Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 14, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #3,481 of 4,795
Sounds good for music without much bass. Getting clipping on more brassy tracks.

Is this a pain or what :D

That's easy to fix. Just change the 1) Low Shelf to High Shelf and change to -3 dB or more, no change to Q. This will drop your entire frequency response above 100 Hz to eliminate all clipping.

May 14, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #3,483 of 4,795
Moved on from the n6ii to my Chord Hugo2Go and Roon. The Audeze DSP preset on Roon works wonders across music genres too.

May 15, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #3,484 of 4,795
got a new Schiit Loki and have been having a blast with these on my secondary home setup(need time away from the computer now that i wfh). Ipad pro-Topping D30-Schiit Valhalla2 .
The Loki is surprisingly good.

May 15, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #3,485 of 4,795
got a new Schiit Loki and have been having a blast with these on my secondary home setup(need time away from the computer now that i wfh). Ipad pro-Topping D30-Schiit Valhalla2 .
The Loki is surprisingly good.
Love, my Loki. It's the best tweak that I've bought. But I still prefer to use my i4's with the Cipher cable. I can't seem to match the sound of Cipher cable with digital EQ. It's like there is a gain setting of some kind of in the Cipher cable.

May 17, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #3,486 of 4,795
Love, my Loki. It's the best tweak that I've bought. But I still prefer to use my i4's with the Cipher cable. I can't seem to match the sound of Cipher cable with digital EQ. It's like there is a gain setting of some kind of in the Cipher cable.
Monolith portable DAC/AMP is a perfect pairing with these. The eq-ability of the onboard circuitry runs cicrles around the cipher. It can be used as a DAC Fred from phone or dap or computer, or as an amp in line out. High shelf, low shelf, and 3 band parametric eq. I use this DAC exclusively with the LCDi4, and it's sounds sublime for under $300

May 17, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3,487 of 4,795
I would say the mseb on the Hiby R6 Pro for special effects like "wet", alongside an EQ from UAPP would be the best way to mimic the cipher.

May 21, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #3,488 of 4,795
Hey guys. I've found something interesting that may let us use the lcd-i4 on Android without a cipher cable.

There's an app called Wavelet that has built in eq for about 2300 headphones. It includes the lcd-i4, which I was surprised to see. I'm using it now and it's not too bad. I use uapp for music because it has a full eq. I've wanted to watch movies using the lcd-i4 but couldn't find a proper eq app, and this seems to be it!

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #3,489 of 4,795
Can anyone suggest an eq setting for 5-band parametric eq?

May 27, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #3,490 of 4,795
Hi, I would to know if you can help me with the eq settings on my Lotoo paw 6000 that provides a five-band parametric equalizer...I've read on this forum a lot of eq settings for the lcdi4 but not with only five bands.
Thanks, Marco

May 31, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #3,492 of 4,795
Anyone ever try to use these for gaming? Over-ear headphones for me prove to be extremely uncomfortable for prolonged use. Everything I've used except the HD 650 with a ZMF Pilot Pad I couldn't keep on for more than two hours. How are the soundstage and the imaging on these? This is the only thing holding me back from using IEMs exclusively.

May 31, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #3,493 of 4,795
Anyone ever try to use these for gaming? Over-ear headphones for me prove to be extremely uncomfortable for prolonged use. Everything I've used except the HD 650 with a ZMF Pilot Pad I couldn't keep on for more than two hours. How are the soundstage and the imaging on these? This is the only thing holding me back from using IEMs exclusively.

These are fantastic for gaming!

However, I do use them with Darin Fong's OOYH which are awesome for 5.1 soundstage.

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #3,494 of 4,795
Use these with an eq'd BTR5 and usbc aptx low latency dongle. I use on my Nintendo Switch, or my phone. These are amazing for gaming! Soundstage is awesome. I was playing a game by the window, and I thought sounds were coming from outside. They weren't.

Jun 2, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,495 of 4,795
These are good

IMG_0440.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back