Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 8, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #436 of 5,780
@Audeze Wanted to get some help on some stuff if you don't mind!

1. The mic volume seems extremely low. Right now under microphone properties, the level is set to 100. Under custom, "loudness" is unchecked, not sure what its for tbh. The only time the mic is at a decent level is if I max the mic out (which I prefer not to do as I don't really like sidetone) and if I talk very close to the mic. Problem with speaking so close though it picks up my breathing as well as the "pops." Currently the "Audeze" logo is facing outwards with the microphone logo facing inwards towards my mouth.
2. I have a tendency to put my computer to sleep when not in use rather than shutting it down. The mobius is connected 24/7 via usb on my monitor. I never manually shut down the mobius as I thought there is a automatic shut off. Everytime I wake my computer to use the headphones, the left side of the headphones is already warm to touch even though the computer was asleep. Do you advise that I actually manually turn off the comp or manually turn off the headphones?
3. Every time I fully shut down the Mobius and then turn them on, it seems to forget the settings and just defaults to "3D 8CH" even though the last mode I had used was Hi-Res.

1. Microphone seems to be correctly positioned. What application are you using for voice ? Is there any loudness correction in the app (eg - Skype or Discord).
2. Headphone warm - this means the headphone was charging. If you using it with your PC, it might be required to keep it plugged in all the time. The headphones should turn off if no connection is valid. With USB being connected to the monitor, Mobius probably thinks there is a valid connection. Turn off the Mobius and turn it on when you need it. It is probably easier than shutting down the PC.
3. We expected most people will use it in 3D mode and Hi-Res was added as a afterthought on the design. 2Ch was added just for PS4 compatibility. The default settings for USB was 7.1 + Manual 3D and BT was 2 Ch with Auto-3D.
As you can see, Mobius is a very different product and we are finding people use it many new ways we did not expect. For example there are people using it with Apple TV (AAC) and Nvidia Shield (LDAC). One of our users is a movie composer who is using it just to send his 5.1 mixes to the team. We are getting great feedback about the product. We will see if it would be possible to add some functionality either through firmware or software to make it easier for the users.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 8, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #437 of 5,780
There are some settings that are remembered and some that aren't.

Mobius Remembers the Head-Size, Room Size etc once you set it. The EQ setting and the 3D status settings are not remembered at the moment. The EQ can be quickly changed from the Audeze HQ app.
We will take all the feedback and figure out which of these can eventually be updated.

@Audeze , I would love to see 3D setting and EQ setting being remembered in a future firmware update. especially since I prefer different settings than the default. Thanks!

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #438 of 5,780
It'd also be nice to have the ability to remove EQ presets from the list you can cycle through, so if, for example, you only ever use the Default and Music presets, you can disable the others in the app, so you don't have to cycle through all the others every time you want to switch presets.

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #439 of 5,780
Have had these for a few weeks and am still trying to figure out the best settings/presets as I find myself going back and forth on I.e. 3D for music (which I find does open the soundstage and provides better instrument separation) and even which preset I prefer, though Default is really pretty great. I can still say these sound fantastic as Bluetooth headphones no matter which settings you’re using.

I think the two most-requested features, which I can also get behind are:

1) Remembering previously-used settings on each input.

2) 3D audio without head-tracking (such as for music listening).

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #440 of 5,780
So who's orders being shipped currently? I ordered my in April via Indiegogo

Sep 9, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #442 of 5,780
As a bit of a basshead, I’m surprised how much I can enjoy Mobius with the Flat preset and 3D off. They’re definitely versatile headphones that still have enough of a flat linear bass to be enjoyable on any preset. But hey, I enjoy audiophile clarity too :wink:.

Sep 9, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #443 of 5,780
They’re also well-built headphones but I expected no less of Audeze. Not as premium as EL-8 or LCD but certainly sturdy and durable as a gaming headset with solid build quality.

Sep 9, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #444 of 5,780
As a bit of a basshead, I’m surprised how much I can enjoy Mobius with the Flat preset and 3D off. They’re definitely versatile headphones that still have enough of a flat linear bass to be enjoyable on any preset. But hey, I enjoy audiophile clarity too :wink:.

What about the Flat profile specifically? I'm still trying to decide how Flat, Music, and Default compare with each other.

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #447 of 5,780
To me seems minor. Flat is analytical. Default adds some bass and music adds a little more. Overall, very very minor differences.

Default is neutral tuning. Music is warmer side of neutral and flat is brighter side of neutral. The change will not be dramatic.

Thank you--the difference does seem quite minor. Sometimes I think I notice something, but then I doubt myself. I can tell that Music is warmer than Default. Only just started trying out Flat, and it sounds not much different from the other two. I do wish there were a profile like one of those three but with higher impact.

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #448 of 5,780
If I set the room ambiance in the desktop application to 0, is that basically like having raw 5.1 or 7.1 audio, except with head tracking? With zero reverberations (which I admit adds a cool effect in certain situations), will it just sound like the 2.0 channel mode, except with 5.1/7.1 channels? Does it do any other processing besides head tracking when you set it to 0? Has anyone else tried this? What are your opinions? I would mostly use that for 5.1 audio in netflix shows, without it sounding like I'm in a concert hall (which is surprisingly cool, if I turn it up it reminds me of watching movies in a drive in theater)

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #449 of 5,780
This just popped up in my youtube suggested vid:

I don't understand Chinese, but enough to know the dialect is Cantonese.. think the reviewer is from HK. Anyone care to sumnarise this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back