Audeze MM-100
Aug 8, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #616 of 1,445
Curious -- where do you get to this status page? I've logged into the Audeze web site and can see my orders and it shows no expected shipping date, just a claim that I still owe them money (remainder after deposit which I paid back in April), which I emailed support about, and they assured me that I would be charged automatically when it ships.

But there are no expected shipping dates for me. When did you preorder? 😅

I also ordered April 13. The last email update from Audeze stating that shipments would begin this week had a preorder status link for my order. That status was showing that my order was due to be shipped this week until I checked it today and it just says September with no dates. It’s weird that you have a payment button because the email stated that once we get a shipping notice, our cards will automatically be charged for the balance.

Edit: just signed into my account and I see the same page you pulled up. If the shipments are delayed *another* month, it would be considerate to have another update from Audeze.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #618 of 1,445
Some nerve 🤣

au.jpg

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #619 of 1,445
Some nerve 🤣

Lol… yeah, I actually paid it a week ago but the pending charges dropped off my card yesterday — presumably since they haven’t shipped. 😅 I contacted Audeze about it, worried it might delay fulfillment but they assured me It would not.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #620 of 1,445
I contacted Audeze about it, worried it might delay fulfillment but they assured me It would not.

Dear valued customer,

We would like to assure you that in spite of late payment, you will enjoy the same delay in delivery as the remaining customers.

We wish you happy waiting. Enjoy the moment.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #621 of 1,445
Dear valued customer,

We would like to assure you that in spite of late payment, you will enjoy the same delay in delivery as the remaining customers.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Screenshot_20230809-092638-431.png

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #622 of 1,445
My ship also updated today (yes, I check it daily) from "week of 8/7" to "September".:slight_frown:

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #623 of 1,445
Dear valued customer,

🤣 🤣 🤣
😆

Fly-by-night outfit 😂

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #624 of 1,445
I’m really disappointed that I have no choice but to cancel my preorder with this new timeline. I’ve been extremely patient to this point and rolled with every delay, but this has now become a farce. This was going to be my first headphone I ever bought direct brand new with a warranty, and I guess it’s just not in the cards. I have a need for something for the end of the month and I’m not buying another headphone to turn around and sell it whenever Audeze decides to actually get around to production.

Between the delay and insane number of driver failures I’ve seen of the Maxwell, the bad communication with this botched launch, and some questionable customer service I’ve lost a lot of respect for Audeze. The original delivery was May, I don’t understand how a company could set such an optimistic release timeline when they seemingly didn’t secure any of the components they needed for production. Being a boutique only excuses so much.

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #625 of 1,445
I’m really disappointed that I have no choice but to cancel my preorder with this new timeline. I’ve been extremely patient to this point and rolled with every delay, but this has now become a farce. This was going to be my first headphone I ever bought direct brand new with a warranty, and I guess it’s just not in the cards. I have a need for something for the end of the month and I’m not buying another headphone to turn around and sell it whenever Audeze decides to actually get around to production.

Between the delay and insane number of driver failures I’ve seen of the Maxwell, the bad communication with this botched launch, and some questionable customer service I’ve lost a lot of respect for Audeze. The original delivery was May, I don’t understand how a company could set such an optimistic release timeline when they seemingly didn’t secure any of the components they needed for production. Being a boutique only excuses so much.
This is what happens when you lower your standards, set your eye on mass production and outsource your work to China. You dilute your product and reputation. This is why I respect companies like Grado.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #626 of 1,445
This is what happens when you lower your standards, set your eye on mass production and outsource your work to China. You dilute your product and reputation. This is why I respect companies like Grado.
Aren’t most of Grados components manufactured in china too? It’s only “matched/assembled” in Brooklyn.

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #627 of 1,445
Aren’t most of Grados components manufactured in china too? It’s only “matched/assembled” in Brooklyn.
No they make their own.

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #628 of 1,445
I don’t understand how a company could set such an optimistic release timeline when they seemingly didn’t secure any of the components they needed for production.
That would explain why pre-order was only a partial payment.

No they make their own.
Not quite.:
Grado GW100
Nakamichi SP-7
And then shady sites like diyearphonelabs claim to sell genuine Grado drivers which makes made-in-USA claim more murky. Its not like Grado family are angels either: just see schiit like GS3000 etc.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #629 of 1,445
Not quite.:
Grado GW100
Nakamichi SP-7
And then shady sites like diyearphonelabs claim to sell genuine Grado drivers which makes made-in-USA claim more murky. Its not like Grado family are angels either: just see schiit like GS3000 etc.
I guess Grado is lying then.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #630 of 1,445
The original delivery was May, I don’t understand how a company could set such an optimistic release timeline when they seemingly didn’t secure any of the components they needed for production. Being a boutique only excuses so much.

Quoting my own earlier post ... you want to talk supply chain issues and parts shortages? How about assembling headphones in a country that's literally been at war for the last 1.5 years, and Sasha still gets his crap figured out in 6-8 weeks:

I custom ordered a set of hand made headphones from SASH in Ukraine on June 11. They shipped today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back