiple positions on both ears and each time I got the same hump. Restarted my app several times and still same thing. Then I wondered if it was an Output Impedance thing. The DX7 is 10 Ohms using single-ended output. I installed an iFi IEMatch to the line and re-ran the test, and it measures identically to the last one.Tried the stock cable and my own cable, same results. Not sure what's going on... see chart below:

Audeze Mobius- usb vs analog.jpg

Audibly -- using my own ears to listen to a track or two, there may be a slight difference in the low end between digital and analog. The digital does sound a tad more extended and has more rumble. The analog connection is punchier and leaner. Could just be placebo though. Will need to listen more back and forth between the two. (listened to some Daft Punk songs)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #101 of 5,780
Hey guys I just got my headphones and I was wondering for PUBG if I should have HRTF enabled or disabled when using the mobius?
PUBG HRTF on Mobius 3d off
PUBG hrtf off Mobius 3d on
xD

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #104 of 5,780
Get home, excited to finally get my mobius and plug it in only to find the volume is max at 100%
S5Momic.png

Caught me by surprise.

Nevermind your eardrums, did it sound good before the mobius blew yours out?

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #105 of 5,780
Still waiting on mine but I'm actually worried about them not getting loud enough. Low-level classical stuff really takes some juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back