Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Sep 26, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #991 of 4,796
That's right!
Keep it light, too heavy and the i4 becomes very uncomfortable.

Yes you should use whatever is most comfortable to you. For me, I'm quite used to large and heavy cable so I'm okay with the Silvergarde S (21awg)

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #992 of 4,796

My lcdi4 came in and I am enjoying them, stay turned for a review. Looks like they changed the look of the cable slightly from its all black tip to a red and blue.

It looks cooler with the red and blue

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #993 of 4,796
Question how is the bass on the i4s compared to the vegas I mean is it just as visceral? Thinking about getting these

Oh yeah, no doubt about it. As long as you're not in a noisy environment, the bass is amazing.

Sep 26, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #999 of 4,796
Anybody has seen the following issue: when adjusting my left Audeze LCD4i with proper ear seal I can ear a pop or a couple of pops. Like if the diaphragm was touching something... Once powered and in place the unit works just fine, but this is strange as only one of the earpiece is doing this. I am wondering if it may not going to fail faster... What do you think?

Edit: it was in fact the silicon seal that was not seated properly. All good so far! Amazing earphone set.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,000 of 4,796
Yes you should use whatever is most comfortable to you. For me, I'm quite used to large and heavy cable so I'm okay with the Silvergarde S (21awg)
I will be getting the SilvergardeS cable, from Trevor, within the next 10 days. The cable I am getting, will come with different tails/ connectors, so I can connect balanced XLR to my desktop system, and other connectors for my mobile rig.

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #1,001 of 4,796
I will be getting the SilvergardeS cable, from Trevor, within the next 10 days. The cable I am getting, will come with different tails/ connectors, so I can connect balanced XLR to my desktop system, and other connectors for my mobile rig.

Good on you! Trevor is very nice btw. He's willing to go the extra mile for his clients. To me, the Silvergarde S creates a really good synergy with i4. Hope you'll find the same.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #1,003 of 4,796
Thanks a lot @Audeze for replacing my LCD i4 along with the accessories.
A special thanks to Audeze Global Team for arranging the Fedex shipment.(international shipping & custom duties)
The new unit is free of crinkling noise.

20170927_190707.jpg

CHORD HUGO 2 + AUDEZE LCD i4= MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,005 of 4,796
what was wrong with your LCD i4s?

I’m waiting for my Poly to go with my Mojo. Hope to break away the iPhone camera kit connection. Tempted to go with Hugo 2 too especially since Frank said there will be a Poly equivalent for it.
There was a fine crinkling noise whenever I used to move my head or while walking.
According to the Audeze, it was "due to the sound of the diaphragm shifting with changes in air pressure".
But the new unit is completely normal.
It sounds fabulous especially with the Hugo 2.
Kudos to @Audeze for making such an unbelievable headphone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back