Aug 17, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #12,346 of 12,748
Manufacturing date: 05/18/2021
FR Graph:

Attachments

• Subssonic1.PNG
    Subssonic1.PNG
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 19, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #12,349 of 12,748
Apologies for this post as it is 'first world problems'! Can anyone recommend a tall headphone stand on which the LCD-X can rest without the headphone cable being stressed?

I'm using a fairly good headphone stand that let's the earcups hang freely without touching any part of the stand. However, due to the angle of the 4-pin mini-XLR socket and the cable entry position, the cable is pushed out in an acute bend. Here are a couple of pictures:

ZU58zdj.jpg

FFjoAl4.jpg

I could mount the headphone in the reversed position which partially eliminates the issue, but this means having to remember to rotate it 180 degrees when taking it off the stand and putting it on my head. I've forgotten to do this a couple of times.

As I said, first world problems...

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #12,350 of 12,748
Apologies for this post as it is 'first world problems'! Can anyone recommend a tall headphone stand on which the LCD-X can rest without the headphone cable being stressed?

I'm using a fairly good headphone stand that let's the earcups hang freely without touching any part of the stand. However, due to the angle of the 4-pin mini-XLR socket and the cable entry position, the cable is pushed out in an acute bend. Here are a couple of pictures:

ZU58zdj.jpg

FFjoAl4.jpg

I could mount the headphone in the reversed position which partially eliminates the issue, but this means having to remember to rotate it 180 degrees when taking it off the stand and putting it on my head. I've forgotten to do this a couple of times.

I am using the Aventree Bamboo headphone stand from Amazon, $29.99.

Tall enough to not hinder my Hart audio connectors. Plus, the steel headband slots in perfectly at the top.

C66903BC-4D48-40FD-A3C2-693AE230A9B2.jpeg

65434A4F-0496-476A-94E7-FFBA8B2464CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #12,356 of 12,748

ZU58zdj.jpg

FFjoAl4.jpg

Woo Audio HPS-R or HPS-T (if you have more than one headphone)- sturdy, sleek, adjustable height, and, most importantly for the LCD, heavy (4 lbs R, 5 lb T). Expensive? Yes. But for the LCD-X, which is also expensive, I wanted a quality stand that was stable enough to comfortably rest those beautiful cans. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #12,357 of 12,748
Woo Audio HPS-R or HPS-T (if you have more than one headphone)- sturdy, sleek, adjustable height, and, most importantly for the LCD, heavy (4 lbs R, 5 lb T). Expensive? Yes. But for the LCD-X, which is also expensive, I wanted a quality stand that was stable enough to comfortably rest those beautiful cans. Highly recommend.
Do you mind my asking when you purchased it? I checked the price several times over the last few years and it was always the same ($79). Now that I'm considering purchasing the LCD-X and perhaps one other similar tier headphone I just the checked the price again, and I think it's over 50% higher than it was before. That's quite a boost for what was even before a relatively pricey headphone stand. Did that happen recently? Maybe it's due to tariffs and recent international shipping issues? Not criticizing Woo Audio - they can charge whatever they want, and they may be simply applying a recent wholesale price increase they have to absorb to the retail price. Just curious.

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #12,358 of 12,748
Do you mind my asking when you purchased it? I checked the price several times over the last few years and it was always the same ($79). Now that I'm considering purchasing the LCD-X and perhaps one other similar tier headphone I just the checked the price again, and I think it's over 50% higher than it was before. That's quite a boost for what was even before a relatively pricey headphone stand. Did that happen recently? Maybe it's due to tariffs and recent international shipping issues? Not criticizing Woo Audio - they can charge whatever they want, and they may be simply applying a recent wholesale price increase they have to absorb to the retail price. Just curious.
Not at all. I purchased it around one month ago. I was unaware of the price hike, but to be quite honest, I don't mind. For my situation, I need the ridiculous weight and stability- kids, pets, my own clumsiness, etc. Also the two headphones that will adorn that stand are both greater than 500g each, which added to the justification in my case.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #12,359 of 12,748
Thank you for the recommendation. I shall try to find a source for those here in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back