Audeze LCD2 with ALO LUX-FEP 18awg Cable
Jul 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 80
http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_59&products_id=435

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #19 of 80

Quote:
Beautiful cable, Ken.  Nice work, as always.

Peace,

Lee

Lee,

Thanks, also nice work with that giant Cryo load you did for me. How are the new tanks working out?

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #20 of 80
Really well, I have one smaller one and one larger one now.  So, it makes it easier to accommodate different items.  Also, I can use one tank only for audio gear. so no audio stuff next to an engine block, ha!  Allows me to treat everything with the correct profile as well, for audio I use my CryoFreeze(tm) profile, for industrial items I can use a much more aggressive profile.

For anyone that is interested, here are the chambers that Ken's wire gets cryo'd in:

The large stainless bulk tank at the end is a 1500L container for LN2.

FWIW--I think Ken does a great job, and is not only very conscientious, but really cares about producing the best product he can.  It's my pleasure to work with him!

Peace,

Lee

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 80

LEE,

Very Cool... Ok sorry for that I could not resists. Seriously though, thanks for the pics.

I sent Lee about $30 worth of Mach 3 replaceable razors, a few of my favorite automatic knives along with one of my orders of bulk wire to be cryo treated. Normally the razors start to go dull after about a month and clearly start to nick my face   when I know they are bad. I was amazed when the cryoed ones lasted 3 months before I tossed it.

Ken

Quote:
Really well, I have one smaller one and one larger one now.  So, it makes it easier to accommodate different items.  Also, I can use one tank only for audio gear. so no audio stuff next to an engine block, ha!  Allows me to treat everything with the correct profile as well, for audio I use my CryoFreeze(tm) profile, for industrial items I can use a much more aggressive profile.

For anyone that is interested, here are the chambers that Ken's wire gets cryo'd in:

The large stainless bulk tank at the end is a 1500L container for LN2.

FWIW--I think Ken does a great job, and is not only very conscientious, but really cares about producing the best product he can.  It's my pleasure to work with him!

Peace,

Lee

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #22 of 80
I have 11 feet of Audio Note (UK) AN-Vx (litz construction) IC wire.  I wonder if that work, properly terminated, for the LCD-2s as a replacement cable?

Any thoughts, specific, or general about the use of IC cables as a headphone cable?

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #23 of 80

Quote:
I have 11 feet of Audio Note (UK) AN-Vx (litz construction) IC wire.  I wonder if that work, properly terminated, for the LCD-2s as a replacement cable?

Any thoughts, specific, or general about the use of IC cables as a headphone cable?

This thread is about the ALO cable for the LCD-2s.

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #24 of 80
What are the alternatives to the ALO cable?  Moon makes one, but I am not sure if there are any other mfrs.  Can someone please list alternative cable mfrs to ALO that have a cable for the LCD-2?

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #25 of 80

Quote:
What are the alternatives to the ALO cable?  Moon makes one, but I am not sure if there are any other mfrs.  Can someone please list alternative cable mfrs to ALO that have a cable for the LCD-2?

If you want to discuss other cables, please start another thread.
Thanx!

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 80

Quote:
What is he sound signature of the cable? Do they tame down LCD-2's brightness? When ever people use "open up" is getting me worried. Thanks

The LCD-2s do not need any taming down of their "brightness."  They are not in the least overly bright.  If they ever sound bright to you, it's the amp or the source, not the headphones.

To my ears the ALO cable does seem to "open up" the soundstage and general presentation more than the stock cable.  Figuratively, what was only 3D becomes 4D if I can get away with using that expression.  The layering of any recording becomes more apparent and the cans overall seem to become even more transparent.

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 80

Quote:
What is he sound signature of the cable? Do they tame down LCD-2's brightness? When ever people use "open up" is getting me worried. Thanks

I agree with Kwkarth, the LCD2 is the ANTI bright master of heapdhones. To me the cable is far cleaner sounding than the stock cable which is too dark for the LCD2 drivers, also there are improvements in the imaging and openess. Its really hard to describe all this and you would need to hear these things to appreciate it I think. I would love to sell LCD2s but can not seem to get any to sell at my store.

Thanks

Ken

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 80
Seamaster has a good ear for sound. Been to 3 meets with him. It may be partly the fault of the gear that is used. And if I remember correctly he brought his Meridian G08 and the Luxman P-1?

Jul 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #30 of 80
Yes, it was the luxman P-1u. I really regret badlly not to bring my WA22 to the meet.

" stock cable which is too dark "

I feel the stock cable is little muddy instead dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back