Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #4,745 of 4,796
That's exactly what I'd like to do, but I am having trouble getting my first EQ to work.
Not sure what you're working with, but the effort is worth it...i would not let go of mine.

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #4,747 of 4,796
Not sure what you're working with, but the effort is worth it...i would not let go of mine.
I agree completely! I actually just returned a pair of Hifiman Arya Organic full size, open back headphones. Although they are great for what they are, my LCDi4's wipe the floor with them in almost every respect, IMHO. I mean, it's not even close. Fortunately, I was able to pick up an open box, unused pair of LCDi4's from a seller on US Audiomart, at a little over 50% of the retail price. I know it's trite to put it this way, but I literally can't stop listening to them, they are that wonderful.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #4,749 of 4,796
Ok. I bought a usb c to lightning connector for my iPhone 15…it connects and recognizes the adapter but no sound via the cipher cable. The adapter advertised that it is for audio only as well.
This is the one I bought. Photo attached

Has anyone bought an adapter that works other than the official Apple one which is higher priced?

Attachments

• IMG_9893.png
    IMG_9893.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #4,752 of 4,796
Oh, maybe I was unclear. I can listen to music, it works just fine sounds great, in fact. It's just that the app refuses to connect with the Cipher cable. When I looked at the Apple App Store, the Audeze HQ app is rated at, like, 2.5 stars. So it seems like maybe Audeze has just stopped developing it and it's pretty broken at this point. But I'll be curious to see if anybody is still able to get it to work on an iPhone. Thanks for responding!
Hey, I just checked on my iPhone 10 to see if my version of Audeze HQ app would still work with cipher cable, I have 2. At first, it looked like it wouldn't work and was looking for BT headset of Audeze. Then after I correctly oriented the Cipher plug I saw the 10 band eq with preset buttons, settings button, I don't remember if I had to click on Reconnect? I checked both cables and the app was able to see both of them ad their separate EQ settings. I clicked on settings in the app and it showed both had 5.1.7 firmware or something like that, and the App version at 1.4.3. Anyone know how to get this app off the phone as an .ipa? Might be helpful for some. I'm currently running iOS 16.74 Also, does anyone know what the last firmware update for the cipher cable is? I got an error when I clicked on check for update...

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #4,753 of 4,796
Ok. I bought a usb c to lightning connector for my iPhone 15…it connects and recognizes the adapter but no sound via the cipher cable. The adapter advertised that it is for audio only as well.
This is the one I bought. Photo attached

Has anyone bought an adapter that works other than the official Apple one which is higher priced?
Anker made one a couple years ago. I was using cipher cable with my Android phone in 2020. So, Amazon Anker Lightning to USB c adapter. It may still be available

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #4,754 of 4,796
Anker made one a couple years ago. I was using cipher cable with my Android phone in 2020. So, Amazon Anker Lightning to USB c adapter. It may still be available
Thanks...Audeze customer service recommended that one...but I think I am just going to pony up the extra cash and get the apple one. I find off-market ones may only work for certain hardware and ios versions....I just wanted to see if anyone had one that worked with the current iphone 15

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #4,755 of 4,796
I finally figured out how to equalize. I installed Poweramp Player from the Google Play Store on my iBasso DX320, which comes with many, preconfigured equalization profiles for various headphones, including one for the LCDi4 created by the reviewer Crinnacle, himself. It sounds great, amazing, even. Also, the separate Poweramp Equalizer will grab output from Spotify, so that's also a win. Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a way to equalize streams from Tidal. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back