AUDEZE LCD XC
Oct 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,726 of 4,139
I've been lurking this thread for a while and finally got around to ordering my LCD-XCs which came today!

I do have a question. For anyone who recently purchased the XC, did Audeze change the connector material? 

I bought an LCD-X about a year ago and the connector is the magnesium/steel, but the XC seems to be made from the same plastic I see on the LCD-2. I'm not sure if they did this to decrease the weight, if it was a mistake, or if they think the black looks better with the black frame. I also believe they changed the pad material, as it's much softer.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #1,727 of 4,139
  I've been lurking this thread for a while and finally got around to ordering my LCD-XCs which came today!

I do have a question. For anyone who recently purchased the XC, did Audeze change the connector material? 

I bought an LCD-X about a year ago and the connector is the magnesium/steel, but the XC seems to be made from the same plastic I see on the LCD-2. I'm not sure if they did this to decrease the weight, if it was a mistake, or if they think the black looks better with the black frame. I also believe they changed the pad material, as it's much softer.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure. 

Looks the same.. :frowning2: sigh. Im going to have to get some customers for mine soon. its such a dam shame that they sell such awesome headphone with ****ty cables.

Regarding removing the shell from the unit. If you can convert an LCD-XC into a LCD-X they would lose money. No one would buy 2 of the same units if you can make one function as 2. Just saying.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,728 of 4,139

Looks the same.. :frowning2: sigh. Im going to have to get some customers for mine soon. its such a dam shame that they sell such awesome headphone with ****ty cables.

Regarding removing the shell from the unit. If you can convert an LCD-XC into a LCD-X they would lose money. No one would buy 2 of the same units if you can make one function as 2. Just saying.

I don't know if I confused you blackwolf, but I wasn't talking about the cables. I do agree that they aren't great, which is why I've been eyeing Norne Audio and will most likely be purchasing a few cables from there in the future.

I decided to email Audeze and ask about the change in connector color. They're apparently manufacturing the new LCD-X/XCs with a black powder/anodized metal connector. I think it looks a lot better than the previous silver color, but maybe other people would prefer the contrasting colors.

Anyway, my unit is absolutely normal and I'm thrilled with these cans!

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,729 of 4,139

I don't know if I confused you blackwolf, but I wasn't talking about the cables. I do agree that they aren't great, which is why I've been eyeing Norne Audio and will most likely be purchasing a few cables from there in the future.

I decided to email Audeze and ask about the change in connector color. They're apparently manufacturing the new LCD-X/XCs with a black powder/anodized metal connector. I think it looks a lot better than the previous silver color, but maybe other people would prefer the contrasting colors.

Anyway, my unit is absolutely normal and I'm thrilled with these cans!

we might have been referring to different things. sorry about that

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #1,733 of 4,139
I have read some posts about XC + Schiit Mjolnir being bright. Well I just got the Mj few days back & it pairs very well with the XC. I do not detect any brightness, infact the treble is perfect for me now (just for people to know where I am coming from - I love the HD 800 & T1 treble and find the LCD 3's a bit dark). Very dynamic sound with decent sound stage, the WA22 will give  a better sound stage but I prefer the treble on the MJ. Am using a Yulong bal Dac.

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,734 of 4,139
I bought my ALO MK-3B at soundconsult.nl, though I ordered through the Internet. They are located in Arnhem and their website does show some kind of showroom. Previous versions of their site stated that you have to make an appointment if you want to visit them (which is still on my todo-list when I am visiting Holland). Concerning the amp, it is portable and the base knob that this amp has perfectly suits my taste, especially when I am listening music with the XC. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,738 of 4,139
Someone have already try to mod the LCD-XC with some Dynamat like Denon AH-D7000 mod ?

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,739 of 4,139
  Someone have already try to mod the LCD-XC with some Dynamat like Denon AH-D7000 mod ?

i can't imagine doing that.
adding just one gram of additional weight would be enough to snap the neck.  
deadhorse.gif

besides, I don't find the XC lacking in any way that damping material would fix.
I don't really find them lacking much in any way, actually...

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #1,740 of 4,139
Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... besides, I don't find the XC lacking in any way that damping material would fix.
I don't really find them lacking much in any way, actually...

agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back