Audeze LCD-X
Mar 14, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #7,636 of 12,748
I feel your pain, that's definitely a drag dude!

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #7,637 of 12,748
  ARRRRRRGGGH!!!

Apparently while I was in the shower, the mail came and gone and didn't deliver my package because nobody was at the door! So I'm left with this note saying "Sorry we missed you!"

I have never screamed so loud..  
mad.gif
mad.gif

oh they knew it... this will happen 3 more times before they return to sender 
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #7,639 of 12,748
  ARRRRRRGGGH!!!

Apparently while I was in the shower, the mail came and gone and didn't deliver my package because nobody was at the door! So I'm left with this note saying "Sorry we missed you!"

I have never screamed so loud..  
mad.gif
mad.gif

Had that happen to me a couple of times.  Which is why I've made it a habit to include some shipping instructions for the shipper to leave the package at my doorstep if no one answers the door.  Never had a problem since.  

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #7,642 of 12,748
Straight out my phone, they sound OK. Out my laptop, they sound GREAT. This sound signature is what I've been looking for in a headphone. Can't wait until my amp comes in Friday!

The ODAC combo will blow your laptop out of the water

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #7,645 of 12,748
I'm going through my Classic Rock collection again, and it sounds amazing. It's only 160 kbps, but it's still the best sound I've heard from a pair of headphones in my life. It only gets better from here!!

I sure do hope you do not plan to listen to music through a 1700.00 dollar pair of headphones with 160KBPS MP3...that is a crime and a complete waste of money......to be honest a pair of LCD-X would if anything expose the MP3 for all of its shortcomings,MP3 is meant for earbuds and phones.......tragic if so

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #7,646 of 12,748
[COLOR=FF0000]I'm going through my Classic Rock collection again, and it sounds amazing. It's only 160 kbps, but it's still the best sound I've heard from a pair of headphones in my life. It only gets better from here!![/COLOR]

I sure do hope you do not plan to listen to music through a 1700.00 dollar pair of headphones with 160KBPS MP3...that is a crime and a complete waste of money......to be honest a pair of LCD-X would if anything expose the MP3 for all of its shortcomings,MP3 is meant for earbuds and phones.......tragic if so

Of course not. I have a collection of FLAC as well, it's just that many of my favorite songs aren't FLAC.

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #7,647 of 12,748
  I'm going through my Classic Rock collection again, and it sounds amazing. It's only 160 kbps, but it's still the best sound I've heard from a pair of headphones in my life. It only gets better from here!!

The majority of what I use is MP3.

MP3 derived from CD ripped in apple lossless. I find it very suitable.

I really cant hear the difference in this and HiRes. I have compared.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #7,648 of 12,748
 a CD ripped using apple lossless is not MP3...it is like FLAC an exact copy of the CD...most of what i listen to is my CD's downloaded in FLAC.....I am referring to lossless music which i was suggesting would be a waste to listen to through a pair of LCD-X's...I was not referring to CD quality vs Hi-Rez i was referring to CD quality or better vs lossless MP3

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #7,649 of 12,748
   a CD ripped using apple lossless is not MP3...it is like FLAC an exact copy of the CD...most of what i listen to is my CD's downloaded in FLAC.....I am referring to lossless music which i was suggesting would be a waste to listen to through a pair of LCD-X's...I was not referring to CD quality vs Hi-Rez i was referring to CD quality or better vs lossless MP3

My bad, I'm not very technical on these sort of things.

I import out of iTunes to a iPod then use. Are they still okay?

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #7,650 of 12,748
whatever u enjoy is ok...if it is lossless it isnt MP3......whatever works for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back