Audeze LCD-X
Mar 15, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #7,651 of 12,748
With certain songs I have a hard time distinguishing between 190 and 320 even at times. Ex. evenescence. I have heard they have poor production though. However with others such as pink Floyd or assorted acoustic music I can easily tell. Any brief explanation as to why this may be?

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #7,652 of 12,748
So I just purchased a set from a member here and so far it's excellent sounding.

Currently paired with the Mojo as I am away from home, I have the Audiolab M-DAC also waiting to be unpacked at home once I return this weekend. Need to get myself an adapter cable made up to use the balanced out.

Only concern is the crinkling sound when the headphone is put on due to pressure, even when moving head around rapidly it causes the sound. Looking on here that apparently is standard and I shouldn't be worried. Common with planars however my HE400i (first planar owned) don't do this, might be due to material types that makes up the driver.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #7,655 of 12,748
With certain songs I have a hard time distinguishing between 190 and 320 even at times. Ex. evenescence. I have heard they have poor production though. However with others such as pink Floyd or assorted acoustic music I can easily tell. Any brief explanation as to why this may be?

I was always curious what the background noise was at the end of Evenessence's slow song  'All of me' or whatever the title was.  Sounds like morse code.  Any thoughts on that?
I'm guessing you enjoy their music.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #7,656 of 12,748
I was always curious what the background noise was at the end of Evenessence's slow song  'All of me' or whatever the title was.  Sounds like morse code.  Any thoughts on that?
I'm guessing you enjoy their music.

I do. And that is one of the songs in specific I was wondering about. It is called my immortal. And with some artists I have no issue distinguishing between 320 and other bit rates, I personally don't think I can tell the difference between 320 and lossless on any song, but with that one even going down to 120 bits still not super noticeable. And I do think it is due to backround noise because like you said there is popping and I notice a lot of hissing in that song as well regardless of bit rate. But I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable than I to explain why with poorer recorded songs it is harder to distinguish between different bit rates.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #7,658 of 12,748
What do you want to know HD800 or HD800 Anax mod or HD800S I am sure all of them is technical better headphone but LCDX can be better for listening because sound is overall more natural universal (for me for example)..

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #7,662 of 12,748
I know but do you think it will be dramaticaly diferent? I think no..

It is tho. A lot different.

I tested the HD800, HD800S and LCD-X on a V281.

HD800S and LCD-X both performed extremely well. I would be happy with either.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #7,664 of 12,748
Nice!

Which are the sonic differences between LCD-X and HD800S?

LCD X has more bass, HD800S sounds cleaner in bass tho. You can hear individual notes clearer. HD800S has more detail and now doesn't seem to get harsh.
LCD X sounds more veiled. If you were in a hall it places you about 8 rows back. HD800S with more air and detail puts you right in front of the artist.

BTW: V281 is a killer endgame amp. I'm saving my $$'s for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back