Audeze LCD-X
Nov 26, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #7,231 of 12,748
I have the iFi micro iDSD and it sounds great to me with the X. I think I'll be content for years. All prior setups left me wanting more of something, but I want nothing more (besides speakers but I can't afford it)

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #7,232 of 12,748
Does anybody have the Cavalli Liquid Gold paired with their LCD-X?

If so, could you tell me what you think of the pairing? 

What DAC to you use with the pairing.

Thanks

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #7,235 of 12,748
X is a little heavier than 2, but not much really. Clamping force was the same for me.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #7,236 of 12,748
  Looking to upgrade to the LCD-X from the LCD2.2 with leather pads... any difference in comfort between the two? I've heard they feel a bit different on the head, but can't find a solid answer.​

Agreed the clamping force is about the same.  I got my X with the alternate pads.  The comfort is much better with those pads.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #7,237 of 12,748
Does anyone use a player like Audinirvana or Amarra with the LCD-X? I'm just skeptical about their sound improvement claims.

I'm listening to the demo of Audinirvana now, and it is definitely a different sound (smoother) than iTunes, but how can that be? Besides applying an EQ or something. 

I want no filters put into my DAC. I want just exactly the digital signal that the song was meant to be...

Ideas?

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #7,238 of 12,748
  Looking to upgrade to the LCD-X from the LCD2.2 with leather pads... any difference in comfort between the two? I've heard they feel a bit different on the head, but can't find a solid answer. 

That was my upgrade path...not much difference in comfort, but if you get the new headband for the X then that absolutely will make a difference. I never really saw the comfort as a negative, but with the new headband it's actually a positive. Ive always loved how cool and breathable the leather ear pads are, and the new headband goes a long way toward improving the comfort all-around. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #7,239 of 12,748
  Does anyone use a player like Audinirvana or Amarra with the LCD-X? I'm just skeptical about their sound improvement claims.

I'm listening to the demo of Audinirvana now, and it is definitely a different sound (smoother) than iTunes, but how can that be? Besides applying an EQ or something. 

I want no filters put into my DAC. I want just exactly the digital signal that the song was meant to be...

Ideas?

They do apply an EQ, that's how.  It is to get you to buy it.  There is a difference though regardless of this in that all players use different qualities of decompression codec assuming the track is compressed.  For uncompressed tracks bit perfect is bit perfect and they are all the same.

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #7,241 of 12,748

Got an Ether C on order too 
biggrin.gif

How does the Ether compare to the LCD-X? 

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #7,242 of 12,748
  Looking to upgrade to the LCD-X from the LCD2.2 with leather pads... any difference in comfort between the two? I've heard they feel a bit different on the head, but can't find a solid answer. 

I have both and prefer the alternate ones, not the leather. The leather is awesome and I like it's looks better but for making a seal if you wear glasses, I prefer the other one. It is more comfortable as well for the most part.

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #7,243 of 12,748

Personally, I preferred the X, it offers "soul" that I found lacking on the Ether.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #7,244 of 12,748

I have both and prefer the X at least for now.  I think the X presents a fuller picture across the whole range of sound.  I am waiting on a balanced Zoetic cable for the ETHER to use with the Liquid C arbon.  I'll see then if that still holds true.  My experience is that the X scales better down than the ETHER.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #7,245 of 12,748
Looking for my first headphones, I listened to these today and enjoyed them. I came home to find that they had gone on sale at Adorama for $1250. Could not pass up that deal so I ordered. I will audition some others, but will likely keep these. Anyone know how much the new headbands will run? Audeze told me they will be released mid-December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back