Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 22, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #4,711 of 4,796
Haven't tried my LCD-i4's with my Sony NW-WM1ZM2 yet... No time like the present... I almost bought an M9+... Sounds like I should still pick one up.
Okay just tried my Sony NW-WM1ZM2 and LCD-i4.. They sound pretty holographic. I'm going to have to get a new balanced cable for them.. This Effect Audio Cable I bought second hand has a defect.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #4,712 of 4,796
Okay just tried my Sony NW-WM1ZM2 and LCD-i4.. They sound pretty holographic. I'm going to have to get a new balanced cable for them.. This Effect Audio Cable I bought second hand has a defect.
Yeah, I imagine that would be pretty spectacular! The power of these DAPs accommodate the heavy EQ which turn LCDi4 into TOTL transducer that it is

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #4,713 of 4,796
Yeah, I imagine that would be pretty spectacular! The power of these DAPs accommodate the heavy EQ which turn LCDi4 into TOTL transducer that it is
Reading your comments I ended up buying Hiby R6pro2 which has the same chip, so hopefully will be similar sounding. Impressions to follow.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #4,714 of 4,796
Yep just right @ 85/120 on the Sony NW-WM1ZM2 volume wise. Just a little salty about definitely needing a new cable for my i4's.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #4,716 of 4,796
How is it?

Injured thumb so couldn't share impressions earlier.

It is definitely an acquired taste, but totally worth. Hiby's MSEB allows for exploring many genres in a unique way with LCDi4. Not like plug and play, at least for me.

The r6pro2 is extremely resolving and clean for sure, maybe even analytical out of the box, which initially caught me off guard as I expected it to be just a bit warmer. I had to do the manual fine tuning work of finding EQ for a few of the genres, but the more I played with MSEB, the more I was rewarded.

Battery life is short and it is not exactly portable but those are not major concerns for me. I'm so glad I took the leap as now I actively keep an hour aside every now and then to tinker and enjoy what new worlds of sound it could unlock for me.

Hans Zimmer on this combination is stellar and my wife who generally isn't into audio was raving all about how good it makes the LCDi4 (and the Dune score). And so does my U12Ts.

Attachments

• 20231130_135141.jpg
    20231130_135141.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #4,717 of 4,796
Injured thumb so couldn't share impressions earlier.

It is definitely an acquired taste, but totally worth. Hiby's MSEB allows for exploring many genres in a unique way with LCDi4. Not like plug and play, at least for me.

The r6pro2 is extremely resolving and clean for sure, maybe even analytical out of the box, which initially caught me off guard as I expected it to be just a bit warmer. I had to do the manual fine tuning work of finding EQ for a few of the genres, but the more I played with MSEB, the more I was rewarded.

Battery life is short and it is not exactly portable but those are not major concerns for me. I'm so glad I took the leap as now I actively keep an hour aside every now and then to tinker and enjoy what new worlds of sound it could unlock for me.

Hans Zimmer on this combination is stellar and my wife who generally isn't into audio was raving all about how good it makes the LCDi4 (and the Dune score). And so does my U12Ts.
No doubt that LCDi4 requires a lot of power in order to EQ it to TOTL SQ.

I am finally enjoying what this "iem" can really produce portably driving it with the Shanling M9+. Till now, it has been relegated to my desktop rig.

So happy to take this incredible "iem" on a walk now! Added bonus that you can hear what's happening around you. Corresponding negative is that you'll look like a Sci Fi nerd wearing these in public 😛

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #4,718 of 4,796
No doubt that LCDi4 requires a lot of power in order to EQ it to TOTL SQ.

I am finally enjoying what this "iem" can really produce portably driving it with the Shanling M9+. Till now, it has been relegated to my desktop rig.

So happy to take this incredible "iem" on a walk now! Added bonus that you can hear what's happening around you. Corresponding negative is that you'll look like a Sci Fi nerd wearing these in public 😛
You must be a Star Wars fan to wear TIE fighters in public 😜

Dec 10, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #4,721 of 4,796
Good news. IFi GoPods work very well with these. Just need to reverse, right for left and left for right.
I guess this will fix the ambient mode issue lol

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #4,722 of 4,796

Users who are viewing this thread

Back