AUDEZE LCD XC
May 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,336 of 4,127
May 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,337 of 4,127
May 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #1,338 of 4,127
Not knowing where you live, but if you are in CA, for example, there are two hifi shows where Audeze has a presence: the Newport Beach show coming up at the end of this month and the San Francisco show in August. Audeze offers show specials during these events, as well as others around the country I suppose.

Otherwise, bite the bullet ... the expense will be swept away by the XC's glorious sound.

Are these often 10% off or so?

May 21, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,339 of 4,127
Are these often 10% off or so?

From my experience, I have never seen these on sale except last year when they ran one for the LCD-2. But then, I don't live in the US and hence unable to go the meets as well 
mad.gif

May 23, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,342 of 4,127
Well I know what I'm doing this weekend...

(Sorry for the glare, these headphones are really shiny! :))

You got 'em! Enjoy :D

May 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #1,343 of 4,127
Reading this thread it seems like the HeadAmp Pico works fairly well as a dac/amp for these?  That's probably right around the budget I'm looking to spend right now (I'll get something else down-the-line, don't worry...).

I was also looking at Yulong but it doesn't seem that those pair very well with the LCDs.

May 25, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,347 of 4,127
  Reading this thread it seems like the HeadAmp Pico works fairly well as a dac/amp for these?  That's probably right around the budget I'm looking to spend right now (I'll get something else down-the-line, don't worry...).

I was also looking at Yulong but it doesn't seem that those pair very well with the LCDs.

I use the Pico dac/amp combo with with XCs at work and it works really well.. if you've never seen the Pico in person, you'd be amazed at how small it is... very portable and very capable.  

May 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,348 of 4,127
  I use the Pico dac/amp combo with with XCs at work and it works really well.. if you've never seen the Pico in person, you'd be amazed at how small it is... very portable and very capable.  

That looks pretty great.  I think I might have talked myself into getting the Oppo HA-1 though :frowning2:.

The only thing the Oppo wouldn't be great for is bedside listening.  Right now I use a really old Xin SuperMicro IV as my portable amp and I'm not sure how well I like the pairing with the XC.  Maybe down the road a Pico would be a good portable addition, hmm...

May 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,349 of 4,127
  That looks pretty great.  I think I might have talked myself into getting the Oppo HA-1 though :frowning2:.

The only thing the Oppo wouldn't be great for is bedside listening.  Right now I use a really old Xin SuperMicro IV as my portable amp and I'm not sure how well I like the pairing with the XC.  Maybe down the road a Pico would be a good portable addition, hmm...

The Oppo HA-1 is a very nice amp -- completely different in terms of portability of course -- there's never a single solution for anything and you'll always end-up getting multiple pieces of gear.  I listen to this setup at work approx.4-6 hours a day and have no complaints -- and I use the amp on the couch/bed at home when I'm too lazy to more closer to my Burson,  Don't get me wrong.. having a main amp at home is a good idea, but having a good portable amp(s) gives me more opportunity to listen to music though my headphones.       

May 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,350 of 4,127
The Oppo HA-1 is a very nice amp -- completely different in terms of portability of course -- there's never a single solution for anything and you'll always end-up getting multiple pieces of gear.  I listen to this setup at work approx.4-6 hours a day and have no complaints -- and I use the amp on the couch/bed at home when I'm too lazy to more closer to my Burson,  Don't get me wrong.. having a main amp at home is a good idea, but having a good portable amp(s) gives me more opportunity to listen to music though my headphones.       

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back