Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Sep 29, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #4,683 of 4,795
I'm taking it to a professional service.

Is 100% infill the way to go? What does the percentage of infill mean for the result?
Usually strength since it dictates what is inside the actual piece being printed. I have the files at home and should really open them to see what tweaking can be done.

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #4,684 of 4,795
I'm taking it to a professional service.

What is the difference between PLA and ABS?

Also, what does infill percentage mean for the resulting product?

Thanks guys!
Abs is a strong impact resistant plastic usually used in things that take a lot of abuse. PLA like normie plastic that degrades over time when exposed to sun light and heat.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #4,686 of 4,795
in that case, wouldn't it be better to go with ABS? I really would like a durable solution, I don't have to replace again if possible.
It could be, I haven't printed anything in abs but I've done a ton in pla. I'd ask the pro you plan on using.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #4,687 of 4,795
Hey Folks, I have been using PEQ on Poweramp to mimic Reveal, routed through Fiio K7 on balanced, and the difference has always been very noticeable with and without EQ.

I recently did Equalizer APO and configured Reveal on it (wet 100%) to out to Fiio K7 but I can barely tell any difference. I can confirm that Equalizer APO is working and Reveal is on since I can adjust gains to test. My question is - am I the only one who does not find Reveal to be that discernable? Or, is it on, yet is it not flowing through? Help!

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #4,688 of 4,795
Hey Folks, I have been using PEQ on Poweramp to mimic Reveal, routed through Fiio K7 on balanced, and the difference has always been very noticeable with and without EQ.

I recently did Equalizer APO and configured Reveal on it (wet 100%) to out to Fiio K7 but I can barely tell any difference. I can confirm that Equalizer APO is working and Reveal is on since I can adjust gains to test. My question is - am I the only one who does not find Reveal to be that discernable? Or, is it on, yet is it not flowing through? Help!
I use Reveal with foobar and the effect is definitely discernable.

Oct 9, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #4,689 of 4,795

I always found the effect of the reveal eq to be much more subtle than you would be led to believe by reading this thread. It was a discernible difference when going back and forth, but not a night and day and quite song dependent. On some tracks it is barely noticeable. On other tracks it is a bit more evident to me, but still not a hugely obvious difference.

Oct 9, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #4,690 of 4,795
I still love my lcd-i4, but since reigning at the #1 top spot in my headphones gear since 2018, I have to say they have finally been taken down a notch to stand at the #2 position. The new #1 spot on my board now belongs to the Abyss Diana MR. Still, a 5yr reign, and still holding the #2 spot is a pretty big feat in my books. Still my absolutely most portable TOTL headphones.

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #4,691 of 4,795
I still love my lcd-i4, but since reigning at the #1 top spot in my headphones gear since 2018, I have to say they have finally been taken down a notch to stand at the #2 position. The new #1 spot on my board now belongs to the Abyss Diana MR. Still, a 5yr reign, and still holding the #2 spot is a pretty big feat in my books. Still my absolutely most portable TOTL headphones.
That's almost not comparable...you're saying LCDi4 is just south of Diana, one of the best over ear headphones. It's like saying, other than full headphones, LCDi4 is the runner up.

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #4,692 of 4,795
That's almost not comparable...you're saying LCDi4 is just south of Diana, one of the best over ear headphones. It's like saying, other than full headphones, LCDi4 is the runner up.
I said in MY GEAR. I've only purchased gear that I absolutely liked, and of course would as portable. Dan Clark, Focal, Meze, ZMF,all good products...didn't do it for me. Up until recently, the lcd-i4, eq'd of course, was my favorite overall listen. Details, vocals, hard hitting bass if I wanted it there. We all hear differently, and it's personally been my favorite listen til I got the Diana MR. The MR is my favorite Diana. I find the treble on the TC far too much, and couldn't listen to that headphone for more than 1 song without starting to get a headache. I compared the MR to the Caldera, the Utopia, and a few others before I decided nothing could changey mind if n purchasing it at CANJAM. So, for me personally, these are my two favorites

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #4,693 of 4,795
So hear me out lcd2 i4 feed by a spring 2 to a Cayin CS-88a tube amp.......my God everything becomes effortless to listen too.

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #4,694 of 4,795
I said in MY GEAR. I've only purchased gear that I absolutely liked, and of course would as portable. Dan Clark, Focal, Meze, ZMF,all good products...didn't do it for me. Up until recently, the lcd-i4, eq'd of course, was my favorite overall listen. Details, vocals, hard hitting bass if I wanted it there. We all hear differently, and it's personally been my favorite listen til I got the Diana MR. The MR is my favorite Diana. I find the treble on the TC far too much, and couldn't listen to that headphone for more than 1 song without starting to get a headache. I compared the MR to the Caldera, the Utopia, and a few others before I decided nothing could changey mind if n purchasing it at CANJAM. So, for me personally, these are my two favorites
Bro, I hear you! Congrats on finding your solutions! Having an LCDi4 for almost a year, I totally get it!

Oct 10, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #4,695 of 4,795
New amp and its like the LCD-i4 have transformed, I didn't think bass could hit this low but WOW.
BA0CCA6B-7335-4FE3-8CB0-4E1EF67BD8AA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back