Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 18, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #4,231 of 5,780
We would like to do a limited release for this community (V5 of firmware and updated HQ app):

Please note - If your HQ App shows USB:v102, MCU:v1.71, DSP:v25, there is nothing new for you here , you already have the latest.

I strongly advice those who are not in the US to wait a few more days to make sure no major issue are reported.

Please note that the links shared here are not permanent. This is a limited release till it goes live on our web page.

-For instructions on the firmware update process, please read this support document.

-Download the beta firmware and the newest version of Audeze HQ here

-Uninstall your existing Audeze HQ app. The new version installs new drivers and you may need administrative privileges during installation.

-Please make sure you've installed the latest version of the Audeze HQ software (included in the packet above) before proceeding. When installing, you may get a warning message that this software is not from a recognized developer, since this is the beta version of the software. If this happens, please click "More info" at the top, and then "Install anyway" near the bottom to continue with the installation.

Please note that you should NOT install the firmware using a "Virtual Machine," such as Windows running in a Linux environment, etc. It must be done on a true Windows machine, otherwise the installation may cause problems with your Mobius that would require them to be shipped to us for reprogramming.

Do not use any external USB hubs, and if possible, connect to the USB port on your computer that's closest to your mother-board.

For even more info on the ins and outs of Mobius, we invite you to peruse our Mobius Technical Questions help page.

So far the firmware update is working for everybody?

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #4,232 of 5,780
Successfully upgraded with no problems. Head tracking works. Haven't tested all features. But so far all painless and good.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #4,233 of 5,780
Edit: Worked fine on a laptop.

Can't run the full update. Installed the new app & tried numerous times.

Just get this

failed.png

USB seems to have updated, but it won't do anything else. Just hangs on waiting for device MCU then goes to that..

I get the same and found it is due to my Windows version requiring signed drivers. You may get past this issue by booting Windows into a mode that disregard unsigned drivers. I bet when Audeze release this to the public they will provide signed drivers so I might wait a few days.

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #4,234 of 5,780
Update from v3 to v5 beta went without a hitch, did like the instructions said, uninstalled old version, installed new AudezeHQ in admin mod+drivers during install and then just followed the on screen instructions! Sound is bettter, 3D On without headtracking is a godsend!
EDIT: I'm running a 1903 18362.295 Windows 10 Pro, Developer mode on, signed apps and drivers.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #4,235 of 5,780
I get the same and found it is due to my Windows version requiring signed drivers. You may get past this issue by booting Windows into a mode that disregard unsigned drivers. I bet when Audeze release this to the public they will provide signed drivers so I might wait a few days.
Edit: Worked fine on a laptop.

Can't run the full update. Installed the new app & tried numerous times.

Just get this

failed.png

USB seems to have updated, but it won't do anything else. Just hangs on waiting for device MCU then goes to that..

The delay in release was because we were waiting for signed drivers. This limited release incorporates the signed drivers, so that is not an issue. If you still have problems updating, please contact support. On some PC's we have had trouble with the driver getting installed, and the solution that works is to find a different PC if possible to install.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #4,236 of 5,780
The delay in release was because we were waiting for signed drivers. This limited release incorporates the signed drivers, so that is not an issue. If you still have problems updating, please contact support. On some PC's we have had trouble with the driver getting installed, and the solution that works is to find a different PC if possible to install.

I had no issues upgrading on my personal laptop so no worries here. It was just my company managed computer that did not allow the drivers to load. I looked in Device Manager and it stated that the drivers were unsigned. Also when the MCU driver stopped the show the headphones had no issues restarting with the old firmware so I don't think there is much of a risk as the headphones didn't even get wiped.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #4,237 of 5,780
I had no issues upgrading on my personal laptop so no worries here. It was just my company managed computer that did not allow the drivers to load. I looked in Device Manager and it stated that the drivers were unsigned. Also when the MCU driver stopped the show the headphones had no issues restarting with the old firmware so I don't think there is much of a risk as the headphones didn't even get wiped.
Thanks for the information. Did you have admin privileges on the company managed PC?

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #4,238 of 5,780
Yes, I have admin privileges and installed the new software using "run as admin". I'm sure I had gotten the driver working if I could start windows in "no driver signature required" safe mode, but this is unavailable for me due to Bitlocker on the drive prevents me from doing any changes to the boot configuration.

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #4,239 of 5,780
Yes, I have admin privileges and installed the new software using "run as admin". I'm sure I had gotten the driver working if I could start windows in "no driver signature required" safe mode, but this is unavailable for me due to Bitlocker on the drive prevents me from doing any changes to the boot configuration.
There may be other GPOs on your company's computer preventing the installation, but I can confirm the driver is signed, I'm running Windows 10 Pro with signed drivers enforced and I was able to do the firmware upgrade by following the instructions.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #4,240 of 5,780
I'm sure there might be many possible reasons; user error during install, company policies, etc. For me the key takeaway is that the current firmware was not wiped from the headphone even though the driver load failed which is perfect.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #4,241 of 5,780
Just did the Beta Firmware upgrade, went flawlessly on my PC, following all directions. Warm preset seems to have better clarity than the beta 1.55 firmware I was using before. No issues so far, but I've only really cycled through the modes and listened to some music on Hi Res. Battery status in the App seems to be weird, I went from 71 percent in Hi-Res to 75 percent in 7.1 and Stereo modes, then when I cycled back to Hi-Res it went back to 71%. Also the App is telling me that charging may be disabled when its in fact not, and the battery percentage increments upwards. The last one seems like the same bug that's been happening for a while.

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,242 of 5,780
We would like to do a limited release for this community (V5 of firmware and updated HQ app):

Please note - If your HQ App shows USB:v102, MCU:v1.71, DSP:v25, there is nothing new for you here , you already have the latest.

Worked fine for me, win 10 1903 with malwarebytes running.

Attachments

• update.png
    update.png
    25 KB · Views: 0
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #4,244 of 5,780
The driver is still unsigned for me on Windows 10 x64 1909. I had to disable driver signature enforcement to complete the update.

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #4,245 of 5,780
The new Default and Music presets are much improved. Warm has become ridiculously rolled-off. I used to use Warm exclusively before, but now I use Music.

@Audeze @KMann Please add the ability to disable presets that we don't use. It's a pain to scroll through a long list using the wheel when I don't have access to the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back