Audeze LCD-4
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #6,316 of 11,995
about 6 months or so...sent it back to audeze 2 days ago
Thanks. I liked your post...doesn't mean I like that you had a driver to fail :)
I've had my LCD-4 for three weeks now...they are still working, thankfully.
Good luck on a speedy repair job!

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #6,317 of 11,995
none at all actually...had been using them without issue and then all of a sudden a couple of days ago i put them on to listen and the right side had no sound...simple as that

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #6,318 of 11,995
For what it is worth, I haven't had a driver failure on my LCD-4. The finish on the wood cups got screwed up, but Audeze took care of me very well and fixed the issue. I'm sure if I have a driver failure in the future, they will take similar care of me (at least I hope they will.)

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #6,319 of 11,995
none at all actually...had been using them without issue and then all of a sudden a couple of days ago i put them on to listen and the right side had no sound...simple as that

Did you check it was not cable/connection related?

But don't worry folks, if this continues, we will all get a free upgrade to the 300 Ohm version.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #6,320 of 11,995
i changed the cable TWICE lol.....checked connections and checked to see that my other HP's worked which they did

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #6,321 of 11,995
I'm sure most people that own LCD4s would check to see if it was indeed a loose connector.

As far as I can tell, Audeze takes excellent care of their customers...that's why the reliability doesn't necessary bother me, I know we're in good hands.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #6,322 of 11,995
I just purchased lcd-4's from another head fi member and am very happy. I had been looking for a companion to hd800's that would have more punch. Found it! BBK Live In Cook County Jail has never sounded so good. I'm currently driving them with a gen 5 bifrost / lyr 2 with telefunken e88cc. Half Volume on high gain is a solid 90db, however should I be looking for more power? Before buying these cans I had been considering a jump up to summit schiit. Could anyone whos made the jump up to Ragnarok and yggy with the lcd-4's comment on gainz? Having a great night of bourbon and tidal masters here :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #6,326 of 11,995
I just purchased lcd-4's from another head fi member and am very happy. I had been looking for a companion to hd800's that would have more punch. Found it! BBK Live In Cook County Jail has never sounded so good. I'm currently driving them with a gen 5 bifrost / lyr 2 with telefunken e88cc. Half Volume on high gain is a solid 90db, however should I be looking for more power? Before buying these cans I had been considering a jump up to summit schiit. Could anyone whos made the jump up to Ragnarok and yggy with the lcd-4's comment on gainz? Having a great night of bourbon and tidal masters here :)

I have Yggy + Mjolnir 2 (Siemens's NOS 6922 tubes) + LCD 3/4. Excellent combination.
Ragnarok + lcd3/4 is a much much worse combo. I left ragnarok to drive my Polk Lsim 703 monitors with Ayre Codex being the source. It drives speakers much better than headphones. Audeze sound very harsh with Ragnarok compared to mjolnir2/yggy.

However both have more than enough power to drive lcd3/4.

I'm usually at 11 o'clock on my Mjolnir2 with low gain on.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #6,327 of 11,995
I have the Jot and LCD-4/3. Single ended it probably isn't enough, but balanced it seemed plenty. I like my music loud and I never went past 12-1 on the dial. Dac output level may also play a role. I have a Metrum Acoustics multibit which is a strong 2v single ended output. Sounded pretty strong to me.

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #6,329 of 11,995
I have Yggy + Mjolnir 2 (Siemens's NOS 6922 tubes) + LCD 3/4. Excellent combination.
Ragnarok + lcd3/4 is a much much worse combo. I left ragnarok to drive my Polk Lsim 703 monitors with Ayre Codex being the source. It drives speakers much better than headphones. Audeze sound very harsh with Ragnarok compared to mjolnir2/yggy.

However both have more than enough power to drive lcd3/4.

I'm usually at 11 o'clock on my Mjolnir2 with low gain on.
Dmitrys do you tend to prefer the tube distortion in general or just with these cans. I would figure the overall sound profile would be similar to the lyr with more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back