Audeze LCD-X
Aug 14, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #6,783 of 12,748
  Hi all, Need help on buying the suspension strap but I'm worried that I will have to buy the yoke extenders. I currently have my pair at only 2 clicks up from the bottom - will I be cool?

you should be fine. that is a pretty small setting.

No official word on alternative suspension straps from Audeze. Only got a glimpse of that design on a prototype LCD-Z which recently has not have any new news or new rumors on that product. Basically, I would not hold my breathe on that.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #6,785 of 12,748
you should be fine. that is a pretty small setting.

No official word on alternative suspension straps from Audeze. Only got a glimpse of that design on a prototype LCD-Z which recently has not have any new news or new rumors on that product. Basically, I would not hold my breathe on that.

Wow glad the LCD-X has progressed so far. I am very intrigued by the LCD-Z.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #6,786 of 12,748
  Thanks for the reply mate.

What setting do or did you have yours at before you got the strap? I vary between 2 and 3 notches. If it were 3 do you think it would still be fine?

IIRC prob around 2. can check after today tho for you. pm me tonight to remind me.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #6,789 of 12,748
  Anyone know if the LCD Z is aiming to just upgrade comfort or are they playing with the sound signature as well? 

the LCD-Z is supposed to be aimed at a completely different target audience with an extremely extremely high impedance (1200ohms iirc) for pairing with OTL tube amplifiers. Initial rumors had it slotted under the LCD-3 in price point, but with the new influx of pricey planar magnetics, I am thinking that Audeze will also be raising prices in future releases. Their products usually target the upper tier of the high-end market.

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #6,792 of 12,748
I went two weeks without my X while I was breaking in and evaluating new additions to the headphone harem...put them back on my head just now and wow...realizing all over again how much I love em. Its gonna be a long time before anything knocks these off the top of Focker Mountain.

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #6,793 of 12,748
I went two weeks without my X while I was breaking in and evaluating new additions to the headphone harem...put them back on my head just now and wow...realizing all over again how much I love em. Its gonna be a long time before anything knocks these off the top of Focker Mountain.

I just returned home from some business travel and found the family already asleep. So I fired up the WA22 and put on the LCD-Xs. What a different experience from listening to an iPhone + Westone W40s on a plane. :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #6,794 of 12,748
I just got my pair of LCD-X last week and have been breaking them in all weekend. I have them in my iMac 5k Roon > McIntosh D150 > WA22 > Black Dragon balanced LCD-X chain and they sound fantastic. I tried them quite a bit at an get together in Orlando and liked them then on my Wa7d / WAtp and iPad combo but in my main system they sound even better.

I was able to compare them with some great headphones, HD800, LCD-2, Fostex TH900, McIntosh MHP1000 and others and I liked these better.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #6,795 of 12,748
I just returned home from some business travel and found the family already asleep. So I fired up the WA22 and put on the LCD-Xs. What a different experience from listening to an iPhone + Westone W40s on a plane. :)
Lol no doubt...thats a great rig you have there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back