Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jun 24, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #287 of 4,795
My LCD i4 has arrived. The sound is fantastic, so natural and detailed. The bass is deep and textured and does not intrude upon the sweet sounding mids. Likewise the highs are resolving and clear without being bright. The soundstage large, detailed and holographic.

Great to read that you like the sound. Have you heard the LCD4?

Nice analogue master clock you have in the audio setup btw.

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #288 of 4,795
Great to read that you like the sound. Have you heard the LCD4?

Nice analogue master clock you have in the audio setup btw.
I have never heard the LCD 4, I would very much would like to hear them.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #289 of 4,795
Currently debating between the lcd 3 and lcd i4...
How do these compare to each other? Im coming from hd 800 s and th 900.
I currently own the isine 20 and like it alot but want to step uo to the bigger brother.
Is there a good difference between isine 20 ( cipher eq curve) and the lcd i4?
Thanks a lot

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #293 of 4,795
Using this tone sweep generator: http://onlinetonegenerator.com/frequency-sweep-generator.html :
In Sine wave, linear sweep, I can start hearing/feeling the bass at 7Hz. With my Zeus it'd be starting at 13Hz. And I get the roll off starting after 14k (booo I'm too young to get old).

Great tool. Thanks for the link. The iSine 20 (do not own the LCE i4 so far) start really at 23 Hz. There is something below but not articulated.

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #295 of 4,795
@Audeze
I received my brand new pair of i4's today, connected the cable, made sure the groove was oriented correctly, connected them to my iPhone 6+ and had no sound whatsoever on both sides, they were completely death. Tried other IEM with my iPhone and they were playing music so it wasn't my source. Removed the cable from both sides, carefully connected both ends again, and no sound. When I disconnected the cable, both sides fit snugly, and it didn't take much for the plastic caps that cover the 2-pin soldering to come unglued, on both sides. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and wanted to ask if anybody else had this issue. I already sent a message to the Audeze Support Center describing the issue. My gut tells me that it might be just a faulty cable, so hopefully they will solve this issue quickly. Still a very disappointing experience.:unamused:

Why we can't have nice things

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #299 of 4,795
The large ear locks work well in my ears with the large groovy tips It definitely took a while to figure out the best way to get them seated in my ears.

Yes, the ear hooks and ear locks for isines are the same as the i4 and those fitting videos on the isine site are applicable.

The videos aren't super detailed, but they are a start. A similar how to for the earlocks with a bit more detail would probably help folks figure out how to get them situated comfortably. I think they work quite well once they're in there and at least for me are more comfortable than the hooks.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #300 of 4,795
As many of you are aware tomorrow is the day that I receive the i4. Across Kanada preparations are being made in our downtown square. At least 75 people are showing up, or 3/4 of our population to celebrate my receiving such glorious headphones. Banners are being spread far and wide. This is the first of many banners that visitors to this great country shall view upon arrival to our airstrip.
Image-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back