Audeze LCD-X
Jul 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #4,576 of 12,748
Has anyone opened up their LCD and see what kind of cable they use inside? from some random search on the Web, it seems to be normal cable. was wondering if upgrading the external cable is not complete until the same exercise is done internally?

Excellent question. You just nailed the number one reason why cable upgrades are not for me. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #4,577 of 12,748

Excellent question. You just nailed the number one reason why cable upgrades are not for me. 

but they can be puuuuuuurdy , and who doesn't want a little bling ??

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #4,578 of 12,748

but they can be puuuuuuurdy , and who doesn't want a little bling ??

lol...yep, I don't disparage cables for anyone else, I just can't quite get my brain around it. 

Have you posted any music links today yet, young man?? You're not allowed to post regularly until you put up at least one! 
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #4,579 of 12,748
  lol...yep, I don't disparage cables for anyone else, I just can't quite get my brain around it. 

Have you posted any music links today yet, young man?? You're not allowed to post regularly until you put up at least one! 
tongue.gif

posted some elvis yesterday, haven't posted anything today, i'm not at full speed yet !

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #4,580 of 12,748
DAMMIT I LOVE THESE CANS! The speed, attack, treble and air are sweet for rock. Starting to settle in nicely...

The M/G stack makes these phones sing.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #4,583 of 12,748
Oh yeah they do bass. Tight clean and deep and did I say hit hard? My gawd these things slam. The 3s did too but there was so much body that many times they kinda got a little muddied down low when really rockin'. Heard it on the X! These cans are definitely what I have been looking for all along. Not to disparage the 3s at all; but the X flat out rocks!

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #4,584 of 12,748
Wanna hear some bass? Give a listen to Tool 10,000 Days and just go ahead and crank it up some. Get ready is all I can say...
basshead.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #4,585 of 12,748
  Oh yeah they do bass. Tight clean and deep and did I say hit hard? My gawd these things slam. The 3s did too but there was so much body that many times they kinda got a little muddied down low when really rockin'. Heard it on the X! These cans are definitely what I have been looking for all along. Not to disparage the 3s at all; but the X flat out rocks!

I agree. I owned the 3 and they are also good but I like the x better . I also tried the hd800 but after being used to the X - I didn't get the itch to buy the senns .

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #4,586 of 12,748

I agree. I owned the 3 and they are also good but I like the x better . I also tried the hd800 but after being used to the X - I didn't get the itch to buy the senns .

I haven't heard hd800 for a while, but I listened to the 3 when I picked up the X. The decision was a no-brainer. To my ears, lcd-x is the logical upgrade from the hd650, in sound terms.

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #4,587 of 12,748
  DAMMIT I LOVE THESE CANS! The speed, attack, treble and air are sweet for rock. Starting to settle in nicely...

I'm six months in and still can't believe how much I love these things. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #4,589 of 12,748
  Focker as a T1 man you are killing me. Gotta save up my pennies huh

lol, sorry man, I'm still heartbroken over the T1s sitting on the stand...I never meant for it to be this way. I really enjoyed rotating my phones, but they just can't compete anymore :frowning2:  

Oh hey, I see you have both the Earsonics and Westone 4s...could you shoot me a PM if you get a minute and tell me which you prefer and why? I would like to upgrade to a nicer pair of IEMs and want to keep it under five bills...those two are on my short list (the Westone 40s, but should be similar to the 4R I would guess). I'd really appreciate it man

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #4,590 of 12,748

lol, sorry man, I'm still heartbroken over the T1s sitting on the stand...I never meant for it to be this way. I really enjoyed rotating my phones, but they just can't compete anymore :frowning2:  

Oh hey, I see you have both the Earsonics and Westone 4s...could you shoot me a PM if you get a minute and tell me which you prefer and why? I would like to upgrade to a nicer pair of IEMs and want to keep it under five bills...those two are on my short list (the Westone 40s, but should be similar to the 4R I would guess). I'd really appreciate it man

+1 - My T1 mostly sit unused.  They do get used every now and then though when my neck starts aching from the weight of the X but hopefully someday I will look like a professional wrestler and be able to take it.  You do have to practice though to become a professional 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back