Audeze LCD2 with ALO LUX-FEP 18awg Cable
Sep 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #46 of 80

Quote:

There is a upgrrade path for past V1 customers, please email me about this.

Thank you

Ken

Yes, Please email me for this.

Thanks

ken

Audiolineout@gmail.com

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #47 of 80

Quote:
Just got the chain mail balanced cable today. What a stunning cable it is! will try it out this afternoon. Ken, may I ask if it is possible to make an xlr to RCA adaptor for this cable as now and then it might be needed, an could you pm me the price if possible.

Cheers, Jian

Hey Jian,

Please post photos!  :wink:

Yes no problem I can do this. Please email me.

Thanks
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #48 of 80

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #49 of 80
Just looks shockingly good and sounds like heaven. Adds just the right amount of air and space to the already great LCD2, refines everything in that already brilliant sound across the board, with remarkably enhanced treble/bass extension. The differences are not subtle. I hardly can go back to the stock cable that I actually grabbed the amp in the picture to drive the LCD2 balanced. Cheers, Ken!

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #50 of 80
^ Beautiful cable indeed. Forgive me, but what's the difference between that cable and the one on the ALO website for the LCD-2s (other than the fact that it's balanced XLR)?

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #51 of 80
This one I believe is the one called V2 cable by headfiers. It uses 8 wire chain mail cable. That is 4 cable for each driver. I think the material is the same as the V1 on ALO website apart from the V2 doubles the cable number. But I guess we will wait for Ken to answer.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #53 of 80
I think you should email Ken to see what can be done as the V2 cost a little bit more than the V1.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #55 of 80

Quote:

Jain,

Love the "clinical waste" bag background :wink:, it does actually make the wires show up better.

Thanks for posting photos of that. Attractive rig! I like the way the wood matches and is like the amp was made for the LCD2s.

Sorry I have not had time to update the webpage with the newer cable. If anyone is interested please just email me. I am kind of behind at the moment with a number of custom orders etc...

Again Jain thank you for sharing.

Ken

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #56 of 80
Pleasure.

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #57 of 80
Spot on. Exactly that. They open it up in a way that only makes it better. It is not the top end. I think to use the word soundstage probably better describes the area that it helps. The stock cable is good. The ALO cable is better :)
m

Sep 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #58 of 80

Here is the new cable, 8 wire V2 8 foot. I made some slight improvements in addition to adding the extra 4 conductors, now using Mundorf Supreme Gold/Silver solder and Furutech Gold 1/4 plugs. We feel the match with the LCD2 is really quite exceptional. I had Alex in my old shop and I blindfolded him and put the 4 wire then the 8 wire back and fourth and every time it was a easy pick as to which one performed best. Since our Portland meet I added the better plug and solder. This was a suggestion from Sea Master of which I did a lot of A/B using different plugs and different solder.. turned out to be a easy gimme, thank you Sea Master for the tip :wink: Anyhow I am real happy with the final revision of the cable, they take forever to make and the materials are not cheap but the end results with the LDC2 is pure headphone Nirvana. It is not cheap and obviously not for everyone, the 4 wire one has been reduced in price though. In the end my main goal has always been to make the best sounding, best looking audio cable possible. I know that these cables are going to be connected to some of the worlds best headphones and bought by some out of this world seriously demanding audiophiles who will dissect every subtle nuance of the sound. This cable will deliver the goods or your money back. I will have some of these at the upcoming Seattle Head-fi meet in October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back