AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #1,411 of 4,127
  Rats, the left driver of my XC just went dead. Tried it with two amps, same result. My 3 works well with both. Any thoughts on possible quick fixes before the RMA request to Audez'e. Shipping back and forth from India is another irritant.

Best to send it back.
My LCD3s had the same problem and are now with Audeze.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,412 of 4,127
  Rats, the left driver of my XC just went dead. Tried it with two amps, same result. My 3 works well with both. Any thoughts on possible quick fixes before the RMA request to Audez'e. Shipping back and forth from India is another irritant.

That's sucks... better get an RMA, and maybe you can considering sending your 3 back for fazor also to share the shipping cost.... (and see if Audeze agree to ship them back together on their cost).  The good thing is that the RMA process/communication is quite smooth with the Audeze team and the turnaround is also quite fast (took only 10 days including shipping to/from Hong Kong for my LCD3).

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,414 of 4,127

That's sucks... better get an RMA, and maybe you can considering sending your 3 back for fazor also to share the shipping cost.... (and see if Audeze agree to ship them back together on their cost).  The good thing is that the RMA process/communication is quite smooth with the Audeze team and the turnaround is also quite fast (took only 10 days including shipping to/from Hong Kong for my LCD3).

Yes, I've sent an email to the company. Fazoring the 3 is probably a great idea. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,415 of 4,127
@Mshenay - Does the headphone lending library have them yet? I demoed the lcd2.r2 and lcd3 with a burson conductor from them.

Hmm I've not heard of the Headphone Lending Library, do you have a link to the site? I did how ever find a user who agree'd to let me demo a pair 

Non the less I'm  hoping the LCD XC will be the middle ground for me that I want. I like my HE 4 much over my D2k, although I give the HE a +3 boost to the bass, from 30-100 hrz, and the ironic part is some times I drop the D2ks bass by about 1-2 dbs depending on the song, and other times it's good as it is.

So I'm really hoping the LCD XC will be the middle ground, the taughtness of Planar bass, with the added impact of being a closed back 

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,416 of 4,127
I have managed to give the XC more head time and now its begun to open up with thumping bass when the recording calls for it. I read somewhere that it will not layer more bass when the recording has less. It is not a bass control switch but it can deliver when the need arises. I havent heard the Denons before so cant do a direct comparison but pairing the XC with my chinese made DIY tube amp is the definition of synergy to these ears.

My cheap tube DV336se has awesome synergy with my XCs also even if it is OTL.
Yeah baby! Nice thumping base. I guess the XC despite being a little on the snobby side likes the seedy part of town also. Likes to frolic with amps of ill repute. Lol
Or my ears are bad which could be a real probability at over 60.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #1,417 of 4,127
My cheap tube DV336se has awesome synergy with my XCs also even if it is OTL.
Yeah baby! Nice thumping base. I guess the XC despite being a little on the snobby side likes the seedy part of town also. Likes to frolic with amps of ill repute. Lol
Or my ears are bad which could be a real probability at over 60.

LOL...am listening to the XC with my humble Little Dot Mk 3 OTL amp and yeah, the cans sound pretty decent though bass does not go as deep or hard hitting. Decent combo considering the theoretical mismatch. I suppose the sensitivity of the cans are helping it move along more smoothly.

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #1,418 of 4,127
I am assuming that if I want to remove the headband, all I have to do is remove the small set screw in the square blocks at the ends. Is that correct?

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #1,420 of 4,127
  Has anyone tried the LCD-XC with a Centrance HiFi-M8 DAC/Amp? That would be my set-up, so I'm curious as to how they pair up. Thanks!

I tried this set up briefly at Jaben. Source was iPod classic with mp3s (nothing hi res) straight into the HiFi M8. Sound was weak and thin, slightly more tolerable with the bass boost on max. Not sure if this was due to the cans not fully broken in but I was not impressed and neither were the Jaben guys. Suggest you try to get a listen personally.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,421 of 4,127
  I tried this set up briefly at Jaben. Source was iPod classic with mp3s (nothing hi res) straight into the HiFi M8. Sound was weak and thin, slightly more tolerable with the bass boost on max. Not sure if this was due to the cans not fully broken in but I was not impressed and neither were the Jaben guys. Suggest you try to get a listen personally.

Yikes! That's not good. I'm surprised, given that the M8 is an exceptional device and the LCD-XC is so easily driven. Anyone else?

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,423 of 4,127
Stand options and recs?

Just go t my XCs and my existing stand is way too short.

I like the Woo stand. It's height adjustable and heavy enough to have an Audeze balance well on it:

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #1,424 of 4,127
One thing to watch out for is the sharp edges on the headphone hanger. In the dark, I went to grab my LCD-3s and slightly scratched my cups lifting it up, not out. I have a black sock on my black Woo stand now to protect against that.

Other than that, I really like the stand too.The metal work is first rate and the design (except for those edges) is great.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,425 of 4,127
One thing to watch out for is the sharp edges on the headphone hanger. In the dark, I went to grab my LCD-3s and slightly scratched my cups lifting it up, not out. I have a black sock on my black Woo stand now to protect against that.

Other than that, I really like the stand too.The metal work is first rate and the design (except for those edges) is great.

Yep, I'd agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back