Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Sep 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #977 of 4,796
My pair do not buzz when touched. Driving with Mojo out of a win7 computer.

Weird. Mine do it sometimes with Mojo and other times not. I am using a Macbook Air. I might just RMA these to make sure everything is on the up and up. Chris from Audeze told me they would inspect them and make sure everything was up to snuff. What sucks is being without them for 2 weeks. The more I listen to them the more I am amazed. I had KSE-1500 for 1 week and could not stand them as they were too harsh sounding to me. These on the other had are buttery smooth.

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #978 of 4,796
Gosh I would be lost without my i4 phones these things are amazing. Can't help but wonder how they would sound driven by Yggdrasil and Ragnarok... Insidious hobby this is.

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #981 of 4,796
Bass is really good. Tight clean and reaches deep with great sub-bass and tightly controlled at least from what I have heard.

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #982 of 4,796
image.jpeg
My lcdi4 came in and I am enjoying them, stay turned for a review. Looks like they changed the look of the cable slightly from its all black tip to a red and blue.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #984 of 4,796
Eidolic rhodium plated 3.5mm TRS E3.5R3 gunmetal with silver carbon fiber 2017 model, Eidolic E-SX2 splitter 2017 model, pure silver litz 4-wire, Eidolic E2-78-PG 2-pin CIEM /IEM connector with Tellurium copper pins, PEEK insulator. So far seem to be staying put in the ear pieces better than the stock cable connectors did.

Which specific cable and configuration did you get?

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #985 of 4,796
Thanks for this! I see you sent with the 4-wire. I Guess 8 wire is too thick and unwieldy.
I had the Therium 8cond, sold them after receiving my lcdi4. The weight pulled on the ear hooks, not very comfortable. I'd stick to 26awg 4 cond max with the sines for portable walking use.

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #986 of 4,796
Question how is the bass on the i4s compared to the vegas I mean is it just as visceral? Thinking about getting these

It’s not just deeper but because it’s open backed, the soundstage is more 3D holographic. So it’s sounds more live and real. It reminds me of the expensive German MBL hifi sound system with the 360 degree tweeter dome. Totally transforms the sound. The only downside is that there is no sound isolation.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #988 of 4,796
Listening to Emancipator and I heard a man talking from more than six feet away. But then I discovered it was the recording! Freaky... This is just too cool! =)
Soundstage immaculate. Loving these phones and the cable and the Mojo. Still got my eyes on the Yggdrasil though.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #989 of 4,796
I have finally relooked up my audio equipment and have been basking in the beauty of my i4's driven by my trusty Yggdrasil (has been returned in for 170 hours) and my Liquid Gold. I still can not believe the i4 can sound so bloody good. The i4's are a great compliment to my Focal Utopia. But during the storm and the bloody hot days without power, I decided to get the Hugo 2, somI can have a portable dac/ amp, that I can charge up in my car. But for now I am grooving to some good Grace Jones and the Talking Heads.

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #990 of 4,796
Listening to Emancipator and I heard a man talking from more than six feet away. But then I discovered it was the recording! Freaky... This is just too cool! =)
Soundstage immaculate. Loving these phones and the cable and the Mojo. Still got my eyes on the Yggdrasil though.

Hahaha....same with me, I was listening to one of Melissa Menago's songs and heard a bit of rain, I thought it was raining outside of my house, turned out it's part of the recording :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back