Audeze LCD-4
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #6,331 of 11,994
I will probably wind up going down the Mjo Yggy route. Even "theking" is a similar hybrid design. It would be cool to see Rag 2 with a switchable tube option, or maybe they'll get that square distortion emulation they've been talking about working.

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #6,332 of 11,994
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #6,333 of 11,994
Any of you use Roon and the audeze plugin? What do you think?

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #6,334 of 11,994
Dmitrys do you tend to prefer the tube distortion in general or just with these cans. I would figure the overall sound profile would be similar to the lyr with more power.

Tubes give me the ability to get a different sound so that I don't force myself into upgrades every now and then.
I have SS tubes for Mjolnir2 as well, but for some reason (sound signature) I always get back to Siemens 6922 NOS.
Plus at night tubes give you that magical glow which makes you relax :)

By the way, different tubes made my LCDs sound very different. I have no preference (tube vs SS), I prefer the music I can enjoy and different tubes give me a different VIEW and experience on the music. Plus they are built nice.

I have Headamp GSX MK2 (at work), which is an SS amp.

Thanks,
Dmitry

P.S. This is a Tube I'm enjoying a LOT: https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/siemens-a-frame-e88cc-6922.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #6,335 of 11,994
Tubes give me the ability to get a different sound so that I don't force myself into upgrades every now and then.
I have SS tubes for Mjolnir2 as well, but for some reason (sound signature) I always get back to Siemens 6922 NOS.
Plus at night tubes give you that magical glow which makes you relax :)

By the way, different tubes made my LCDs sound very different. I have no preference (tube vs SS), I prefer the music I can enjoy and different tubes give me a different VIEW and experience on the music. Plus they are built nice.

I have Headamp GSX MK2 (at work), which is an SS amp.

Thanks,
Dmitry

P.S. This is a Tube I'm enjoying a LOT: https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/siemens-a-frame-e88cc-6922.
I have a pair of Siemens Cca in that very amp
I'm looking at buying the gsxmk2 very soon

funny stuff our ears must be similar

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #6,336 of 11,994
You're entitled to your opinion, even if its wrong.
And you're entitled to your lack of real world experience with the two. Factual .. Or you have really poor taste in quality and base your (what you think as fact) on numbers. Go ahead and use that subpar dac and amp with your 4000$ headphones . Oh wait, you don't have those headphones but can afford the Jot. Lol

Jan 7, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #6,338 of 11,994
How is it better? Havent tried it.

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #6,340 of 11,994
And you're entitled to your lack of real world experience with the two. Factual .. Or you have really poor taste in quality and base your (what you think as fact) on numbers. Go ahead and use that subpar dac and amp with your 4000$ headphones . Oh wait, you don't have those headphones but can afford the Jot. Lol
I have both the Jot and the LCD-4 and LCD-3 as well Focal Utopia. Many hours spent listening to all of them separately and together. I like the Jot for electronic or EDM. But definitely prefer my WooAudio WA5LE for classic rock, pop, or basically any other type of music. I find the Jot a little to hard sounding with some music.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #6,341 of 11,994
Finally received my LCD4's. Now for some head time. I'm preferring them with tubes over SS upon initial listen.

LCD-4.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #6,344 of 11,994
they new ?

the look like coco
Yes they are brand new with ebony wood. It could be the filter I used that's giving off the slight reddish tint

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #6,345 of 11,994
I've seen a couple bad looking ebony ones in the wild (Imo) and that sure isn't one of them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back