Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion

First

Back
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
  1. Zhanming057
    I figured that I should use an actual hard case for the LCD i4's just to be 100% secure. So now the i4's go in a 1010 and the VD313 is for BA iems. Maybe I'm being needlessly cautious though.

2. Zhanming057
    Thanks! The cable is from alpha421 - PM him if you're interested.

As for sound, TBH I can't say since this is my only 2.5mm trrs to 2-pin cable, so I can only compare balanced vs. the stock cable on SE. The whole setup does sound amazing though...I guess I'll need to find a 2.5-3.5 adapter to figure out how much of that is the cable.

3. Slim1970
    Thanks, I might just do that

4. Jimmyf1312

Will you link to the case please

5. Zhanming057
    Mine is the VD313 although AxelCloris might mean the VD823 since they're indistinguishable aside from a slight size difference.

The best way to order these in the US that I've found is through Jaben HK. I usually wait until I buy something more expensive from Derek and then add a couple Van Nuys items to the order. But even if you pay for Fedex shipping it's still cheaper than trying to find this stuff on eBay. I swear by Van Nuys cases and DAP pouches. Their stuff is always impeccable and well thought-out.

Jimmyf1312 likes this.
  6. AxelCloris Administrator
    Sorry, I don’t have a link for where mine was purchased. Someone I know was kind enough to pick it up for me at a local store when they were visiting Singapore. But like @Zhanming057 suggested, you can order it from Jaben HK.

http://www.jaben.com.hk/?product=vannuys-vd313

It’s large enough for the LCDi4 and two Moon Audio cables without feeling cramped.
    A466B77B-2E08-4B17-8E3B-CA1EC38E3D28.jpeg

Jimmyf1312 likes this.
  7. Jimmyf1312
    At first glance I thought this was $USD pricing and was considering just leaving the hobby all together. LOL- thank you for the link

8. bneiderman
    I can’t seem to find this anywhere but for those that have Hugo 2 and Cipher Cable can you compare the differences? I have a Mojo and I much prefer the sound of the Cipher cable from my IPhone X and IPad as the EQ for me is fantastic. I even like the Cipher cable more than using Mojo on my MacBook Air with Reveal Plugin. The bass seems so much more full with the Cipher cable and I am definitely a bass head. I am just curious if Hugo 2 offers a significant step up in sound compared to Cipher to justify the cost. Thanks as always!

9. x RELIC x Contributor
    Mojo is slightly warmer than Hugo2 so if you prefer the cipher to Mojo (because you love the warmth and ‘fullness’) then I would suspect the Hugo2 may not do it for you regarding tonality compared to the cipher cable. On the other hand Hugo2 is a significant step up regarding timing and precision, tonality aside (IMO).

lithiumnk likes this.
  10. Phronesis
    After trying the i4 for a few weeks, they're definitely keepers - no way I'm giving them back! They're expensive, but we pay for performance, and IMO these are worthy of being called high-end. They don't make me not want to listen to my LCD-3 anymore, since the LCD-3 has its own dynamic sort of appeal and bass which is hard to beat, but the i4 does the beat the LCD-3 on detail. The ergonomics of the i4 aren't perfect for me, but by playing around with the hooks and aftermarket tips, it's no longer much of an issue. The only real 'complaints' I can make are that the cable should be 1' longer, and IEMs this expensive should come with a nice hardshell travel case. I've been using them with the regular cable, and am not finding EQ to be necessary.

Jimmyf1312 likes this.
  11. jlbrach
    the I4 is a magnificent product,they have eliminated my desire to lug full size HP's around...the only downside to me is comfort...i do not like the earhooks and wish there wass a better solution...when that is provided they will be close to perfect.....until the I4 v2 comes along lol

Jimmyf1312 likes this.
  12. lithiumnk
    Have you tried the rubber tube mod by @kubig123 ?
    The hollow rubber tube acts as a sleeve for the ear hooks.
    I am also using the same and the fit, comfort is perfect... no more sore ear pinna due to the constant force from
    the ear hooks...
    They really make a difference.
    Here is the link to the post
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...itor-discussion.850292/page-110#post-14022457

20180205_202826.jpg 20180205_202906.jpg

kubig123 likes this.
  13. jlbrach
    where does one get those ear hooks?

14. cj3209
First

Back
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127