Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Dec 8, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #2,476 of 4,796
Talking about balanced...can someone recommend an (entry level) balanced cable that would fit into the balanced 2.5mm output of an Astell player (SE100)?

Penon Audio 2.5mm TRRS plug to 2 pin 0.78mm.

$15.95 plus $2 for shipping.

Penon Audio has online store, and they sell on eBay, I've bought several headphone cables from their store for me and for friends, everybody is happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5mm-Bala...ilver-Plated-IEMS-Earphone-Cable/263327331824

Dec 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,477 of 4,796
Talking about balanced...can someone recommend an (entry level) balanced cable that would fit into the balanced 2.5mm output of an Astell player (SE100)?
I had Ted at Headphone Lounge make me one for an AK10. With the android phone using using aptx setting and Tidal over USB Player pro I have had good success with bluetooth. Length is 18 inches to avoid the long cable and I get about 30 feet. Conveinant.

Dec 8, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2,478 of 4,796
FWIW The i4 is a sizable investment and I have had good success with custom ear molds. I will get them as opposed to the bit of rubber approach. What's another hundred or two on a $2500 device?

Dec 8, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,479 of 4,796
I keep accidently breaking earhooks. I ordered another groovy kit and they included some extra of both the medium and large. I can only use the medium. Is there anyone out there that only uses the large and would like to trade my large for your medium?

Dec 13, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #2,481 of 4,796
Hello has anyone here used the i4 with both cipher cable and mojo/poly? I use the cipher currently and wondering if mojo sounds noticeably better.

I've used it with both the cipher cable and the Mojo. It sounds different with the two, since the cipher cable has built-in EQ which you can't fully undo using the EQ app. Ability to EQ is a nice option, but I prefer just using it straight with the Mojo with no EQ.

As noted many times in this thread, the key to getting good sound from the i4 is to find a fit and seal with work for your ears, and may require experiment with different tips and adjustment of the ear hooks.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #2,482 of 4,796
I just scored a B-stock LCD MX4 at half-price in the recently launched holiday sale. I should be over the moon about this, especially, since I also scored an LCDi4 in a recent sale, and I have the LCD-X... So why am I not over the moon? Because the MX4 is neither the LCD 4 nor the LCD 4z, which i consider to be the real "summit" Audeze cans at the moment, and possibly better sounding from reviews I have read.. Am I crazy, or being too greedy?

The funny thing is that I might actually like the MX4 better than the 4 or the 4z depending on my own subjective tastes, if I had actually heard the latter 2.. On the other hand, I ought to be happy with the -X, the i4, and MX4 in my stable, as I would expect anybody else to be, so why am i not feeling ecstatic over this purchase? Audiophilia nervosa in overdrive?

i don't really know. I just bought the MX4, so I do not know how it actually sounds yet. The worst part, I think is not knowing how either the LCD-4 or the 4z also sound like in order to judge for myself whether I would like them better or not... Sigh!

Can anyone talk about the differences between the three, and let me know what I might miss.

Also, by way of amps, I have the Violectric V281 and also the Cavalli Monoprice Liquid Platinum, and I think those have me covered as far as the power demands of the LCD-4 are concerned, which makes me think that the 4 could also have been a good possibility were I to get it, but then again, I am not sure that I would necessarily like the 4 better...

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,483 of 4,796
I just scored a B-stock LCD MX4 at half-price in the recently launched holiday sale. I should be over the moon about this, especially, since I also scored an LCDi4 in a recent sale, and I have the LCD-X... So why am I not over the moon? Because the MX4 is neither the LCD 4 nor the LCD 4z, which i consider to be the real "summit" Audeze cans at the moment, and possibly better sounding from reviews I have read.. Am I crazy, or being too greedy?

The funny thing is that I might actually like the MX4 better than the 4 or the 4z depending on my own subjective tastes, if I had actually heard the latter 2.. On the other hand, I ought to be happy with the -X, the i4, and MX4 in my stable, as I would expect anybody else to be, so why am i not feeling ecstatic over this purchase? Audiophilia nervosa in overdrive?

i don't really know. I just bought the MX4, so I do not know how it actually sounds yet. The worst part, I think is not knowing how either the LCD-4 or the 4z also sound like in order to judge for myself whether I would like them better or not... Sigh!

Can anyone talk about the differences between the three, and let me know what I might miss.

Also, by way of amps, I have the Violectric V281 and also the Cavalli Monoprice Liquid Platinum, and I think those have me covered as far as the power demands of the LCD-4 are concerned, which makes me think that the 4 could also have been a good possibility were I to get it, but then again, I am not sure that I would necessarily like the 4 better...
You lucky chum

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,484 of 4,796
If there is one little shred of justice from Audeze AT ALL, they will not put the 4z and LCD4 on sale at half off (or more). It was bad enough that they did that with i4.
That crap is a real slap in the face of the customers who paid full price for the products not knowing that Audeze would put those headphones on sale for radically reduced prices.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2,485 of 4,796
If there is one little shred of justice from Audeze AT ALL, they will not put the 4z and LCD4 on sale at half off (or more). It was bad enough that they did that with i4.
That crap is a real slap in the face of the customers who paid full price for the products not knowing that Audeze would put those headphones on sale for radically reduced prices.
Exactly how I feel. And what make it worse is that i recently bought a pair of b-stock MX4 from audio46 for 2k, and i thought i got a good deal.
So maybe as the bible said Thou shall turn the other cheek and get another slap.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #2,486 of 4,796
Ture... but still better than Focal, Focal has already slap my face several times....at least Audeze will say it's B-stock.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #2,487 of 4,796
Dec 14, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #2,488 of 4,796
Exactly how I feel. And what make it worse is that i recently bought a pair of b-stock MX4 from audio46 for 2k, and i thought i got a good deal.
So maybe as the bible said Thou shall turn the other cheek and get another slap.

Gentlemen: it's just best to buy and then enjoy and not worry about whether the price drops quickly.

Life is just too short to worry about stuff like this. In the end, it's all about musical enjoyment and living out life to the fullest.

If you're wondering, I had a recent death in my family which provided a new perspective for me.

:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,489 of 4,796
Gentlemen: it's just best to buy and then enjoy and not worry about whether the price drops quickly.

Life is just too short to worry about stuff like this. In the end, it's all about musical enjoyment and living out life to the fullest.

If you're wondering, I had a recent death in my family which provided a new perspective for me.

:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

Perspective is everything. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,490 of 4,796
Perspective is everything. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Yes indeed. My condolences as well. Hang in there @cj3209, time does help heal these wounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back