AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,441 of 4,137
Many thanks! Looks like a mighty fine combo there
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm quite happy with it. Actually since the GS-X Mk2 arrived over a year ago, I haven't thought about another amp. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,442 of 4,137
Still trying to figure out cabling! What do you think: Black Dragon with 1/4" connector or Double Helix DHC Complement2 Flagship OCC Copper Litz with Neutrik XLR?

This would be for use with the Centrance Hifi-M8, and eventually the Oppo HA-1.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #1,443 of 4,137
Still trying to figure out cabling! What do you think: Black Dragon with 1/4" connector or Double Helix DHC Complement2 Flagship OCC Copper Litz with Neutrik XLR?

I've got the Q Cable Silk on my pair and I highly recommend them FWIW.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #1,445 of 4,137

Did not know you were considering the DHC ! I have the cables and they pair the best with the Audez'e cans, IMO. Also read Mike Mercer's write-up on the cables+Audez'e HPs.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,446 of 4,137
  Did not know you were considering the DHC ! I have the cables and they pair the best with the Audez'e cans, IMO. Also read Mike Mercer's write-up on the cables+Audez'e HPs.

Thanks! I've read the write-up and they sound like a great product. Insanely expensive, though. I wonder how they compare to the Q Audio Silk which people rave about but are a lot less money...

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,447 of 4,137
  Thanks! I've read the write-up and they sound like a great product. Insanely expensive, though. I wonder how they compare to the Q Audio Silk which people rave about but are a lot less money...

I've got the q-silk too. First of all, its very hard to discern and=y significant difference between cables and I am not stepping into the cable debate. So that I am not accused of being a wimp, I do feel some cables make a slight difference. The Q-silk is a tad more laid back to me while the DHC is (relatively) more energetic and adds a little bit of heft to the bottom end. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,449 of 4,137
Just picked these up last night. I'm travelling at the moment, so I've only really had a chance to listen to them using my X5 as a source & amp, so I'll update when I get home and have a chance to listen on my desktop rig, but for now a couple of (pleasantly surprising) impressions: 

1. These sound great out the X5. I'm sure they'll sound better with a bigger amp (probably tighten up the low end a bit), but wow they sound really really good. 

2. They are very very comfortable (for me). When working (writing code) I often have a chance to listen to music for several hours straight, and I've had a few cans in the past that I can't handle for that long without taking frequent breaks (looking at you M-100s). The XCs are quite heavy, and I wouldn't bend over to tie my shoelaces while wearing them for fear of them falling off (or me toppling over), but (again, for my head at least) they are very comfortable to wear for long periods. I listened to them for about 3 hours straight last night and had no discomfort at all. 

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase, and would highly recommend them to anyone. 

X

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #1,450 of 4,137
  Just picked these up last night. I'm travelling at the moment, so I've only really had a chance to listen to them using my X5 as a source & amp, so I'll update when I get home and have a chance to listen on my desktop rig, but for now a couple of (pleasantly surprising) impressions: 

1. These sound great out the X5. I'm sure they'll sound better with a bigger amp (probably tighten up the low end a bit), but wow they sound really really good. 

2. They are very very comfortable (for me). When working (writing code) I often have a chance to listen to music for several hours straight, and I've had a few cans in the past that I can't handle for that long without taking frequent breaks (looking at you M-100s). The XCs are quite heavy, and I wouldn't bend over to tie my shoelaces while wearing them for fear of them falling off (or me toppling over), but (again, for my head at least) they are very comfortable to wear for long periods. I listened to them for about 3 hours straight last night and had no discomfort at all. 

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase, and would highly recommend them to anyone. 

X

Congratulations Xeroeth!
If you're looking to get the best out of these, do try the ALO RX3B+.  

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #1,451 of 4,137

X

I had similar thoughts when I received mine. Still on the XC honeymoon! :D

Congrats, and lol at the "(or me toppling over)" comment! :D

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,452 of 4,137
  The XCs are quite heavy, and I wouldn't bend over to tie my shoelaces while wearing them for fear of them falling off (or me toppling over), but (again, for my head at least) they are very comfortable to wear for long periods. I listened to them for about 3 hours straight last night and had no discomfort at all. 

Out of curiosity, I decided while stood up to touch my toes about 10 times while wearing my XC's, and they stayed on my head without a problem, my head wasn't completely upside down when I tried this, but it wasn't far off.
This is using the headband I did, I can no longer use the original headband unless I got some new yokes, however I won't be doing that because my XC's are very comfortable, unlike how I found them with their original headband.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,453 of 4,137

I have DHC Molecule SE Synergys which cost about $250, not so expensive if length is not needed; mine are 42" long. I love the build quality and the improvement in sound over the stock cables. Ted at teds headfood tells me his new silver litz is to die for, so I'll be checking those out at some point to do a comparison ...

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1,454 of 4,137
I should add that I use the XCs almost exclusively with my AK240, hence, my need for a short cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back