Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #1,756 of 6,785
After 117 pages I believe the most important question has not been asked... Does the LCD-5 have the midrange Audeze Cream? All this talk of neutrality has me worried...

Homemade-Whipped-Cream-7-500x375.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #1,758 of 6,785
usually I swap headphones and amps depending on my mood, and what kind of music I want to listen to

However I've had the LCD-5 on for two days straight and not wanted to swap

psytrance, dubstep, rock, nu-metal, pop, even rap - these do it all perfectly
I see you have also Susvara and Stealth. What makes the LCD-5 better then Susvara and which attributes are on Susvara better?
The Stealth is not your taste?

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #1,763 of 6,785
I thought so. May it was "current-driven" and not "current-mode"...I'll keep looking.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends
Just search the thread for "current". There's a post by Currawong that may be what you're looking for, as well as several others.

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,764 of 6,785
Just search the thread for "current". There's a post by Currawong that may be what you're looking for, as well as several others.
Thanks! I found what I was looking for. Oddly enough, I didn't search for just "current" thinking there might be too many returns.
Ah well, live and learn.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,765 of 6,785
I searched the thread, but couldn't find mention of this. Did I see somewhere that current-mode amps would be better for the LCD-5?
I might be (might be?) going nuts, but I thought I read it someplace.
-HK sends

Well current mode would be about input of that amp.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,766 of 6,785
Okay, don't laugh folks, but has anyone tried it with a Schiit Jotenheim 2?
-HK sends
If the bosses wanna send me an LCD-5, I have a Jot 2/Modius. I'd be a very willing guinea pig.

The LCD-X 2021, and LCD2C sound lovely off it. I'd wager so would the 5. But then there are people that would scoff at the idea of pairing a $4500 headphone with a $600 amp/dac setup. Those people can kindly shove off. :p

I'm personally one who believes you can get 9/10 of the way there with a setup like this, and I'll get the gist of what a headphone has assuming the power requirement is met. I'd assume the Jot 2 has plenty on tap. Mixed with the clean/linear dac on the Modius, it's all I personally need. (just personal opinion guys)

I say this as someone who was able to hear some luxurious stuff at CanJam. Including the LCD-5 on the stuff that was there.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,767 of 6,785
I believe it may have some to do with the recording and mastering on the recording as well.

Edit: Listening now on the ZMF pendant, let's see what In the Air and Phil can bring, WOW. It's like a different set of headphones vs. The Soloist more dynamic, better slam, better staging, better tonality.... Same as I found when listening to the MHA200. So far the LCD-5 and tubes is where it's at for me.
Which amplifier between the pendant and mha200 did you personally prefer?

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #1,770 of 6,785
The LCD-5 are some of the best headphones I've ever experienced

However, they are very amp picky - I'm getting best results **BY FAR** out of an AHB2.
On most of my other amps they sound quite boring, dull, and not worth the money
I thought the GS-X Mini was doing great?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back