AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,396 of 4,150
And the new BT audio is cool, it opens a separate 802.11 band to transfer the audio losslessly.  (Don't know if it increases the range or not.)
Bluetooth v3.0 + HS[edit] Version 3.0 + HS of the Bluetooth Core Specification[39] was adopted by the Bluetooth SIG on 21 April 2009. Bluetooth 3.0+HS provides theoretical data transfer speeds of up to 24 Mbit/s, though not over the Bluetooth link itself. Instead, the Bluetooth link is used for negotiation and establishment, and the high data rate traffic is carried over a collocated 802.11 link.

The main new feature is AMP (Alternative MAC/PHY), the addition of 802.11 as a high speed transport. The High-Speed part of the specification is not mandatory, and hence only devices sporting the "+HS" will actually support the Bluetooth over 802.11 high-speed data transfer. A Bluetooth 3.0 device without the "+HS" suffix will not support High Speed, and needs to only support a feature introduced in Core Specification Version 3.0[42] or earlier Core Specification Addendum 1.[43]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth#Bluetooth_v3.0_.2B_HS

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,397 of 4,150
I think any amp can drive the XC and play it loud. But the music may be thin and lifeless. I just want to hear some impressions from those who have a have heard the XC from a very powerful amp, maybe a vintage receiver or something along those lines.

Tried my vintage Pioneer SA 3000 with the the XCs and was pleasantly surprised.
Very dynamic. Slightly on the warmer side, which suited the XCs very well.  
Directly compared to the Apex Pinnacle, the extension at both ends was missing & vocals were slightly drier but overall, and especially for the price, it's a very good amp.
I wouldn't buy it ONLY for the LCDs but If you have either the HE-6 or AKG1000, it's a no brainer. 
YMMV

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1,398 of 4,150
Directly compared to the Apex Pinnacle, the extension at both ends was missing & vocals were slightly drier but overall, and especially for the price, it's a very good amp.
I wouldn't buy it ONLY for the LCDs but If you have either the HE-6 or AKG1000, it's a no brainer. 
YMMV

Your opinion on the Pioneer versus the Mojo?

Thanks

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #1,399 of 4,150
YMMV

Thanks. I had considered vintage amps/receivers as an option but those that i can find here may not be in a condition to last and it is quite difficult finding someone to refurbish it entirely.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #1,400 of 4,150
  Your opinion on the Pioneer versus the Mojo?

Thanks

Mojo is more airy with better extension but sharper & slightly upward tilted. Don't quite like it with the XCs. Very good with the LCD3s though.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #1,401 of 4,150
  Mojo is more airy with better extension but sharper & slightly upward tilted. Don't quite like it with the XCs. Very good with the LCD3s though.

Interesting...looks like the next best choice in terms of affordability and sufficient power output is the Lyr 2..and i just sold off the Lyr! Not sure if the version 2 will sound noticeably different/better.

Jun 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,402 of 4,150
  And the new BT audio is cool, it opens a separate 802.11 band to transfer the audio losslessly.  (Don't know if it increases the range or not.)

How interesting!  Great design.  Very tempted except for the price.   Thanks for the info I think!  
Want one bad now! 
smile.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #1,404 of 4,150
Maybe not the best place to ask BUT, I've been super interested in the LCD XC for a while now, and I'm curious if any one would be gracious enough to allow me to demo them? I've got about three headphones which cost me about as much as an LCD XC would, non the less I'm curious to how they would compare to my three headphones, as each one holds a different pourpose for me,

as of recently, I've been struggleing between my HE 4 and D2k, in terms of bass both has it's strengths and I wonder... how the LCD XC compares to teh two, I've had some people tell me teh XC lacks the D2ks [Mines a modded, Dampened, Balanced wood back] sheer bass impact, which imo sometimes the D2k [after mods] still has a little to much bass, where as other times it's just right 

where as on the other hand the HE 4, some times has Perfect bass, other times though I eq a it a little... 

Non the less if any one is willing to part with em shoot me a pm! I've got plenty o Feed back here, 

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #1,405 of 4,150
Rats, the left driver of my XC just went dead. Tried it with two amps, same result. My 3 works well with both. Any thoughts on possible quick fixes before the RMA request to Audez'e. Shipping back and forth from India is another irritant.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,407 of 4,150
I have managed to give the XC more head time and now its begun to open up with thumping bass when the recording calls for it. I read somewhere that it will not layer more bass when the recording has less. It is not a bass control switch but it can deliver when the need arises. I havent heard the Denons before so cant do a direct comparison but pairing the XC with my chinese made DIY tube amp is the definition of synergy to these ears.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,408 of 4,150
I have managed to give the XC more head time and now its begun to open up with thumping bass when the recording calls for it. I read somewhere that it will not layer more bass when the recording has less. It is not a bass control switch but it can deliver when the need arises. I havent heard the Denons before so cant do a direct comparison but pairing the XC with my chinese made DIY tube amp is the definition of synergy to these ears.

About time eh Ross ?
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back