Audeze LCD2 any good for house, trance, techno music?
Aug 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

TRANCEilvanian

New Head-Fier
I know this is probably a silly question coz a headphone like LCD2 is probably for someone who listens to instrumental music but im really interested in it! What im looking for is beautiful, rich, deep, punchy bass, (not beats kind) good detail, natural sound! i own sennheiser HD25 and Audio-Technica M50 they both sound really good and i love them! But my question is would LCD2 be miles better than the two i own?

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 46
Quote:
I know this is probably a silly question coz a headphone like LCD2 is probably for someone who listens to instrumental music but im really interested in it! What im looking for is beautiful, rich, deep, punchy bass, (not beats kind) good detail, natural sound! i own sennheiser HD25 and Audio-Technica M50 they both sound really good and i love them! But my question is would LCD2 be miles better than the two i own?

Audeze headphones have some of the best bass quality (objectively and subjectively) of all headphones. That should answer your question.

If you do intend on doing such a big leap in terms of upgrading, be sure to get something that'll drive the LCD2s well, they need tons more horsepower than what you have currently.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 46
Thanks!
wink_face.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 46
The LCD 2 will do ya good for electronic. Great bass. But you need some serious hardware to make 'em sing, and you're restricted to home use. 

Try looking at something closed? Easier to drive, and generally more bass. The Ultrasone Pro 900 are the 4-on-the-floor electronic bass kings. The Denon D2000 or D5000 would be great, or go big with the Ultrasone Signature Pro. All top headphones and great for electronic. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 46
Coming from Denon D2000s, the LCD-2s were a bit underwhelming with EDM at first IMHO. The mids and highs were absolutely lovely and the bass was deep, tight, and textured, but overall impact was missing from the Audeze's, leading me to initially prefer the Denons. But slowly I learned to appreciate the qualities of the LCD-2s and ended up enjoying Trance and Progressive with them, especially vocal tracks.

Again, keep in mind I came from Denon D2000s which are subjectively regarded as being the best headphones for EDM with their crazy amount of bass and fun SS, so you might want to consider those. Better yet, look at the Denon D7000s if all you listen to is trance.

I can't vouch for the Senn's or ATs, as I've never heard them.

Either way, you won't be disappointed if you go with the LCD-2s, but those Denons are also a good choice. And yes, you'll need a good amp to get the best out of the Audeze's.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 46
The Denon series have a somewhat loose-ish sound to them though. But I do understand people who like some impact in the bass, since in real life the bass affects the vibration of all our body cavities. 

LCD-2 apparently have an extremely well extended bass that destroys every other bass headphones. Never heard them though. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 46
Another vote for the LCD-2's 

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 46
It comes down to how much quantity does he want in his bass, and how much is he willing to spend on gear upstream from the headphone? 

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:
It comes down to how much quantity does he want in his bass, and how much is he willing to spend on gear upstream from the headphone? 

Yea, except the LCD-2 bass is the best quality of nearly any headphone out there and it sounds good out of "anything".

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 46
Quote:
... and it sounds good out of "anything".

There are a lot of people that would disagree with that! And if a man needs his bass slam, a man needs his bass slam, no matter how beautiful it may be. Lets let the OP decide what's most important for him. Laying out some options that might work in addition to a home-bound LCD2. There are also plenty of people that think the Signature Pro bass has better than the LCD2.2. All the headphones I mentioned are highly regarded for great bass in different ways. There's no way an LCD can do what the Pro 900 does if that's what you're after. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

There are a lot of people that would disagree with that! And if a man needs his bass slam, a man needs his bass slam, no matter how beautiful it may be. Lets let the OP decide what's most important for him. Laying out some options that might work in addition to a home-bound LCD2. There are also plenty of people that think the Signature Pro bass has better than the LCD2.2. All the headphones I mentioned are highly regarded for great bass in different ways. There's no way an LCD can do what the Pro 900 does if that's what you're after. 

I've heard the above listed and prefer the LCD-2, hence it being my recommendation. OP has got some good options though. 

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #13 of 46
Thank You all for Your help! Maybe i put it this way, the bass im looking for is something you would hear in a live gig with huge sound but with good clarity, able to uncover layers of low end similar to a hi-fi speaker and having a detailed and natural mids / highs would be fantastic! So maybe Ultrasone pro would be a better choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back