Audeze LCD2 Bamboo impressions
Nov 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #16 of 73
First of all, I'm not the guy in the red shirt that brough all those headphone for you to listen and then realized that they're all useless :) If I were that guy I would've known to look better for a head-fi thread photo. :)

Even if I were that guy (again, not me) I would first invest in a better source (DAC/amp) and then I would just just dream about the Audeze. No way in hell that I'm going to buy them.

Nah, who am I kidding? My wallet already ran away. I want these and I want them now :)) They're fantastic! Now I just need the money :)

Way more than enough about me!

Dan, from the moment I met you I realized that you're a great guy and that I'll be sorry about my wallet. :) Really man, all those late night discussions about audiophile USB cables are gaining up on me :) I propose to change the greeting to "Welcome and sorry for MY wallet".

Great review, great enthusiasm, great guy!

And, to not forget the most important thing, the reason I'm writing this post off my cellphone (sorry for the eventual typos):Happy b-day man
!All the best for you and Ioana (his wife)! You deserve it!

Damn, I'm already 22 minutes into your birthday. Slow poster... :)

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 73
Thank you guys for your kind words! It is overwhelming.

Thank you Traian !

No, your headphones are not useless. I really enjoyed our little audiophile get-together.

I have enriched my experience with the listening of each and everyone of them, and so did you. The most important part is to find the sound fit to your ears! The search is important and also fun.

I hope you get to your audio nirvana, and I wish you luck and joy in finding it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #20 of 73
I have a pair of LCD-2's that I run balanced with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable and a Woo WA22. They're probably my second favorite pair of headphones. My favorites are my Beyerdynamic Tesla T1's which I use with Black Dragon cable. After trying every termination in the world, I finally settled on single ended with a Furutech FP-704 (G) and silver solder. That seems to take the bite off the top end.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #21 of 73
Great post Dan and congrats!

Had my Bamboo's for about 6 months now and they are without a doubt the best headphones I've ever heard. I think Audeze have nailed it with them now.

beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #22 of 73
So you got a personal response from Sankar, one of the founders of Audeze and from Audeze themselves as well. Considering how rarely they post on here, you really did make their day!

The only thing I have heard better than the LCD-2s are the LCD-3s :)

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #24 of 73
Quote:
How rarely? That was their first post!

Hopefully not their last though. 
tongue.gif

They have posted before, but I guess they created a new account for whatever reason. But you can count the number of posts on the fingers of one hand. I wish they would be more interactive on here though :)

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #26 of 73
Thanks again guys! 
L3000.gif

I am starting to consider a career change! :p
atsmile.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #27 of 73
Guys, i don't know how much time i have left until i must delete the videos with my wife.

I have been exposed . She found out. Damn social networking :))

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #28 of 73
Guys, did any of you try jplay?  I am using it with foobar2000. The difference is outstanding. It is like i had a hardware upgrade. The sound is much clearer, and more details get in!

I don't know if it is placebo, but what I learned is that you must trust your feelings. I wanted to listen to music even more if that was even possible :p .

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #30 of 73
Have any LCD-2 owners used speaker amps to drive their headphones?  I currently own a First Watt F5 for use with my K1000 and I'd like to know if it's worth using with the bamboo LCD-2 I plan to pick up in the near future.  

I don't think it would be advisable. From what i understand that would work with hifiman, but not sure about the lcds.

Hi, Dan.

're always nervous when trying something really good. The reason is simple: always fit instead of something better! :smile:

Thank you Lucian.

I really liked your review about the staxes on SoundNews

Guys one other thing. Did any of you try aftermarket cables with LCD2?

I was thinking about one of these toxic cables.

What do you think?

Are they worth it for LCD2?

I have a pair of LCD-2's that I run balanced with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable and a Woo WA22. They're probably my second favorite pair of headphones. My favorites are my Beyerdynamic Tesla T1's which I use with Black Dragon cable. After trying every termination in the world, I finally settled on single ended with a Furutech FP-704 (G) and silver solder. That seems to take the bite off the top end.

How would you describe the improvements brought by the moon audio silver cable? Is it worth it? I am afraid i would make them too bright with a silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back