Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 25, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #4,247 of 5,780
mobius.jpg These are my best sounding portables ever and nothing else even comes close for me due to the 3D emulation, it really is phenomenal. However, this is the second pair I've broken (headband on both pair, same place) and I'm starting to think they're not ideal for portable use because of durability issues.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #4,249 of 5,780
These are my best sounding portables ever and nothing else even comes close for me due to the 3D emulation, it really is phenomenal. However, this is the second pair I've broken (headband on both pair, same place) and I'm starting to think they're not ideal for portable use because of durability issues.

Are you using a case? Or just throwing them in your backpack?

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #4,250 of 5,780
Are you using a case? Or just throwing them in your backpack?

I wear them around my neck when traveling if I'm not listening. I fly almost every weekend though. Last week I had 12 hours of travel doing a connecting flight Manchester/Toronto/Chicago and I guess that was the last straw for this pair. I use them exclusively while traveling. While at home i use LCD 4's and Oppo PM-1's mostly.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #4,252 of 5,780
The new Default and Music presets are much improved. Warm has become ridiculously rolled-off. I used to use Warm exclusively before, but now I use Music.

@Audeze @KMann Please add the ability to disable presets that we don't use. It's a pain to scroll through a long list using the wheel when I don't have access to the app.
It would already help if the music- and gaming-related presets would be in adjacent order instead of beeing somewhat mixed.

For this it would be sufficient to move "Music" between "Flat" and "Warm".

Even better would be:
Flat (possibly changed to be a bit brighter than now), Default, Music, Warm - then the gaming presents.
This way the selection would get brighter in one direction and darker in the other.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #4,254 of 5,780
These are my best sounding portables ever and nothing else even comes close for me due to the 3D emulation, it really is phenomenal. However, this is the second pair I've broken (headband on both pair, same place) and I'm starting to think they're not ideal for portable use because of durability issues.

Mine broke in pretty much the same spot. I had them plugged in and they got pulled off the desk and fell. Just got a new pair recently going to have to think about how to reinforce them right there some how.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #4,255 of 5,780
Mine broke in pretty much the same spot. I had them plugged in and they got pulled off the desk and fell. Just got a new pair recently going to have to think about how to reinforce them right there some how.

Just checked mine out and the plastic is super thin there with a 90 degree angle. Definitely the weak point of the headphones.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,257 of 5,780
Just noticed a checkbox for "Link Mode" in the sound profiles. What does that do?

I believe it's a developmental feature that doesn't do anything right now. It can be ignored.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #4,258 of 5,780
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, v1903. Got new HQ App and firmware. Running App as admin.

"Updating MCU"

"Waiting for Device."

LED goes through color-changing handshaking sequences (blue, magenta, red, not necessarily in that order)

"Unable to Connect, DFU driver may not have been installed"

I've power cycled the headphones and restarted the app several times, always the same result.

No USB hub; headphones plugged directly into my workstation.

Version I am upgrading from per the app:

USB FW version: 102
MCU FW version: 1.55
DSP FW version: 23

Now what?

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #4,259 of 5,780
Hi Guys. Just a quick query about Audeze website, Ican't get logged into my account for some reason. It doesn't recognise the account name if I try to reset password or else it cycles through the password screen and not robot screen. Has anything changed on their website or anyone else experiencing a similar problem

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,260 of 5,780
Hi guys, sorry if my English won't be perfect but I'm Italian and I'm using google translator. First of all I wanted to tell you that I had the chance to use the logitech g933 and the Artic SteelSeries Pro GameDac for a few months but neither of them gave me such a detailed sound and sense of breadth when I listen to Hi-Res music. For the first time the 7.1 and the 3D system is emulated very well unlike the other headphones that all the sounds come to the ear a little mixed and the effect was not very nice. I wanted to point out that I installed the latest V5 firmware and everything seems to work perfectly. I have a question for you, I have mobius for 2 weeks but I'll have to replace them because a driver doesn't work well. In a few days the new ones will arrive, I wanted to know if with this type of headphones it is better to do a break-in or not. I read on google that in general it would be better to do it by making them play for 2 or 3 hours at half the power with a pause of 1 hour and repeat the operation until you reach 50/100 hours of use to get the maximum detail in the sound and those who say there is no need ... I'm a little confused. One last question: exactly what is the difference between a planar and a dynamic driver? I read a little about google but you don't find much ... What are the advantages and disadvantages? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back