Audeze LCD-X
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #4,561 of 12,748

For the record, that was John Grandberg's review.

Apologies - I should have checked.

In my head I was associating any content at InnerFidelity with you. I blame the eyeball-destroying shirts
eek.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #4,562 of 12,748
Just got my LCD-X today...how long is the recommended burn-in time?  Thanks...

Just a note on Audeze's customer services, they're freaking awesome!  LCD-X is my second Audeze set.  I bought a set of used LCD-3 last year from a fellow Head-Fier.  A few months into usage, the right then the left membranes popped.  Sent the unit back to Audeze each time and the turn-around times were fast and the fixes were at no cost to me, as a second and perhaps third/fourth owner.  Today after receiving the LCD-X, just realized that Audeze had also upgraded my LCD-3 to Frazor last time it was sent back.  Rare to find a company that is truly standing behind its products and willing to make its customers happy in every way.  Keep up the great services, thank you Audeze!                         

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #4,563 of 12,748
  Just got my LCD-X today...how long is the recommended burn-in time?  Thanks...

Just a note on Audeze's customer services, they're freaking awesome!  LCD-X is my second Audeze set.  I bought a set of used LCD-3 last year from a fellow Head-Fier.  A few months into usage, the right then the left membranes popped.  Sent the unit back to Audeze each time and the turn-around times were fast and the fixes were at no cost to me, as a second and perhaps third/fourth owner.  Today after receiving the LCD-X, just realized that Audeze had also upgraded my LCD-3 to Frazor last time it was sent back.  Rare to find a company that is truly standing behind its products and willing to make its customers happy in every way.  Keep up the great services, thank you Audeze!                         

i had similarly impressive experience with Audeze customer support.  They do a great job.

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,564 of 12,748
Tyll, now that I know what your reference amp is I wanted to ask you what are you using for a DAC and do you think that the technology exhibited in the Chord Hugo will bring us to a place where most audio equipment will be no larger than a pack of cigarettes?

I'm using the AURALiC VEGA DAC. Love it.

Don't know about gear miniaturization. Some will no doubt be small and very good, but the convenience of being able to plug in a variety of connectors easily will likely keep most home gear from shrinking too far...I think.

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4,566 of 12,748
Listened to my new X phones for the first time... Traded in my LCD3s for the X. Extremely happy with these phones. Plenty bass and very clear, detailed, air  and staging very nice. Sounds awesome on the M/G stack. Looks like many awesome hours of listening coming up with the X!

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #4,567 of 12,748
  Listened to my new X phones for the first time... Traded in my LCD3s for the X. Extremely happy with these phones. Plenty bass and very clear, detailed, air  and staging very nice. Sounds awesome on the M/G stack. Looks like many awesome hours of listening coming up with the X!

Congrats.  Awesome phones  
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #4,568 of 12,748

Good move. Enjoy!

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #4,573 of 12,748
my brother came to visit me this weekend and as one who has never heard or appreciated different qualities of amp/dac/headphone/etc he was interested in sitting through a number of A/B tests to try and hear the differences between iTunes vs. JRiver, 44/16 vs 192/24 (Amber Rubarth HD recordings), tube WA7 vs solid state D100 headphone out (both using the D100 DAC) vs iPhone out, and LCD-X vs T1.  It was a fun afternoon and he very clearly heard the differences in all cases.  He immediately found an appreciation for the last 1% requiring the 99% effort and cost and attention to detail.  he 'gets it' now, appreciates good music, and is starting to consider different ways he can get better sound for himself.  made me proud to guide someone through that process of discovery. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #4,574 of 12,748
Has anyone opened up their LCD and see what kind of cable they use inside? from some random search on the Web, it seems to be normal cable. was wondering if upgrading the external cable is not complete until the same exercise is done internally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back