Audeze LCD2 with ALO LUX-FEP 18awg Cable
Sep 7, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #61 of 80
very_evil_smiley.gif
if the setup upstairs sounds good, I'll be one very happy man! I've got got everything in the pics except I also have a much better DAP

imod
biggrin.gif
,I'll try it tonight!

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #62 of 80
Ken:  what is that little cable that seems to be connecting the headphones to the Rx Mk2.  Can I purchase that? 

EDIT:  OK, I see it on your website: 

Female 1/4 to Mini Headphone Adapter

I think I need this...

Thx,
CJ
:)

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #63 of 80

I was hoping it would come today! Did a little A/Bing with the stock cable before posting. Decided to use Deftones' Beauty School as I'm quite familiar with it as a test track. Like 3 seconds into the song I noticed that instrument separation had improved alot, which I was quite happy about. Then as the chorus started (which has a quite shrill guitar and Chino suspends the opening vocal note at the same time) I noticed that it wasn't being properly reproduced with the stock cable as I could clearly differentiate everything better now and what feels to me like proper sound decay.

Anyway, just some first minute impressions. Thanks again Ken!

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #64 of 80

Quote:

I was hoping it would come today! Did a little A/Bing with the stock cable before posting. Decided to use Deftones' Beauty School as I'm quite familiar with it as a test track. Like 3 seconds into the song I noticed that instrument separation had improved alot, which I was quite happy about. Then as the chorus started (which has a quite shrill guitar and Chino suspends the opening vocal note at the same time) I noticed that it wasn't being properly reproduced with the stock cable as I could clearly differentiate everything better now and what feels to me like proper sound decay.

Anyway, just some first minute impressions. Thanks again Ken!

Sweet nice rig with the Burson buffer! Thanks for the pics and post.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #65 of 80
I wanted to put a good word in for Ken and this wonderful cable!  I have owned a pair of LCD-2 since late June and it has always been hooked up to the original ALO LUX-FEP 18awg cable and has always sounded wonderful.  The synergy between my PWD, WA5 (with careful tube selection), and the LCD-2 is really phenomenal and something to behold!  I recently received the upgraded V2 cable from Ken and did a brief listening session tonight and could not take these headphone off my head for hours!  I feel like this cable further cleaned up and opened up the sound coming out of these headphones.  The highs seem better defined and crystal clear, while the bass has an amazing clarity, attack, and decay (which I haven't been able to find in any other headphone).  I think my money was very well spent on this cable and am amazed by how well built this cable is...and that there is 80 ft. of copper in my cable (10ft. long)!

On a side note, I also recently upgraded my power cables feeding my power plant premier, perfectwave dac, and WA5 to a set of Black Sand Violet ZI MkII cables and I wasn't expecting power cables to improve my set as much as they did.  Moral of the story is that cables REALLY do make a big difference when you have settled for an audio setup that you are content with but want to improve further.

Sep 12, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #66 of 80
I will only say that I have been burning in this cable the last few days..I can't just stress how much of an improvement it is over the stock cable. Its no friggin joke how good this sounds. I am going to be putting down my thoughts on this cable in detail over the next coupleof weeks or so.
If you can afford this cable get it NOW!! Just doing a quick cable swap with the stock I am totally shocked by the difference I am hearing. 

Sep 12, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #67 of 80
Sachu glad you are enjoying it. I am listening to my MS-2's full blast on my Woo listening to Yaz. You should listen to my modded MS-1's? Smoooooth, yeah they are a little modded.....

Sep 12, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #68 of 80
Man, you should listen to my TPs now..have retuned them. I can't wait to get them modded so i can use the ALO LCD-2 cable interchangably with it.
Pm incoming to you BTW

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #69 of 80
I have ordered one of these - looking forward to getting it.

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #70 of 80
Welcome to the club
dt880smile.png

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #71 of 80

Customers who have ordered the 8 wire LCD2 cable from ALO audio or might want to order on in the future: We are currently experiencing about a 7 to 10 day delay from the time you order the cable to the time it ships. They are extremely popular and are easy the most difficult and time consuming cable I have ever made. I can only make 2 or 3 of these per day so we are backed up on everything, very sorry for this and appreciate your patience! They are well worth the wait.

Thank you,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #72 of 80
All these glowing reviews have finally convinced me to take the plunge on one of these. Was never a big cable believer until I bought a Double Helix cable for my sen HD800s which removed all traces of treble hardness from these phones. Since then I have placed considerable importance on the wire used to connect up my gear.

Look forward to hearing what these do to my LCD2's.

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #73 of 80
You are so right.  I am sorry for those that cannot hear any difference between cables.  I recabled my HD800 with the SAA Voice and that also removed many of the treble harshness and sibilance that many people complaint about the HD800.  I also am using the Chain mail cable for my LCD2 and I just love the solid bass foundation that the chain mail cable gives.  Enjoy.

Feb 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #74 of 80
Well, I am finally getting on board this train.  My LCD-2s arrived this week, and it is SO obvious that the stock Canare Starquad "speaker cable" is not what they need.  I can't wait to hear what they can REALLY do with Ken's 8x18 LUX copper cable.

Ken, I hope to hear back from you soon!!!

regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back