Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #4,771 of 4,795
It would take a lot of courage to do that amount of modification on such expensive earphones!

Понадобилось бы много мужества, чтобы сделать такое количество модификаций на таких дорогих наушниках!

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #4,775 of 4,795
I think wearing headphones around your neck while you're not using them is very convenient and more convenient than wearing regular headphones... plus they can't get lost or fall out of your ear while listening.....

I very recommend ifi diablo for listening audeze LCDi4

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #4,776 of 4,795
Had a great time at canjam NYC today, got to listen to a ton of great gear, by far my favorite was the LCD-4z! I have some news though apparently Audeze are indeed working on a new IEM, no date is set yet but IMO we can expect something near the end of next year perhaps.

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #4,778 of 4,795
Had a great time at canjam NYC today, got to listen to a ton of great gear, by far my favorite was the LCD-4z! I have some news though apparently Audeze are indeed working on a new IEM, no date is set yet but IMO we can expect something near the end of next year perhaps.
Damn, now i gotta go back saving money. If they make an lcd5 like IEM planar then i am interested!

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #4,779 of 4,795
Damn, now i gotta go back saving money. If they make an lcd5 like IEM planar then i am interested!
IF only, though its possible it could just be a successor to the euclid as well. Hopefully its the former!

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #4,780 of 4,795
IF only, though its possible it could just be a successor to the euclid as well. Hopefully its the former!
I got the euclid and every time i underestimate them, i fall in love with them again. If they make a euclid mk2 withthe 5 tuning and a bit extra bass, i'm all in

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #4,781 of 4,795
I got the euclid and every time i underestimate them, i fall in love with them again. If they make a euclid mk2 withthe 5 tuning and a bit extra bass, i'm all in
Yeah...I have the Euclid, and I just wish it had a bit more impact. That's one reason I'm so interested in the Campfire Audio Supermoon. I heard it at Canjam last year and did a direct comparison. I used to think I wanted basshead level bass, but I now like just clean bass with just a bit more depth. I really enjoy Planar sound, when done right. My Euclid (looking at Supermoon as upgrade), Lcd-i4 "eq'd", and Abyss Diana MR have me sitting in my happy place with my DAPs

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #4,782 of 4,795
Yeah...I have the Euclid, and I just wish it had a bit more impact. That's one reason I'm so interested in the Campfire Audio Supermoon. I heard it at Canjam last year and did a direct comparison. I used to think I wanted basshead level bass, but I now like just clean bass with just a bit more depth. I really enjoy Planar sound, when done right. My Euclid (looking at Supermoon as upgrade), Lcd-i4 "eq'd", and Abyss Diana MR have me sitting in my happy place with my DAPs
I am really on the fence if i should go for the i4 second hand....coming from the euclid, vs the i4 what changes?

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #4,783 of 4,795
I am really on the fence if i should go for the i4 second hand....coming from the euclid, vs the i4 what changes?
i4 needs eq for 1. But the potential is enormous. Sound wise I prefer my eq'd i4 to my Abyss Diana, and most headphones I've heard at Canjam. Euclid has decent out of the box sound. i4, eq is pretty much a must to sound Good. On the plus side, you can still do well with a 5 band eq. 10 band or parametric is preferred, but I've done good things with a 5 band

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #4,784 of 4,795
i4 needs eq for 1. But the potential is enormous. Sound wise I prefer my eq'd i4 to my Abyss Diana, and most headphones I've heard at Canjam. Euclid has decent out of the box sound. i4, eq is pretty much a must to sound Good. On the plus side, you can still do well with a 5 band eq. 10 band or parametric is preferred, but I've done good things with a 5 band
Yeah honestly the only headphone that beat the LCD-i4 for me was the LCD-4z in terms of sheer impact, it was a good 10% better in that regard. But imaging just cannot compare, holy hell. I was also quite disappointed in the susvara, heard it on two separate setups, hifiman serenade stack and D90/Mass Kobo 465, bass just wasn't it for me.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #4,785 of 4,795
Yeah honestly the only headphone that beat the LCD-i4 for me was the LCD-4z in terms of sheer impact, it was a good 10% better in that regard. But imaging just cannot compare, holy hell. I was also quite disappointed in the susvara, heard it on two separate setups, hifiman serenade stack and D90/Mass Kobo 465, bass just wasn't it for me.
Speaking of imaging. I think the best impression I ever got was when I had the i4 connected to my FiOS btr5 Bluetooth device, using it to play legend of Zelda on my Nintendo Switch. I was outdoors in the game and was hearing what sounded like crickets or something similar. I'm on my living room couch, near a closed window. I paused the game several times, thinking I was hearing something outside my apartment, and it took me several attempts to realize I was hearing something in game through the i4, and not something actually outside. It was unreal...or rather TOO real 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back