AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 2, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #4,066 of 4,144
I made a new video review, this time about a heavyweight fighter, the Audeze LCD-XC!! It is one of the best headphones for mastering and mixing, but also for listening, but you know my videos, this is going to be a fun trip exploring my unfiltered thoughts and emotions on the planar tech that Audeze offers!!

Nice review. I have a pair of 2021 Audeze LCD-XC and really enjoy them when EQ is used and headphones are tuned. To me they sound horrible stock or without EQ. Also changed the stock cable to a Cardas Clear Light for balanced use, very good match, much better then the stock cable to my ears. For me, they sounds fantastic for rock, EDM, small bands (any genre) and movies. Could be my system, but they sound good, but not fantastic for orchestra or classical.

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #4,067 of 4,144
Feb 9, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #4,068 of 4,144
Woo wa7 and the xc.. just superb.

Attachments

• 20220207_200801.jpg
    20220207_200801.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 21, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #4,071 of 4,144
I agree with the review. With EQ and ample power and headroom the LCD-XC can be tuned to sound like whatever you want. I have a 2021 version that has been my daily driver for about 5-6 months. Very happy with them and have no desire to upgrade. I do feel they are more suited to specific genres but other then that they are amazing headphones for the money.

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #4,072 of 4,144
I agree with the review. With EQ and ample power and headroom the LCD-XC can be tuned to sound like whatever you want. I have a 2021 version that has been my daily driver for about 5-6 months. Very happy with them and have no desire to upgrade. I do feel they are more suited to specific genres but other then that they are amazing headphones for the money.

A lot of people will read this and think it's true of most headphones, that sufficient EQ can make anything sound great. It isn't, and it can't. EQ will aggravate issues with distortion, resonance, narrow or high peaks, poor channel matching, and whatever sound flaws already exist outside of frequency response. Of course, the more ambitious the EQ, the more they are aggravated. The XC is an excellent headphone to EQ because it has largely eliminated those other issues. It can be EQ'd to taste without sacrificing anything. Dial the numbers in properly and the sound improves. That's it. That is a pretty remarkable trait.

Feb 21, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #4,073 of 4,144
A lot of people will read this and think it's true of most headphones, that sufficient EQ can make anything sound great. It isn't, and it can't. EQ will aggravate issues with distortion, resonance, narrow or high peaks, poor channel matching, and whatever sound flaws already exist outside of frequency response. Of course, the more ambitious the EQ, the more they are aggravated. The XC is an excellent headphone to EQ because it has largely eliminated those other issues. It can be EQ'd to taste without sacrificing anything. Dial the numbers in properly and the sound improves. That's it. That is a pretty remarkable trait.
Agreed

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #4,075 of 4,144
I’m very happy for you. Honestly I’ve listened to a ton of different headphones and the XC just grabs me in a way that most headphones just don’t. They have a slam to them that is so realistic and I love how dynamic they are.
The other day I listened to the bladerunner 2029 soundtrack and oh my goodness the slam and control the XC’s have with the bass and other low end detail is very immersive and powerful.
Not many headphones can give you that low end without distorting like hell. :)
Omg that is what I did to test low end bass control! Haha talk about kindred spirits. Yeah, that Blade Runner 2049 is an excellent soundtrack for testing low end control and slam.

Lately I’ve been interested in buying the Final Audio D-8000 and I’ve heard that they fail with this soundtrack. The bass clips/distorts in some sections of the music.
It maybe because of the AFDS (Air Film Dampening system) that is used.
Anyhow the XC’s have some slight treble anomalies, but other than that I find them damn near perfect. :)

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #4,076 of 4,144
I agree as well. For most the EQ settings will sound very exciting and vivid at first, but when it comes to long term listening? No freaking way.
Not for me.

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #4,077 of 4,144
I actually has them rather loud last night, and she could not hear them. Isolation is great with the xc.
They are decent but they do bleed.
It is not a bad thing, but they are no DCA STEALTH when it comes to isolation.

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #4,079 of 4,144
Forgive me for asking something that has no doubt been answered, but - can someone provide a one sentence timeline of the LCD-XC?

I know there's a 2021 carbon version with different tuning, but am i right in thinking there was a brief phase of wood based models also with the 2021 tuning?

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #4,080 of 4,144
Anyone experience with connecting the LCD-XC’s to the speaker taps of a tube amp? If so, what tube amp would you suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back