Audeze LCD-X
Apr 22, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3,901 of 12,748
Just got my LCD-X .  There are plenty of reviews here but,   I honestly didn't think it could be this good.    End game on the phones.

Made up for you hope you enjoy listening to them,im gonna wait til next month now when the lcd 4 comes out

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #3,902 of 12,748
Made up for you hope you enjoy listening to them,im gonna wait til next month now when the lcd 4 comes out

Has there been an LCD-4 announced or was that a joke?

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3,907 of 12,748
I feel like I am missing something with the X I actually prefer my LCD2.2's over them. Yes they are more open on the top but I feel like they sound congested and that the bass, while plentiful, is boomy and kind of loose.

If mine sounded like that I'd have sent them back. 

i agree with focker here,
i had the lcd 2, and found that bass loose, slow, and the lcd was a significant improvement ,
it might be worth sending them back to audeze to see if there is a problem

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #3,908 of 12,748
CAPS Zuma Server w/ J River and Synology NAS > Auralic Vega > Auralic Taurus Mk.II (also a Woo WA-6SE). Pretty sure nothin in the chain is the problem

I haven't auditioned your chain, other then the WA6SE, but I did note in my review that warm sounding amps were not a good match for the X's because of an upper bass/lower mid-bass bump that gets congested with warm amps.  I wouldn't, however, consider the 6SE to be an overly warm amp, unless you've rolled in some syrupy tubes.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #3,909 of 12,748
This evening I have micro meet 3 of us at Sumiya japan restaurant .
We have compared 2 LCD X brand new vs 200 hours burn in
Set up A :
Source : iPhone 5 s
Dac / Amp : hi Fi M8 balance 4 Pin version
Headphones : 2 set LCD X

Set up B :
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE with Muse 02
Amp : Duet
Headphones : 2 set LCD X

Set up C :
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD1 LE with Muse 02
As Optical Toslink
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Headphones : 2 sets LCD X

Set up D :
Source : AK 240 use optical Toslink to mini plug
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Headphones : 2 sets LCD X

Music file : WAV 16 bit / 44.4 KHz
Hi res 24 bit / 196 KHz

Cable : SAA endorphin balance 4 Pin , with RSA to 4 pin balance adapter
Mini to mini Crystal cable Dream line series diy
Stock balance 4 Pin
Sys Concept Canada 1300 strands toslink to toslink

Our impression :

LCD X brand new :
LCD X out the box sound harsh in midrange and high , overall warm sounding Orthos , after I burned in 30 hours , my friend LCD X opend up their high more detail and crisp , midrange is neutral

LCD X 200 hours :
SQ is better than the new ones , more natural and neutral sounding than out the box , overall LCD X is warm sounding Orthis , the clarity is better than LCD 3 and LCD 2 rev 3 ,wider soundstage and better separation too

The best set up with LCD X as follow :
Set up D > Set up C > set up B > set up A
IMO

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,910 of 12,748
Good stuff, thanks for your impressions!  
beerchug.gif

LCD-X + Hugo is indeed a killer pairing.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #3,911 of 12,748
Good stuff, thanks for your impressions!  :beerchug:

LCD-X + Hugo is indeed a killer pairing.

You are welcome
LCD X has Warm and detail SQ
Hugo has bright , detail and Fast bass Speed
Thats why This combo has very Good Synergy
IMO

Today i give Hugo poison to 2 friends , They Dont like The model , today They change their mind :D

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3,912 of 12,748
Agreed, but now the conundrum is what amp to complete the trifecta with the LCD-X & Hugo.

To my ears, the Hugo's amp generates about 90% of what the LCD-X is capable of.  For more sheer power and bass, the Auralic Taurus is stellar with the LCD-X, but I didn't demo this combo with the Hugo.  

I have the Questyle CMA800R here at home, and while it's a great amp 1) it doesn't have ideal synergy with the X, given the amp's hyper detail and less-bottom end vs. the Taurus and 2) more significantly, it changes the sound character of the Hugo, which is obviously unacceptable.

Now that I have the Hugo, I need to head back to the Auralic dealer to demo this combo.  Otherwise, I may just run the X straight out of the Hugo, and use the Questyle to pair with Senn HD800s.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,913 of 12,748
I feel like I am missing something with the X I actually prefer my LCD2.2's over them. Yes they are more open on the top but I feel like they sound congested and that the bass, while plentiful, is boomy and kind of loose.

My limited testing over maybe 15-30 min with an ALO Studio Six and a Meridian Prime did NOT exhibit any boominess at all. I agree with Focker. "something" is not right here.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,914 of 12,748
Like to pick up a pair of these cans by June, USA.  Are quite a pretty penny.  Does anyone know if these Audeze LCD-X's ever go on sale or get a promo.  Even 10 percent discount isn't chump change.
gs1000.gif

Thanks
                         Elvis

UPDATE:   Thanks Dan for the heads up, picked up a set.  Looking forward to hearing these cans with the Hugo.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #3,915 of 12,748
Agreed, but now the conundrum is what amp to complete the trifecta with the LCD-X & Hugo.

To my ears, the Hugo's amp generates about 90% of what the LCD-X is capable of.  For more sheer power and bass, the Auralic Taurus is stellar with the LCD-X, but I didn't demo this combo with the Hugo.  

I have the Questyle CMA800R here at home, and while it's a great amp 1) it doesn't have ideal synergy with the X, given the amp's hyper detail and less-bottom end vs. the Taurus and 2) more significantly, it changes the sound character of the Hugo, which is obviously unacceptable.

Now that I have the Hugo, I need to head back to the Auralic dealer to demo this combo.  Otherwise, I may just run the X straight out of the Hugo, and use the Questyle to pair with Senn HD800s.

The Synergy is very important In audio set Up

Thats why i Bought so many portable Amps , to Find The Synergy With My headphones

The best For all rounder Amp is Mass Ko Bo 394 , i can not wait My Mass Ko Bo 394 m it take 2 Month Time For pre order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back