AUDEZE LCD XC
May 27, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,366 of 4,142
Detailed with good separation, however to me the bass isn't for bassheads.

I would have returned my XCs the first week I had them had I been able to. In also have TH-900 and I expected the heaven and the earth to part with the XC . Alas only the heavens did, the low earth nowhere to be seen. Lol
But after breaking in and times spent with the XC the bass is there in there just not overpowering. Now I love them.
The TH900 are my fave for heavy rock and metal no doubts .

May 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,367 of 4,142
While IMO the LCD-XC's are very good sounding headphones, since using the PH tubes with my BHSE, my 009's have gone to another level, and because of that I'm hardly using my LCD-XC's.
So I've decided I'm selling them which I'll be putting on the for sale forum soon.
My LCD-XC's are different because I put a different headband on, and I did that because I found the LCD-XC's with their original headband were very uncomfortable, but with the headband I did I find very comfortable, however they are still quite heavy.
With the headband I did there are two things that can't be done anymore, but I'll explain that when I do the post on the for sale forum.

May 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,368 of 4,142
I've put these 4 photos on the for sale forum but I thought i'd show them here as well.

As I've mentioned in the post I did in the for sale forum, the DHC Complement 2 cable and the stand which the LCD-XC's are on are included in my asking price.

May 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #1,369 of 4,142
Reading this thread it seems like the HeadAmp Pico works fairly well as a dac/amp for these?  That's probably right around the budget I'm looking to spend right now (I'll get something else down-the-line, don't worry...).

I was also looking at Yulong but it doesn't seem that those pair very well with the LCDs.

Of all my amps, the Pico is the amp that I feel pairs best with the XC's.

May 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,371 of 4,142
Jun 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #1,375 of 4,142
Has anyone tried the XC with the Fostex HP-A8? I imagine it'd pair fine, but if anyone has heard the combo, I'd appreciate any opinions.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,377 of 4,142
I think any amp can drive the XC and play it loud. But the music may be thin and lifeless. I just want to hear some impressions from those who have a have heard the XC from a very powerful amp, maybe a vintage receiver or something along those lines.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,380 of 4,142
I think any amp can drive the XC and play it loud. But the music may be thin and lifeless. I just want to hear some impressions from those who have a have heard the XC from a very powerful amp, maybe a vintage receiver or something along those lines.

I'll try it with a Pioneer SA3000 and see how it compares with my other amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back