Audeze LCD-X
Dec 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2,431 of 12,748
Beyer T1 is not tizzy or unrefined with the right amp. Unfortunately the ps1000 is horribly bright and grainy regardless of amp, its one of the worst headphones ive heard and it cost me the most as well.

I have yet to hear the T1 (or the AKG new flagship), but it should be at the DC meet in a few weeks. The DT770/880/990 didn't sound very good to me--perhaps I'll like the T1 more.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2,434 of 12,748
I just got a review pair of the lCD X for Audeze and been listening to them  since yesterday on first the WA7 and now today on the WA5 single ended and they sound very open.Much more so than the lCD2 I have here also. This may be their best effort gets and possibly their best headphone. I like what I been hearing .

Daft Punk rocking my head now!!!!!

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2,435 of 12,748
I just got a review pair of the lCD X for Audeze and been listening to them  since yesterday on first the WA7 and now today on the WA5 single ended and they sound very open.Much more so than the lCD2 I have here also. This may be their best effort gets and possibly their best headphone. I like what I been hearing .

Daft Punk rocking my head now!!!!!

The XC sound more open than the LCD-2. I'd love to hear them out of a WA5 :)

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #2,442 of 12,748
Just a question, since I didn't see any mention of this in all the posts I've read:
Would my clas r and sr71b be enough to drive the lcdx — balanced of course ?
Thanks
J

No experience with the clas r, but the sr71b has plenty of power. Haven't heard them together to speak about the synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back