Audeze MM-100
Aug 19, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #677 of 1,466
Some say MM-100 pre-order is schiit.

Thank you for putting your signature behind a spoiler.
Appreciate the suggestion, it was a good idea as I didn't realize that it would mess with mobile so much.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #679 of 1,466
There have been quite a few people describing the sound of the headphone out in the wild at shows but no graphs. I believe there is even some accounts logged to this thread however I feel sorry for future people wanting to catch up on a constructive discussion about this headphone using this thread. This thread has turned into a dumpster fire and pita to sift through with 45 pages (so far) of crying about when the headphone is coming out and delays.
Just go to recent posts after the headphone comes out. Not rocket science.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #680 of 1,466
This thread has turned into a dumpster fire and pita to sift through with 45 pages (so far) of crying about when the headphone is coming out and delays.

If only there were something Audeze could have done to avoid this unfortunate situation ...

Aug 19, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #682 of 1,466
Not to mention, what the hell else is there to talk about when there are no reviews and they have been endlessly delayed? The only thing left is speculation and bitching 😆
We could talk about the inevitable pad and wire mods/upgrades in advance 😝

Aug 19, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #684 of 1,466
I'll ask a genuine question. Does anyone think there will be any discernible different plugging a cable into both sides rather than the left or right you can choose?
If the headphones allow balanced amplification, and you’re using a balanced amp, then plugging into both sides would yield more power output (usually close to 2x).

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #686 of 1,466
I'll ask a genuine question. Does anyone think there will be any discernible different plugging a cable into both sides rather than the left or right you can choose?

Were did you read that this headphone supports double-sided cables? Because I see nothing about this on the official MM-100 wepage.

https://www.audeze.com/products/mm-100

All I see is the following comment about the right and left connectors...

Work easily around your instrument, computer, or console thanks to MM-100’s single-sided cable, which can be conveniently connected to either side of the headphone.

If the MM-100 has a double-sided option (and cable), that would always be my preference, because I feel like there are always some compromises with the single-sided approach.

Whether there would be any noticeable differences in volume, FR, phase, impedance or other sound characteristics on a new design like this is hard to say though. I have noticed slight imbalances in the timbre and/or volume of the two channels on almost every single-sided headphone I've owned though. And generally recommend avoiding them, when possible. Most were in the sub-$300 price range though.

I see no indication on Audeze's site that this headphone supports two-sided cables though... unless you're talking about doing some modifications to their current (two-directional, single-sided) design.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #689 of 1,466
I'm almost positive I read somewhere that @Audeze said you can use dual cables but they weren't really sure why you'd want to. They can definitely correct me if I'm wrong on that.

If you can find something official on this, it would be nice to see. Double-sided would certainly be my preference, if the design permits it.

Some studio users prefer single-sided though, which is clearly one of the niches this product is designed/intended for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back