Audeze LCD-X
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #10,981 of 12,748
Awaiting my Aeolus and Echo amp tomorrow, will shortlist again if I feel like I still yearn for planar sound

Still rather intrigued by the Diana Phi tbh..

I really liked the diana phi. It could be endgame for sure. I only decided to go with the 1266 tc because I knew I would want to upgrade to it after the diana.

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #10,982 of 12,748
I really liked the diana phi. It could be endgame for sure. I only decided to go with the 1266 tc because I knew I would want to upgrade to it after the diana.

Tbh, I can’t stand the looks of the 1266 and neither does the price which comes with it help

The Diana on the other hand..

Don’t quite comprehend the $1000 diff for Phi and non Fi, it’s like what 30% extra?

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #10,983 of 12,748
Tbh, I can’t stand the looks of the 1266 and neither does the price which comes with it help

The Diana on the other hand..

Don’t quite comprehend the $1000 diff for Phi and non Fi, it’s like what 30% extra?

I am with you on the looks. I think that to get the flexibility of the 1266 it has to be designed the way it is.
You might be able to get better pricing if you work with a dealer. I haven't heard the original diana but most say that the phi is better.

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #10,984 of 12,748
I am with you on the looks. I think that to get the flexibility of the 1266 it has to be designed the way it is.
You might be able to get better pricing if you work with a dealer. I haven't heard the original diana but most say that the phi is better.

Will find a pair to demo when I return to Singapore in a few weeks. If it sounds so above and beyond my X, I’ll def consider..

That said, the Diana is way easier to drive than 1266 iirc

For now, I’ll “settle” for the Aeolus, hopefully have some time to this weekend

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #10,988 of 12,748
Sorry to rant but I am the only person that is bothered by YouTube reviewers asking for viewers to send them stuff to audition and review or give donations to PayPal. At least create a patreon and put some effort into raising money to fund review items. You can also sell off gear that you purchased for audition and buy used from the forum here.

I had someone ask if I was willing to lend my LCD-X to them so they could use them for a review and then maybe purchase them.So let me get this straight you want to borrow my headphone for an extended period make a video that you can then monetize and then maybe you will buy them after all of that. How about you do what most of us do and find a shop to audition products. Maybe you develop a relationship with the folks at the shop and they might lend you stuff to audition. Then you can support them buy purchasing from them instead of buy from an online store. You can also become part of gear tours here. Although I am not sure how people are selected for gear tours. Hifiman didn't even post a list of people that were selected for the jade 2 tour. I am getting off the soap box didn't know where to post this one back to the LCD-X. (I still love mine).

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #10,989 of 12,748
I agree with you plus most of those youtubers don't really know what their talking about, don't sent them anything let them buy their own, only wanting views Z is a good example..

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #10,991 of 12,748
On a separate note, are the LCD-X's still competitive in their price point? With the new wave of Mr. Speakers Aeons, Focals, Hifimans, do LCD-X's hold their own at the $1200 creators package?

Yes, by God, they are. Compared to the AEON C, AEON O, Ananda, HEXv2, Clear, Elear, and Elex, I would take the LCD-X over any of them. (Although, giving up the Clear would make me cry.) You might, of course, come to a different conclusion ultimately, but you would be doing yourself a disservice ruling out the X without hearing it.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #10,993 of 12,748
X may well be the best bargain considering price per performance in the entire Audeze line. Having said that, the 4z are freakin' sublime but then that is not germaine to this conversation is it? =)
One could do much worse than the X for a headphone...

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #10,994 of 12,748
Sadly sold my X’s looking for the next upgrade.....most likely 4z or Empyrean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back