Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Oct 21, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #1,876 of 6,787
My idea - was a balanced approach. The company could make a reasonable estimate of initial sales in the first 3 months and make lets say 1/3 to 1/2 of them - ready to ship while being ramped up to male more depending on response. Again- Dan Clark did this... basic balancing act.. and did it well.
What let's you assume Audeze didn't do exactly that?
They stated that the demand for LCD-5 and CRBN totally exceeded their estimations.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #1,877 of 6,787
Bottom line - people who want instant gratification are going to struggle as early adopters.

See, here is the thing..
If you are taking money and you have no product, you are making money.
If you are making money and have no product, what are you?

You feel that this is to be expected, and appreciated, and excused.
I feel that this is not to be expected and its also not to be encouraged.
I encourage you to consider not encouraging a situation that should not exist.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,879 of 6,787
I'm not really sure why this topic continues to clog up the thread. We get that a lot of people are dissatisfied with having to wait,

No one likes to wait, yet we all exist in a world where waiting is required.
The issue is......its one thing to build per order, but its another to take orders having nothing built.
Some here, who are in defense mode, are treating this "preorder" as if the game is, "build to order", which is exactly what has happened.

The good news is...
Its probably a fine set of headphones.
Early adopters and the one Youtube review seem to indicate that if you have heard the MX4, and wanted more treble and more upper mids, then you are going to be really happy.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,880 of 6,787
See, here is the thing..
If you are taking money and you have no product, you are making money.
If you are making money and have no product, what are you?

You feel that this is to be expected, and appreciated, and excused.
I feel that this is not to be expected and its also not to be encouraged.
I encourage you to consider not encouraging a situation that should not exist.

Unfortunately, this is how our current global economy works when demand exceeds supply. Have you bought a car this year? If so, you would know that due to constrained product, you'll be putting a deposit on a car you won't see for months.

As stated previously, Audeze had no idea what the actual demand would be. It appears to be higher than expected, so even had they have prebuilt units, some people would still be waiting.

Regardless, this is simple - Audeze isn't forcing anyone to buy an LCD-5 on release as it's not a limited unit build. If you want immediate shipping, wait until they have units in stock.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #1,881 of 6,787
The issue is......its one thing to build per order, but its another to take orders having nothing built.
Some here, who are in defense mode, are treating this "preorder" as if the game is, "build to order", and in fact, its not.
So which would you prefer? Put down payment on an order and be put in a queue or have Audeze display a "Sold out" and refresh daily waiting for them to re-open orders when there's stock?

At least with the down payment, Audeze could see the demand and ramp up production to meet those who are in the queue, then slow down when it's done focusing production or shifting the production line to focus on some of their other products.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,882 of 6,787
For all of you that ordered from a dealer... I just got my tracking number :sob: :L3000: (Bloom Audio)
No I didn't canceled my order :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is nice to see Audeze is starting to ship the headphone to dealers, looks like the 4 to 8 weeks waiting is for new orders.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,883 of 6,787
So which would you prefer? Put down payment on an order and be put in a queue or have Audeze display a "Sold out" and refresh daily waiting for them to re-open orders when there's stock?

At least with the down payment, Audeze could see the demand and ramp up production to meet those who are in the queue, then slow down when it's done focusing production or shifting the production line to focus on some of their other products.
It would be nice to have estimates on when we'll receive headphones.

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #1,884 of 6,787
Unfortunately, this is how our current global economy works when demand exceeds supply. Have you bought a car this year? If so, you would know that due to constrained product, you'll be putting a deposit on a car you won't see for months.
I ordered a car yesterday. Projected delivery date is April. That is the way the world is today. If possible the best way is to deal directly with the manufacturer. I ordered my LCD-5 directly from Audeze on 09/20 and received them on 10/07. Maybe I am just lucky or they like me.:)

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #1,885 of 6,787
I'm not really sure why this topic continues to clog up the thread. We get that a lot of people are dissatisfied with having to wait, but Audeze did it the way they did it, and complaining isn't going to change anything. If you don't like it, then either don't order the LCD-5 until it's widely available (or cancel your existing order), or buy a headphone this IS currently available instead.
Like I said earlier, there is not a lot to talk about because we do not have our headphones and therefore have no impressions... So were just keeping busy telling Audeze how we feel they should run their business.

I love how people get hyper on these threads. Chill my friends- were just having fun socializing... We don't mind waiting- were just talking it out to maintain conversation..

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #1,886 of 6,787

When Audeze saw the LINE that was in place to hear the LCD-5 at the Festival, and this line sustained and never faltered, did they not know at that time that this gear was going to sell like hotcakes?
Is this why they went deep into "preorder" mode?
Or are you saying that after all these years of bringing in the new Audeze gear, they sort of boffed it this time, and could not understand the demand that was going to hit them????
I recall that the LCD-1, upon release, was stuck in this same..."we had no idea" preorder situation.

Im sorry but, im being asked to ignore reality and pretend that this company is "surprised and caught off guard", and "had no idea that their new Flagship was going to be so popular".

So, lets remember that i just told you this...and then im done.....np.
They are going to release more headphones, in the future.
Lets see if they put all of them in a Pre-Order "can't meet demand" situation.... based on being "caught off guard"..:)
I vote...."yes they will".

Eventually all the demand for this interesting new Flagship will be met and then the used market will be "lit up" with LCD-5's, and that's good .

Its all good., and for the readers who are willing to shell out the $4500 for a mystery, i do hope that all your hopes and dreams are sustained upon arrival regarding your preordered LCD-5.
Ive owned or own many Audeze headphones.
They are one of my favorites., and will continue to be......

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,887 of 6,787
Like I said earlier, there is not a lot to talk about because we do not have our headphones and therefore have no impressions... So were just keeping busy telling Audeze how we feel they should run their business.

I love how people get hyper on these threads. Chill my friends- were just having fun socializing... We don't mind waiting- were just talking it out to maintain conversation..
Who's getting hyper? I was merely pointing out that complaining about lead times isn't going to change anything. Audeze reads the thread daily and is aware that many people are impatient. I'm 99% sure they are doing everything in their power to maximize production while maintaining quality standards. You may be having fun "socializing", but for many people (myself included) tracking the thread waiting for further substantive information on the LCD-5, this constant whining is getting rather tiresome. FWIW.

Over and out.

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,889 of 6,787
When Audeze saw the LINE that was in place to hear the LCD-5 at the Festival, and this line sustained and never faltered, did they not know at that time that this gear was going to sell like hotcakes?
Is this why they went deep into "preorder" mode?
Or are you saying that after all these years of bringing in the new Audeze gear, they sort of boffed it this time, and could not understand the demand that was going to hit them????
I recall that the LCD-1, upon release, was stuck in this same..."we had no idea" preorder situation.

Im sorry but, im being asked to ignore reality and pretend that this company is "surprised and caught off guard", and "had no idea that their new Flagship was going to be so popular".

So, lets remember that i just told you this...and then im done.....np.
They are going to release more headphones, in the future.
Lets see if they put all of them in a Pre-Order "can't meet demand" situation.... based on being "caught off guard"..:)
I vote...."yes they will".

Eventually all the demand for this interesting new Flagship will be met and then the used market will be "lit up" with LCD-5's, and that's good .

Its all good., and for the readers who are willing to shell out the $4500 for a mystery, i do hope that all your hopes and dreams are sustained upon arrival regarding your preordered LCD-5.
Ive owned or own many Audeze headphones.
They are one of my favorites., and will continue to be......
While this might happen, it often does also to others.

Take Sony for example. Even a year after "release" they can't deliver any PS5s.
It also happened on ps3 and ps4 releases... Just not as bad as this time

At Audeze you can at least place pre orders, which is impossible for a Playstation...

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,890 of 6,787
Sorry, but I think you're ignoring reality here. I'll summarize what's already been said:

* Audeze is a small company, they don't have the production lines at scale as Apple and Google.

* 4 weeks between CanJam to now is not a long time, not enough to create new production lines and hire more staff, certainly not during these COVID-19 times.

* global parts shortage, Schiit is also seeing this, hell, things are "going dark" over there with all things black.

* initial batch was meant to be small enough for them to figure out issues and iron them out before larger batches are produced - people are already mentioning comfort, which they've addressed, as well as requests for balanced cables to be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back