AUDEZE LCD XC
Apr 21, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #4,096 of 4,127
Hi everyone! This is my first post in this forum, so please let me know if this belongs somewhere else.

I have some experience with audio engineering, but I am new to the HiFi headphone gear side. I will be purchasing the LCD-XC in the next few weeks (maybe sooner), and I was thinking of getting the Rupert Neve Design RNHP DAC for it. I currently use a Universal Audio Apollo Twin audio interface for audio production, and I was curious if I even need the RNHP. What are your thoughts on that?
The Apollo should handle them just fine, they’re easy to drive. You’ll need to EQ them though, and they are very heavy for all day mixing. For home listening they’re great, but I use much shittier headphones for work (with flaws I’m used to).

Jun 28, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #4,098 of 4,127
Thanks @sparkofinsanity

I will hold off on purchasing the RNHP and spend some time EQ'ing and familiarizing myself with the headphones.
Are you planning on using these for tracking? That's what mine are for and it's would great to hear someone else talk about this manner of use. So far, mine are great for tracking or for just playing and singing into my TLM103 which pairs really well with the LCD-XC. I didn't turn into Bono, but I do sound better and I look forward to practicing my singing unlike I used to. What uses will your LCD-XCs serve? Are you equing yours?

Blessings,
-J

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #4,102 of 4,127
Aug 2, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #4,104 of 4,127
The amp is Sony ta-zh1es.
Not sure this will help, but here is an idea for you. I have a pair of LCD-XC 2021. Wanted something better than the stock cable for balanced use on a Jotunheim 2 amp. I ended up getting Cardas Clear Light. Sonically I can hear an improvement over the stock cable. About 9 months ago I paid $190 for a new 3m Cardas Clear Light cable from a Cardas dealer online. Retail is $475. I am very happy with the cable.

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #4,105 of 4,127
The amp is Sony ta-zh1es.
I don’t know if this is a neutral or a warmish amp. The Moon 430HA is quit neutral, so a silver cable could make this overly bright. That’s why I went for a copper cable

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #4,107 of 4,127
Not sure this will help, but here is an idea for you. I have a pair of LCD-XC 2021. Wanted something better than the stock cable for balanced use on a Jotunheim 2 amp. I ended up getting Cardas Clear Light. Sonically I can hear an improvement over the stock cable. About 9 months ago I paid $190 for a new 3m Cardas Clear Light cable from a Cardas dealer online. Retail is $475. I am very happy with the cable.

That's what I use with my '21 XC too. I'm kind of a cable agnostic, but that combo definitely sounds great and I don't use my XC with any other cable now.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #4,108 of 4,127
Hello,
Anyone tried the official Audeze premium cables on the LCD-XC Carbon headphones? Silver or Copper, which one is better for the XC?

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-4-premium-braided-cable?variant=39510805971022
I recently purchased a custom cable setup from Hart Audio Cables. A 6 foot Audeze setup with terminations for 1/4 or 3.5mm SE, or 4.4mm or 2.5mm balanced. Shipping was quick, pricing very reasonable for the quality. Awesome sound to these ears with any of my amp/dac combos. Just a happy customer, no affiliation.

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #4,109 of 4,127
Hey,
I am not 100% satisfied with my VC, i am pretty sure that i strongly prefer a bump in the upper air frequencies (my Sus, 1266, Hemp has them and i love them). I even enjoy a DT1990 (on tubes) more than the VC. Now i am on the hunt for a closed back that has that, i already bought a Denon AH-D9200 and a DT1770 which are both on the way. I saw that the LCD-XC also has a bump at 10k+.
Questions: Is the isolation at least decent (or better)? Can i be sure to get the "new" 2020 version (thats not sounding bad) when i order at various retailers? Is there any difference besides look between the normal and the Bubinga wood version?

May 6, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #4,110 of 4,127
I am testing the lcd xc older model and wonder which has a warmer fuller sound the new 2021 version or the older model

what is the consensus bout which members prefer here

would pad rolling be advised on the older model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back