Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 11, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #496 of 5,780
I went ahead and plugged the Audeze mic into my Sound Blaster G5's external mic port and recorded some noise. The sound level was about the same as my V-Moda Boom Mic Pro. So it may not be the mic attachment but the chip inside the Mobius. Can someone else give this a try?

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #497 of 5,780
There is just so much settings wise with these that I think a lot of people are frustrated because they aren’t getting the settings right. Me for example I didn’t know on my MacBook that I had to go into the MIDI panel and then customize the speaker output on the bottom to get even better surround sound because otherwise the laptop was outputting stereo. I got even more immersive surround sound doing that and when I tested it with spectre I couldn’t stop watching because of how good the experience was as a whole.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #498 of 5,780
There is just so much settings wise with these that I think a lot of people are frustrated because they aren’t getting the settings right. Me for example I didn’t know on my MacBook that I had to go into the MIDI panel and then customize the speaker output on the bottom to get even better surround sound because otherwise the laptop was outputting stereo. I got even more immersive surround sound doing that and when I tested it with spectre I couldn’t stop watching because of how good the experience was as a whole.

I mean... that's just a windows/osx/android/ios issue.... not a headphone issue. 7.1 surround on a PC has always been weird and complicated.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #499 of 5,780
I mean... that's just a windows/osx/android/ios issue.... not a headphone issue. 7.1 surround on a PC has always been weird and complicated.
It’s not an issue at all. These are settings adjustments you need to keep in mind to get the right output on these headphones. Otherwise you have issues which are settings based as opposed to something wrong with the headphones.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #500 of 5,780
It’s not an issue at all. These are settings adjustments you need to keep in mind to get the right output on these headphones. Otherwise you have issues which are settings based as opposed to something wrong with the headphones.

Which you would experience on any other 7.1 emulation, or regular 7.1 speakers.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #501 of 5,780
...the Mobius is in desperate need of an option to have 3D on but head tracking off. At my office, where I have to constantly be turning to view multiple monitors, the head tracking is an annoyance rather than an improvement. While I love the 3D effect and the ability to adjust the level of the effect via the Windows app, I find I'm constantly having to re-center, which is also an annoyance.
Is it possible you could mitigate this by dramatically increasing your virtual room size via the Mobius app, thus moving the "speakers" farther away from you? Not sure if that's how it works; I don't have my unit yet.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #502 of 5,780
Is it possible you could mitigate this by dramatically increasing your virtual room size via the Mobius app, thus moving the "speakers" farther away from you? Not sure if that's how it works; I don't have my unit yet.

Conceivably yes, but that will also have an effect on the sound. If you set the room size too large, the sound gets "boomy" or "echoey".

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #504 of 5,780
Sep 11, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #507 of 5,780
Again, lots of salt. But here's my USB vs Analog measurement on MiniDSP EARS. Analog was using Single Ended out from a Topping DX7 to the Mobius. Digital was USB-C to USB-A cable to a hub to the laptop. Something weird going on in the upper bass/low mids.

There is a noticeable sound difference. Punchier sound on analog vs more low end texture and fullness on digital. My thoughts only.

The red trace looks like it includes room simulation. Are you sure you turned 3D off for Analog In?

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #508 of 5,780
Is there a way to make it not auto-play music when I turn on the Mobius when I have a music player app open on my PC?

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #509 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back