Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Aug 24, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #4,666 of 4,796
Ah yeah it is 0.1mm
Might be hard to do it with 0.4mm

There should be other places for that I think, might available in online listing!
For me I got the service from online marketplace, and then they sent it to me.
I finally received my 3D printed Earhooks a few days ago. I ordered 10 then placed another order for 10 more in another color.. Thank you for sharing the idea. The 3D printed earhooks are infinitely more durable.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #4,667 of 4,796
Glad you love the i4. It’s been my top IEM since 2017 and no IEM can give me that level of awesomeness these past 5 years. Until the Softears Turii Ti came along. Now both of them are my top 2 IEMs. I don’t feel the need to have others at the moment.
What's the difference between them?

Sep 1, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #4,668 of 4,796
Cross post from Watercooler:

Just finishing up work for the week and SO enjoying my home "desktop" setup, I have a hard time shutting it down! The pretty cheap hifiman dac/amp sounds excellent playing from foobar and has plenty of juice to drive my LCDi4s. Folks don't talk about these much anymore being like 6 years old!

But when they are comfortably and properly fitted, and then EQd, they are stunning and rival almost anything else out there! That huge 30mm planar driver is tuned strangely, but when EQd, the super deep, rumbly bass blends perfectly with its forward mids and sparkly treble highs.

Thankfully, this is easily and freely available using foobar and the Audeze reveal plug in! Playing thru the r2r hifiman, it's really just a perfect way to spend and end a Friday! Happy weekend!!!
20230901_171945.jpg

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #4,669 of 4,796
With Apple iPhones now moving to USB C connections, I’m guessing that existing Lightning Cipher cables won’t work on the iPhone 15 with the Anker adapter.

I have successfully used the Anker Adapter -> Cipher Cable/i4 on my USB c DAP but it only works with the UAPP application which isn’t available on IOS. Neither Apple Music, Roon Remote or ARC or Qobuz will send music to the USB output.

Has anyone had success with using the Anker Adapter/Cipher cable with a USB C iPad?

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #4,671 of 4,796
In the past using EQ on an iPhone while streaming Tidal or Qobuz was a barrier (especially if you don’t have a Cipher Lightning & BT cable).

If you use Roon though, you can now use Parametric EQ on the Roon ARC app. It allows for you to use many of the same EQ/DSP features as the Roon desktop/Core Rock app and you can use them on the go with your iOS device.

Sep 17, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #4,672 of 4,796
Audeze has one of the best customer services. Recently my i4s stopped working (right side went dead) and it was replaced without any questions asked. Off course it was in Warranty but the process of replacement was super smooth. Thanks to Mike(@Audeze)
That's great to hear! I contacted them recently to purchase some replacement earhooks, they ended up sending a bunch for free!
Cross post from Watercooler:

Just finishing up work for the week and SO enjoying my home "desktop" setup, I have a hard time shutting it down! The pretty cheap hifiman dac/amp sounds excellent playing from foobar and has plenty of juice to drive my LCDi4s. Folks don't talk about these much anymore being like 6 years old!

But when they are comfortably and properly fitted, and then EQd, they are stunning and rival almost anything else out there! That huge 30mm planar driver is tuned strangely, but when EQd, the super deep, rumbly bass blends perfectly with its forward mids and sparkly treble highs.

Thankfully, this is easily and freely available using foobar and the Audeze reveal plug in! Playing thru the r2r hifiman, it's really just a perfect way to spend and end a Friday! Happy weekend!!!
I love the LCD-i4s out of the Gustard R26 (R2R), sounds like I'm in a live concert!

Sep 17, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #4,673 of 4,796
That's great to hear! I contacted them recently to purchase some replacement earhooks, they ended up sending a bunch for free!

I love the LCD-i4s out of the Gustard R26 (R2R), sounds like I'm in a live concert!
What amp are you using with it? I'm loving mine with the questyle CMA12.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #4,674 of 4,796
What amp are you using with it? I'm loving mine with the questyle CMA12.
I am just using it with the THX 789, waiting for the cen.grand Little SIlver Fox ATM.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #4,675 of 4,796
I am just using it with the THX 789, waiting for the cen.grand Little SIlver Fox ATM.
I imagine that'll be a nice step up. it's are to revealing for me to use with a normal thx amp.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #4,676 of 4,796
Thank goodness! I'm definitely going to get these printed. The clasp on my earhooks break every few months and it takes a while to reshape the hooks each time with a heat gun.

On the Thingverse site there are 4 files. The L = large and S = small, but what is the difference with the 'T' versions?

Thanks for sharing!

There might be some 3d print service too in your area! Which is how i printed mine too since I can't be bothered to get decent printer haha.
This is the model I used : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3277948 with filename [iSine_hook_ori_replica_TL.STL]

I tried to break it, but yeah this is really sturdy : https://streamable.com/leug9c
Also head shake test : https://streamable.com/gp6jrm

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #4,677 of 4,796
There might be some 3d print service too in your area! Which is how i printed mine too since I can't be bothered to get decent printer haha.
This is the model I used : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3277948 with filename [iSine_hook_ori_replica_TL.STL]

I tried to break it, but yeah this is really sturdy : https://streamable.com/leug9c
Also head shake test : https://streamable.com/gp6jrm
Hey, I just checked out a 3D printing place to get details.

What infill percentage did you use? I do want more rigidity, does this affect that?

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #4,678 of 4,796
Definitely worth it!
Though make sure it's PLA+ material. For additional info the person was using PRUSA I3 printer.
I tried resin, they break easily. Tried TPU like material too, super flexible and definitely won't break. But also won't hook properly as they are flexible.

The data is linked in my previous reply.
Hmm, sending might costs so much in the shipping from Japan. Though I'm pretty sure there should be 3D printing service somewhere, since plenty 3d printer owner usually will open such services.
But If you don't mind I can try! Maybe I can send it next week.
Sorry to bombard you with questions. I've never used 3D printing.

They also have an option for ABS instead of PLA, and .2 instead .1 layer. Do you have any advice on these options?

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #4,679 of 4,796
Hey, I just checked out a 3D printing place to get details.

What infill percentage did you use? I do want more rigidity, does this affect that?

Thanks!
I would imagine using 💯 infill would be the way to go.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #4,680 of 4,796
Sorry to bombard you with questions. I've never used 3D printing.

They also have an option for ABS instead of PLA, and .2 instead .1 layer. Do you have any advice on these options?
Use PLA and .2, it'll be easier to print for your first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back