Audeze LCD-X
Nov 21, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #7,216 of 12,748
Nov 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #7,217 of 12,748

They are pretty much the same...both breath pretty well. 

Nice...I love these ear pads. And the new headband.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW guys, I meant to post this the other day but forgot...

So I was discussing a few aspects of another headphone recently, and someone mentioned a "dummy head recording". I knew what a dummy head was, but no idea about a recording that was associated with it. So I did a quick search on youtube and found this link: https://youtu.be/uB4Sr23AN2E

I'm posting this here because this is what solidified for me one of the main reasons I love the X so much. When I first got these headphones, I saw a movie at the time where there were a bunch of NASCAR drivers in a classroom having a meeting. Some were sitting, some standing, a few in the hall...they were all differing distances away from the camera and in all directions. I remember posting about how the X just blew me away in terms of the imaging capabilities. These magnificent headphones were placing the voices perfectly in 3-dimensional space, and giving me a tactile-like impression of where everyone was, even if I wasn't looking at the screen.

Well, this video does an AMAZING job of illustrating imaging and it's a lot of fun to watch. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, I recommend at least checking out the scenes that start at 7 and 11 minutes, respectively. Just as this video confirmed for me how adept the Xs are at imaging, it also proved how this quality was severely lacking in another headphone I recently had in-house. (And subsequently a big reason why I kicked it to the proverbial curb.)

Enjoy!

I get left/right and back clearly but front sounds more over the head then in front of it.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #7,218 of 12,748
I get left/right and back clearly but front sounds more over the head then in front of it.

Interesting...

Im finding im far more sensitive to imaging than other qualities...I love tools like this!

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,220 of 12,748
Need an Ether to complete the trifecta :D

Have the 3f and HD800 Anax Mod/Draug 2, really an "end game" combination. Tried the Ether, if I didn't have the 800 would have strongly considered picking one up. ATM, very happy with what I have.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #7,223 of 12,748
One Question:

I use a O2 Amp from Objective with the Hifime 9018 for now. Should i buy the O2 + ODac to upgrade my sound for my Audeze LCD-X or which Dac for 300€ is the best? I search for a clear sound that make the Voice better/warm.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,228 of 12,748
Thank you for your fast feedback. Do you know a good lower Price Dac for the half of the price from the Mojo?

I understand budgets are very important but for twice your budget the Mojo is more than twice as good as half price alternatives.
Better to sell of any surplus equipment to try and bridge that gap. Especially considering the number of inputs it has.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #7,229 of 12,748
Thank you for your fast feedback. Do you know a good lower Price Dac for the half of the price from the Mojo?

The Meridian Director is decent near your budget.

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #7,230 of 12,748

I understand budgets are very important but for twice your budget the Mojo is more than twice as good as half price alternatives.
Better to sell of any surplus equipment to try and bridge that gap. Especially considering the number of inputs it has.

+1... Even though I haven't heard the Mojo for myself (soon to be on my wishlist), I think cheznous has good logic here. There are items that represent a significant leap forward in SQ that are worth the extra money. Case in point, I never thought I would spent $2,300 on a DAC in the Schiit Yggdrasil, but I sold some things, including some budget HT gear and suddenly it's within reach (the Yggy arrives today. :cool:).

That being said, it's nice to see the Mojo get a nod in the LCD-X thread. I'll want something portable pretty soon so I can take the X on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back