Audeze LCD-4
Jun 6, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #11,266 of 12,031
enjoy it then

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #11,267 of 12,031
Has anyone tried the LCD-4 from a Chord Mojo 1? I think it sounds quite musical and organic and surprisingly seems to have more than enough power for the power hungry LCD-4. I actually prefer the Mojo pairing to the RME-ADI-2 as that combo sounds dryer and not as engaging to my ears.
To get the best out of your RME ADI-2, go into the menu:

I/O / [current output] / Settings / DA-Filter:
and select the one that suits best to your taste.

The default “Sharp”-Filter indeed can sound a bit dry, my preference is “Slow” on the AKM version and “SD LD” for the ESS.
They open up the sound in every regard, it’s great to have these options.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #11,268 of 12,031
Has anyone tried the LCD-4 from a Chord Mojo 1? I think it sounds quite musical and organic and surprisingly seems to have more than enough power for the power hungry LCD-4. I actually prefer the Mojo pairing to the RME-ADI-2 as that combo sounds dryer and not as engaging to my ears.
I have both and don't consider Mojo1 to match the ability of LCD-4. The LCD-4 is one of the best HP ever made while the Mojo 1 is ok for In ears and easier to drive headphones, especially if you're out and about.

*You asked :slight_smile:

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #11,269 of 12,031
i wonder why audeze is changing their house sound, while alot of members still like the older house sound, nothing in their new releases is as hailed as older releases

usually companies address the preference of customers, and not ignore it

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #11,270 of 12,031
I wonder how much changing the form factor and weight (which made the LCD-5 even less comfortable to me) required them to change the house sound or if those decisions were independent from one another.

I love the LCD-4 and absolutely hate the lifeless, painful-to-wear LCD-5.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #11,271 of 12,031
i wonder why audeze is changing their house sound, while alot of members still like the older house sound, nothing in their new releases is as hailed as older releases

usually companies address the preference of customers, and not ignore it
It's probably that they don't know how to improve the old house sound and just keep offering most old LCD models in addition to the new stuff that targets a completely different audience.

The only thing I don't understand is why the LCD-4 as pinnacle of the old house sound is out of production

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #11,272 of 12,031
I've always wanted the susvara or abyss tc but havnt really found a reason to upgrade. Not to mention the $$ I'd have to spend to do so.

I've heard that some say that the lcd 4 dont change much with high end gear. I slightly disagree.I find there are some things in a chain that can make the lcd 4 sound off. Synergy is important.

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #11,273 of 12,031
I've always wanted the susvara or abyss tc but havnt really found a reason to upgrade. Not to mention the $$ I'd have to spend to do so.

I've heard that some say that the lcd 4 dont change much with high end gear. I slightly disagree.I find there are some things in a chain that can make the lcd 4 sound off. Synergy is important.
I’ve never heard the 1266, and would love to own them, but I do 95% of my listening at the office and I still have a tiny bit of dignity to maintain. They just look so absurd on the head.

The susvaras are a black hole IMO. I found them way too soft in their presentation and they lead to never-ending FOMO as you buy more and more expensive amps trying to chase the best they can offer. Wasn’t worth it for me.

I’ve finally arrived at the LCD-4 and the utopia, and those two check my boxes more than anything I’ve heard (and can bring myself to wear).

Jun 17, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #11,274 of 12,031
Considering upgrading from my Ferrum stack. Has anyone had the opportunity to try out both the Nimbus (4 or 5) and the Violectric v550 (or v590)? If so could you tell me whether the nimbus is a substantial upgrade over the Violectric, especially in terms of dynamics/impact?

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #11,275 of 12,031
Considering upgrading from my Ferrum stack. Has anyone had the opportunity to try out both the Nimbus (4 or 5) and the Violectric v550 (or v590)? If so could you tell me whether the nimbus is a substantial upgrade over the Violectric, especially in terms of dynamics/impact?
Fair warning, I haven't tried these. But was wondering if you'd considered either the Zahl HM1 or the Holo Bliss? These seems to be getting a lot of buzz in the flagship SS amp field.

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #11,276 of 12,031
I wonder how much changing the form factor and weight (which made the LCD-5 even less comfortable to me) required them to change the house sound or if those decisions were independent from one another.

I am glad you found a setup that works for you. Definitely neither painful nor lifeless here.

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #11,277 of 12,031
Fair warning, I haven't tried these. But was wondering if you'd considered either the Zahl HM1 or the Holo Bliss? These seems to be getting a lot of buzz in the flagship SS amp field.
Ive abed the bliss vs the oor for caldera and atrium. The bliss is overall more refined and bigger stage for me, but if impact and dynamics is what you looking for, the oor got it beat. Haven tried the violectrics besodes the v280.

Jun 17, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #11,278 of 12,031
Ive abed the bliss vs the oor for caldera and atrium. The bliss is overall more refined and bigger stage for me, but if impact and dynamics is what you looking for, the oor got it beat. Haven tried the violectrics besodes the v280.
Thanks for telling me this! Are you able to tell me how the v280 stacks up against the Oor?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #11,279 of 12,031
Thanks for telling me this! Are you able to tell me how the v280 stacks up against the Oor?
I remember really liking the v280, but because its not on the same headphone used to test, i really cant compare them. Just from memory, the v280 sounds warmer and punchier than the ha6a i got at the same time.

The older violectric sounds very different from current one iirc based on reading.

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #11,280 of 12,031

Yes, I have to agree…. I have the LCD2, LCD3 and LCD4. And I just cannot bring myself to pick up the LCD5. It sounded limp and lifeless to me. In fact, I thought the CRBN is closer to their old house sound, even if there are suggestions that it is inferior in terms of technicalities to the LCD5.

I am glad that I pulled the trigger on the LCD4 when it first came out. It has been serving me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back