Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 31, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,011 of 5,780
Received mine on monday and have been LOVING them. I've been out of the Head-Fi game for a while since the original JH-13s satisfied all my itches and made stop hunting for new things but the Mobius is something else. The BT sound quality is fantastic and its musicality, but I did mainly get it for gaming.

In that respect, has anyone figured out if the HRTF function inside PUBG (PC) should be ON or OFF for this headset? I can't decide but I feel like two different HRTF solutions might not be ideal. They may synergize but I'd love to know for sure

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2,012 of 5,780
Anyone know what bluetooth version the apple tv 4k have? It did a great job with the mobius.Also the xm3s sounded better on the apple tv than the lg oled 2016 model.The mobius didnt work with my tv for some reason.Glad i had the apple tv :p My very first impression,is that the sony wh1000 xm 3 is more fun with edm music.But the mobius is overall better sounding.Musical.Better details,soundstage and imaging.It was much better overall.And it really shine on movies.But with 3d off.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #2,013 of 5,780
In that respect, has anyone figured out if the HRTF function inside PUBG (PC) should be ON or OFF for this headset? I can't decide but I feel like two different HRTF solutions might not be ideal. They may synergize but I'd love to know for sure

Dont use both at the same time. Due to the nature of hrtf one may work better, but you won't get head tracking with the in game hrtf. If you're using bluetooth though use the in game hrtf.

Oct 31, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #2,014 of 5,780
Got the mobius yesterday.They where comfortable (not as good as sony wh1000 xm3 though).The hiss was more noticable than i had hoped for.But i forgot it when i played music/netflix.I have only tested them with bluetooth.The tv wouldnt work with the bluetooth.They connected on and off all the time.But i have an apple tv 4k,and that worked fine.The 3d option was in my first impressions just really bad.Was worse than expected.Might change opinion over time.The sound with 3d off was really good.Maybe not large soundstage.But details and imaging was exellent.Movies on netflix was really immersive and enganging
Regarding Mobius 3D:
If you have a PC, set your head dimensions in the Audeze HQ App, then 3D does not cause much sound colorations.
Reduce ambience. The default 35 adds quite some reverb and makes the sound distant. I use 22 which is at the edge of beeing not obviously audible.
You can even go lower if you want the sound to be closer.

3D needs some personal training to get used to, then it starts to be great.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #2,016 of 5,780
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #2,019 of 5,780
Well aren't you a funny one lol. I was more or less talking for the mobius currently think surround and large speakers provides the best experience.

Yup treat the Mobius like a 7.1 surround system.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2,020 of 5,780
I ended up keeping my Mobius so that my 2 year old son could watch movies on flights(he is into the multi-channel 3D mix, not kidding he will take almost everything else I have off in 3 minutes max but he sat with these for an hour and 45 minutes watching a movie, and to be honest I can understand why) and I have played around with them since.

First I want to state my opinion of how they compare to the LCD-2(with fazor) and XC. In my opinion for music there really is not much to compare, they do not hold a candle to either but that was not the purpose of the Mobius. Please don’t take that as a negative for listening to music for those stepping into the world of boutique headphones, for those people I say you came to the right company to invest your money into but understand that the other options available from Audeze are priced the way they are for a reason.

Now that I have gotten that opinion out I have to say for movies the Mobius shine, to be honest if I was Audeze I would have marketed these headphones for old school 7 channel movies since Atmos is still being added little by little. I am not a fan of the Bluetooth connection while gaming on my Xbox or my PS4 because I feel the lag is too much, my switch, well it’s a switch so nothing high end about it and a direct 3.5mm connection is required so I appreciate the power of the Mobius but not really worth mentioning. As far as PC gaming, I am a Mac user so let’s be honest I can’t comment because there are not really any games worth playing on a Mac unless you are just die hard and refuse to accept the truth. Movies though, I have to say while in direct connect from USB I have to hand it to Audeze because it is a great set of headphones to use while watching movies, Netflix, or whatever visual media streaming device you use. The head tracking is really not needed for movies but it is kind of cool. The 3D and multi channel is great, I can’t stress that enough, those 2 things alone make the Mobius and incredibly useful tool for an immersive media experience.

Again just tossing my 2 cents.

Edit: No hiss on my end.

Edit 2: about the Xbox one via Bluetooth, it’s not direct but via receiver so I suppose the lag is not a fair comparison but it’s the only one to make due to the nature of the Xbox.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2,021 of 5,780
@Audeze

Hey audeze are you guys planning to send an email when the Mobius update is official ? I feel like the only reason I continue to check out this thread is waiting for that magical "it's here!" post to come.

The time I spend in the forum is time I could spend playing blackout with my mobius <3

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2,022 of 5,780
@Audeze

Hey audeze are you guys planning to send an email when the Mobius update is official ? I feel like the only reason I continue to check out this thread is waiting for that magical "it's here!" post to come.

The time I spend in the forum is time I could spend playing blackout with my mobius <3
Yes. We will send firmware update notifications through email as well.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #2,023 of 5,780
Regarding Mobius 3D:
If you have a PC, set your head dimensions in the Audeze HQ App, then 3D does not cause much sound colorations.
Reduce ambience. The default 35 adds quite some reverb and makes the sound distant. I use 22 which is at the edge of beeing not obviously audible.

I've tried to install the app 3-4 times now.But it wont install on my computer :/ But i have an old laptop from 2011 ( asus nv56).If i use the app,and meausurment my head,would the settings be saved on my headphones,so it works when using bluetooth? I also noticed that the 3d function didnt work on ldac? :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #2,024 of 5,780
Regarding Mobius 3D:

20181029_062514.jpg

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #2,025 of 5,780
I've tried to install the app 3-4 times now.But it wont install on my computer :/ But i have an old laptop from 2011 ( asus nv56).If i use the app,and meausurment my head,would the settings be saved on my headphones,so it works when using bluetooth? I also noticed that the 3d function didnt work on ldac? :)

Have you tried to install it as Admin plus very important to start it the first time as Admin?
The last step mad it work on my Laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back